Green Bay Packers 2023

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
With the Rodgers saga heating up, it's time to start discussing the new season.

Of course the biggest factor is Aaron Rodgers. Will he play for the Packers? Will he be traded?
The Packers appear to be willing to consider a trade as they allowed Rodgers to talk to the Jets. Depending on how that works out with the spending cap and draft picks could drastically change the off season. The Packers might be able to make some acquisitions. While I don't want to see Rodgers play for another team, it might be time to part ways. I'm sure the Jets want more than a one year commitment if they have to give up two firsts to get him. Rodgers seems to be in that year to year mode like Favre was at the end.

Next some injury updates.

While they say they expect Rashan Gary to be ready at the start of the season, I feel it is just a matter of time until his next injury.

Eric Stokes is a strange case in that the Packers haven't really said what the injury is. He was in a walking boot but that could be anything from an ankle sprain to a broken bone to an achilles tendon. Stokes' biggest asset was his speed. If this injury limits that, it could end his career.

His road to a possible championship Is to stay in gb but I'd get rid of his ass if I was gb management lol

Looks like he's meeting with the Jets again today.

Writing is on the wall. GB would have to approve of this, which means they are ready to move on.

As much as I love Rodgers and all of the fun seasons he gave us (despite some bad endings) I think I'm ready to move on as a GB fan and see what Love can do. I don't have super high expectations for next season with Love, but at least the last game he played I was impressed when I was otherwise underwhelmed in the past.

A new chapter awaits for The Pack.

Guys chasing the payday now . Danika “sparkle pony” Patrick and Aeywaska or whatever ruined this man.
Or... the Packers want to move on and he still wants to play. Jets are pretty much his main option right now. If he gets paid in the process good for him, don't all NFL players want that?

Or... the Packers want to move on and he still wants to play. Jets are pretty much his main option right now. If he gets paid in the process good for him, don't all NFL players want that?

or Rings and he already has one

Who cares about Rodgers at this point. Team doesn't want him, whatever, that was obvious when they drafted Love back in 2020. I'm more concerned that they are keeping Joe freaking Barry as the DC.

Love is gonna have to be a stud early to overcome this average at best defense.

Rodgers to the Jets will go horribly for him.

I can't believe he's considering them.

I couldn't agree more. He is going to have to do more than show up to OTA's to get up to speed with the Jets on offense. At least in GB he already has a year under his belt with Doubs and Watson. He saw the promise those two had.

But I think the FO really does want to move on and Rodgers does not want his last game to be losing at home, in January, to the Detroit Lions. Losing to the Niners in the divisional round in 2021 actually had more dignity to it, lol.

I dunno what you guys are talking about. The Jets are a qb away from being a super bowl contender. That team is fucking STACKED. Going there is by far the best move for him, cuz it ain't happening in GB next season, and he doesn't have very many left in him.

I dunno what you guys are talking about. The Jets are a qb away from being a super bowl contender. That team is fucking STACKED. Going there is by far the best move for him, cuz it ain't happening in GB next season, and he doesn't have very many left in him.

There was a quote from Rodgers on that Aubrey Marcus podcast where he says he was asked to take care of the ball in his first season with LaFleur and didn't quite understand what was going on, then he won back to back MVP's. It seems like he thinks he can still be 2011 - 2016 Rodgers and just wheel and deal. If he goes over to the Jets and tries to play like that he is going to end up breaking another collarbone or get a bad concussion and be done for good.

I just have this feeling that he is going to regret not buying in more for his last couple of seasons in GB if he goes elsewhere and fails.

We don't know if Rodgers has even made the decision that he wants to play this season. I know he said he would tell McAfee when he decided. Maybe the Packers gave the Jets permission to talk to Rodgers to try to see what his plans are. The Jets are over the cap without having any draft pick salaries included. Can Rodgers take a 7-10 team to the playoffs? Does he even want to start over with a new team. Does Rodgers already know what he plans to do and he is just toying with people? He likes to bait the pundits.

Waited too long on Rodgers.

It's Minnesotas division now

Not trading that drama queen last year was such a colossal mistake, just looking at the haul the Bronchoes gave up for the cringe lord.

I will just assume that the talks are more about whether he commits for two years to the Jets instead of his year to year bullcrap. He won't walk away from 60m.

Not trading that drama queen last year was such a colossal mistake, just looking at the haul the Bronchoes gave up for the cringe lord.

I will just assume that the talks are more about whether he commits for two years to the Jets instead of his year to year bullcrap. He won't walk away from 60m.

I blame Gute. Drafts the heir apparent, then wastes his entire rookie contract to then pay the guy he wants out of town a buttload of cash; all while giving up all of his leverage. He wanted his cake and eat it too. Now if Love is any good; he will have to pay him a market deal in a couple years, lol.

Without knowing the terms of Rodger's contract, I don't know if he has approval of any trade or whether the Packers are free to trade him to any team.

Back