Greedy adults (my gen, and a lil older) stole halloween from kids and teens. We need to give it back

How can one be expected to comment on said slutty costumes without visual reference?

It's not dark at 5 in late October dumbass.. It gets dark at 515-530 in mid december.

It varies by location, but sunset in Los Angeles for 10/31/18 will be at 6:01 pm. If daylight savings was not still in effect that would be 5:01pm.

In the town I grew up in, sunset for 10/31/18 is 5:44 pm. Without daylight savings sun would have set at 4:44 pm.

So, dumbass, it is in fact dark at 5:15-5:30 pm (solar time, not daylight savings) in many parts of the United States.

Edit: Just for kicks I looked up sunset in Macomb MI for 10/31/18, 6:26 pm. It would have been 5:26 pm without the Bush extension of daylight savings time.

It was dark at 5:30 on halloween night in your town before 2007.

If you don't like parents trick or treating at 6pm before a full sunset, don't blame the parents, blame GW Bush.

Last edited:
We are on eastern time here. It gets dark on Halloween around 645-7.

We get a lot of kids coming into my neighborhood, which is fine, but I do not give to older kids like 14-15+ and fuck giving to the older kids without a costume as well

The vanishing of pedestrian life continues.

No one walks or bikes to school anymore, kids don't play on the street after school anymore, and they don't trick or treat on foot either.

And fuck off with that safety shit. There's been a reduction in crime for about 30 years straight.

We get a lot of kids coming into my neighborhood, which is fine, but I do not give to older kids like 14-15+ and fuck giving to the older kids without a costume as well

Costume + saying trick or treat + under 18 = You have to give candy.

Some 13 year olds look 17. And if adults like Halloween so much, maybe we should so just trick or treat. Who doesn't like candy? Would be a cool ass holiday that way.. Maybe people with kids all buy $30 worth of stuff from the dollar tree or 5 below to hand out to other parents. Would be sweet.

I know a couple really good card tricks.. This year my youngest (in this house) wants me to do a trick lol. So some older kids are getting a trick.

Kids don't trick or treat anymore. Last halloween i bought $30 of candy and didn't even open the bag.

Our neighborhood turned over from the old doctors who moved in when the University hospital was built, and now we have a lot of kids coming for Halloween.

We're close to a University so you also get a bunch of collage kids as well.

Halloween stores are nothing but adult costumes, with one little section for kids. Not even a good variety. It's embarrassing that there are more slut costumes than kids, capitalism be damned. The last halloween store I went into had one small wall for boy costumes, and was 80% adult crap. We can have our Halloween parties and yard decorations, that's fine, but now some idiot helicopter nazi moms want Halloween to be from like 430 to 730. F**k you busy body scum-bags.. I don't hand out candy until it's almost completely dark. If the kid is over 5, they better not be there until after 6.

Oh, and this new joke of not giving candy to teens? Maybe I can see 18, but what the hell is our problem? So Joe the fat childless neighbor gets to spend days showing what a 49 year old edgelord he is with $7,000 worth of decorations, fully indulging in the holiday, but if a 15-16 year old shows up in a costume enjoying the night the way you are SUPPOSED to, the edgelord adults are supposed to turn them away?

Our local fire station is sounding horns for when trick or treating is supposed to start, and when it's supposed to end.. Which is like freakin 8 or 830. F**K YOU FIRE-FIGHTERS, wannabe policing something that never needed it, trying to impress the low level politician nazi-loser moms. Take your tornado siren and cram it on Halloween, unless there's a tornado.

Please, please.. Leave your lights on until 10:00 if you are passing out candy; pass out good candy; and let teenagers have fun like they are supposed to. 8th grade Halloween for me was a great memory.

If the kids start coming at 4:30-5, tell them, and their parents, that Halloween starts at sun-down, unless the kids is 5 or under.

The busy-body middle aged fat-ass moms that want to police fun out of Halloween for the kids? Most of them probably have some crap skank outfit that looks gross on them, so they can edge-lord it up with their whoever around halloween in the bedroom. Halloween belongs more to the 6-16 year olds; give it back. It's more fun for everybody that way.

• There are plenty of costumes available for kids at department stores (far better than the small selection of shitty flammable costumes we had back in the day).
db9c1f54947cf6335e052d7a7d3b0290-retro-halloween-halloween-costumes.jpg

• My community doesn't allow trick or treating, and I still go out to parties or bars if Halloween happens to fall on a weekend anyway.
  • If you want to trick or treat even though you're pretty much the size of a full grown man, knock yourself out. I would personally be humiliated though. I knew when I was too old to trick or treat any longer. High school was definitely the cut off point there.
  • I agree about the 8:30 curfew. That is bullshit. When I was a kid, me and my friends use to trick or treat until all the porch lights went dark.

• There are plenty of costumes available for kids at department stores (far better than the small selection of shitty flammable costumes we had back in the day).
db9c1f54947cf6335e052d7a7d3b0290-retro-halloween-halloween-costumes.jpg

• My community doesn't allow trick or treating, and I still go out to parties or bars if Halloween happens to fall on a weekend anyway.
  • If you want to trick or treat even though you're pretty much the size of a full grown man, knock yourself out. I would personally be humiliated though. I knew when I was too old to trick or treat any longer. High school was definitely the cut off point there.
  • I agree about the 8:30 curfew. That is bullshit. When I was a kid, me and my friends use to trick or treat until all the porch lights went dark.

Your community sucks.

There are 10 Halloween stores around here. They all are adult oriented.

That curfew mightg actually be 8. Can't remember. No, I don't trick or treat. It's a pretty harmless way to say hi to.neighbors we never talk to anymore, really. Up.until the early 90s, all tged neighbors were friendly. Shit got weird.

Your community sucks.

My community is awesome because there are no shit head kids vandalizing our shit here.

It's definitely not like that here. Kids have tons more shit now for Halloween then back in the day.

That curfew mightg actually be 8. Can't remember. No, I don't trick or treat. It's a pretty harmless way to say hi to.neighbors we never talk to anymore, really. Up.until the early 90s, all tged neighbors were friendly. Shit got weird.

We are most definitely living in different times. Society is way more secluded and way less trusting (several reasons for this).

Last edited:
Damn, that’ a long OP. Anyway, I haven’t been to a Halloween store in a while, but adults should create their costumes from vintage clothes and shit they make.

Damn, that’ a long OP. Anyway, I haven’t been to a Halloween store in a while, but adults should create their costumes from vintage clothes and shit they make.

It gains steam near the end, so give it a shot. I started making my own costumes in the 6th grade, when I was a flasher lol. I had a trench and put underwear over all black; flashed for extra candy.

Yeah let kids have fun. But also some freedom to goof and make some trouble. Kids are carted around to trunk or treat events, which are neutered trick or treating events. I earned my candy, I didn't walk around a parking lot with mommy. I went out and had to avoid the big kods who'd take your candy. It's what made life fun. Risk and rewards. Now it's all minivans and lamers

Your community sucks.

I was raised in Maryland . Knew most of my neighbors, we're like family. Had their keys and they had ours. Had to on several occasions , open up an empty house to get a key for a house to get a key for a house, where they were locked out. Things were different. Now people hardly say hello

I was raised in Maryland . Knew most of my neighbors, we're like family. Had their keys and they had ours. Had to on several occasions , open up an empty house to get a key for a house to get a key for a house, where they were locked out. Things were different. Now people hardly say hello

Human beings haven't changed that much, but pop-culture has. It became the new God, and our way of doing thigs changed based on it's gospel of being afraid, distrustful, and mean spirited against your fellow man.

The vanishing of pedestrian life continues.

No one walks or bikes to school anymore, kids don't play on the street after school anymore, and they don't trick or treat on foot either.

And fuck off with that safety shit. There's been a reduction in crime for about 30 years straight.
Just wait until all kids have to be in bubbles until they are teens. Everyone will be a bubbleboy now for the safety of the children. If some parents could, they would keep their kids in their womb that long.

Back