News Grizzly kills 2 people in Banff

Ezekiel 25:17

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Rare, but these things happen. A couple and their dog were killed by a grizzly in banff national park. They were apparently on a long hiking trek when it happened.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/02/canada-deadly-bear-attack-banff-national-park

The crazy thing is the timing. This is normally the time bears are stocking up for hibernation. If they are short on food supplies and really hungry, they will try and eat whatever easy prey they can find. Their temperament around this time is no doubt on edge.

I'll never understand why people risk it and hike/camp when bears, especially grizzlies are the most likely to attack.

Last edited:
Pretty scary. I went camping in Banff with my wife and kids for the Labor Day weekend a month ago. Bears are always seen in the area, and they warn to never have food in your tent. You always figure bear attacks are extremely rare and that you don’t need to be afraid, but then something like this happens.

RIP

Too bad they weren't sherdoggers. It's gonna take a little bit more than a single grizzly to take me down

Look at that weak chin

Grizzly%20Bear-1600x1600.png

I'd put it on its ass with a jab.

Stuff nightmares are made of, damn. I was there with family when I was a kid. Beautiful place and actually saw a grizzly from above from a gondola or whatever those are called.

People need to look at pictures of deadly bear attacks before going hiking in these places. These are highly intelligent , extremely powerful ambush predators. They have even ambushed park rangers. The idiocy of going hiking without often even a needed caliber of gun is mind blowing.

You don't go camping / hiking this unprepared next to lions why do you it there?

Imo a lot of this is due to people just being so disassociated from Nature living in modern environment they can't imagine just being killed because nature. You won't ever find a trapper being unprepared.

Yeah, I’ve never understood the appeal of camping in the wilderness. Man, F that Noise. If I ever do go, and I know there are crazy ass bears, I’m taking a couple nukes with me.

Pretty scary. I went camping in Banff with my wife and kids for the Labor Day weekend a month ago. Bears are always seen in the area, and they warn to never have food in your tent. You always figure bear attacks are extremely rare and that you don’t need to be afraid, but then something like this happens.

RIP

Black bears yeah. I've seen plenty of black bears. There are apparently only 60 grizzlies in Banff national park. Never seen one of those.

Back