GSP makes a little person joke.

Was watching this GSP interview by Submission Radio, and did a double take 2:48 in. The video is time stamped. I'm not PC by any means, but just hearing GSP say midget, and his explanation afterwards is hilarious. I had to share with you guys. Enjoy.

Why does the title say "little person joke" and this says it's actually a midget joke? Why not put that in the title to avoid confusion. I thought it meant he made a joke about a small child. "Little person" isn;t specific; it could mean several things, whereas midget has a very specific meaning. Words matter. The more precise one is in his use of language, the more articulate he is.

This is the dumbest comment I see ppl make.
So if he’s an athlete and not a fighter like you claim, how was he the longest reigning WW champ of all time?

because he doesn't enjoy it. just because you're good at it doesn't mean you're truly passionate about it.

did you hear Schaub talk about how Jackson made him talk GSP down because he kept telling Jackson, "why do i keep doing this? i don't want to go out there"

taking nothing away from GSP, he's the best WW ever, but you can't love something if you're deathly afraid of it. and if you don't love it, then it's not truly your passion.

i know many will take what i said as a slight to GSP, but if you think about it, it isn't. it's actually a compliment to GSP, because i'm essentially saying GSP is better than guys who are actually passionate about fighting. guys like Carlos Condit and Robbie Lawler LOVE fighting, they love it. they encourage the violence, they don't try to tame it like GSP does.

Last edited:
{<jordan}

also stfu, aldo wanted to move up to fight pettis for the LW title but the ufc denied him that
lol calm down. You're telling me to shut the fuck up because I told the flat out truth?

You're an idiot. Plain and simple. No way around it. It's the truth. Continue being a douche though. No one can stop Aldo from moving a weight class. Literally no one. Your excuses are garbage. Come back to me when you have a single clue what you're talking about.

I'm not offended bro, I thought it was hilarious. I spit out my fucking coffee when I heard him.

There was nothing offensive because he didn't say anything bad about the hypothetical midget he said he would be scared of, but despite the thread name, it was not a joke. He was serious. I think he was implying he'd be scared of fighting anyone even a midget because even then he could lose. What's funny about that? He basically implied even a midget could have a chance in a fight against him. That's a compliment to all midgets!!!

because he doesn't enjoy it. just because you're good at it doesn't mean you're truly passionate about it.

did you hear Schaub talk about how Jackson made him talk GSP down because he kept telling Jackson, "why do i keep doing this? i don't want to go out there"

taking nothing away from GSP, he's the best WW ever, but you can't love something if you're deathly afraid of it. and if you don't love it, then it's not truly your passion.

i know many will take what i said as a slight to GSP, but if you think about it, it isn't. it's actually a compliment to GSP, because i'm essentially saying GSP is better than guys who are actually passionate about fighting. guys like Carlos Condit and Robbie Lawler LOVE fighting, they love it. they encourage the violence, they don't try to tame it like GSP does.

NO, it's an insult to GSP because a fight without violence isn't even a fight. I'd go as far as to say to promote a "tame" fight (whatever that is) that isn't violent, is outright fraud! Besides, the objective of an MMA fight isn't exactly noble. The objective is to hurt your opponent badly enough that he submits or gets knocked out. So if you're going to hurt someone because your passionate about fighting and you love it, then that's your reason for doing it. But to not even enjoy fighting and just hurt people anyway? If you're not passionate about fighting, then what's your excuse for working a job where your objective is to hurt the person you're working with? Is it that you're too dumb to do anything else for a living? That the only thing in life you're good at is ruining other people's lives? What else could the excuse be?

I am not debating your conclusion. It's not what is bothersome to me. I wouldn't try to tell anyone a pro MMA fighter isn't a "real fighter". That would be a waste of our times. Neither of us have the experience or knowledge on the topic, and only of us have the arrogance to pretend too.

My point is, you, and many others are not qualified to tell anyone what a "real" anything is, until you've put in some work.

edit: btw, you're saying you don't know.. I don't know.. but it could be right. And that's your standard.

Yesterday you said this:
Been saying it for years, the fans that praise Diaz bros for "going to war" "ready to fight like a man" bullshit has always been the playing a fake narrative.

Diaz brothers prefer to engage in the ring/cage, on their terms. Since they've had any value, they've used it carefully like a prize fighting vet instead of a MMA mark. Nick has said things like 'I'm not going to make another fighter popular", he's not here to make stars for the UFC.

Diaz bros deserve a lot of respect, but the MMA marks get the story wrong imo.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/nate-diaz-i-dont-wanna-fight-anybody.3810047/page-4
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/nate-diaz-i-dont-wanna-fight-anybody.3810047/page-4
Since I saw your posts here I thought I should ask you; Didn't you do the, pretty much, same thing in that thread? Maybe my english is too rusty, I don't know. I definitely don't know what an MMA mark is so there's that.
What were you saying? The Diaz brothers aren't ready to fight like a man? Aren't getting to wars? Their fans are stupid?
Are you qualified in this case to judge?

I'm not trying to get into the middle of your argument with Louis. I just wanted to see what you have to say about it.

NO, it's an insult to GSP because a fight without violence isn't even a fight. I'd go as far as to say to promote a "tame" fight (whatever that is) that isn't violent, is outright fraud! Besides, the objective of an MMA fight isn't exactly noble. The objective is to hurt your opponent badly enough that he submits or gets knocked out. So if you're going to hurt someone because your passionate about fighting and you love it, then that's your reason for doing it. But to not even enjoy fighting and just hurt people anyway? If you're not passionate about fighting, then what's your excuse for working a job where your objective is to hurt the person you're working with? Is it that you're too dumb to do anything else for a living? That the only thing in life you're good at is ruining other people's lives? What else could the excuse be?

when you wrestlefuck 90% of your opponents, you're inherently a LESS VIOLENT person than someone like Wanderlei Silva who actively encourages brawls and in fact, thrives on getting into them.

or are you trying to argue that GSP is the most violent fighter ever to grace the octagon? because then i'd really have to question your sanity.

nobody said MMA is a noble pursuit. so i don't know where you're getting that from. but if GSP wasn't getting paid millions, he wouldn't be fighting. while guys like Wanderlei, BJ Penn, Tank Abbott. these guys would fight people FOR FREE, AND HAVE.

don't project your feelings on me, i'm not the one who's implying that GSP is somehow terrible because he's not violent or passionate about fighting. in fact, i'm pretty sure i admitted GSP is the greatest WW ever, and that it's even more mind blowing seeing as i don't think he's as passionate about it as other people.

this shouldn't be a surprise. lots of people who are great in sports aren't passionate about the sport as others who aren't as good. if passion was all you needed to succeed, then just LOVING something would make you succeed. but it doesn't.

if you're 4'3, it doesn't matter how passionate you are about basketball, you ain't beating no motherfucker who's 6'7 and moves like an animal, whether he's passionate about it or not.

What were you saying? The Diaz brothers aren't ready to fight like a man? Aren't getting to wars? Their fans are stupid?
Are you qualified in this case to judge?

I wasn't judging Diaz's character. I was commenting on the perception Diaz fans tried to create around him. I was mocking posters who use terms like "real fighter".

The fact is, The Diaz bros are not willing to fight anyone. They're going to fight when it's worth it. The once popular fanboi narrative that Diaz "is a real fighter" and "would fight anyone", is a made up story line.

As for the comment of going to war, Nick Diaz doesn't bite down and fight. He sets up his attack and goes offensive on his terms. Here are his recent wins:

11_26611.jpg

5496_es.jpg

20110130110349_IMG_5582.JPG

hqdefault.jpg

Nick doesn't put himself in danger often, and that's a great quality. He forced the fight in directions he likes, and has an advantage in. Against the fence. He couldn't do it too Noons, Condit, Anderson or Georges and looked lost at times, and started acting silly instead of "taking risks".

Diaz is a careful, thoughtful prize fighting vet. He's not a idiot, looking to "bang" for fun. By those same Diaz fan's metric, that makes Diaz "not a real fighter", and that's a joke.

Last edited:
@SuperNerd
So, they haven't had fights unfavorable to them?
About going to war; Couldn't Nick take the Daley fight on the ground? Wasn't that a war? Are most people delusional and you're the exception? I think you're extremely biased.

@SuperNerd
So, they haven't had fights unfavorable to them?

I don't who you're talking about or what you're meaning by this.

About going to war; Couldn't Nick take the Daley fight on the ground? Wasn't that a war?

It was a war, on Nick Diaz's terms, against the cage, where he wanted it, where the odds were in his favor.

Nick Diaz wouldn't do that in the center of the cage, because he's an intelligent fighter who wants to maximize his strengths and not get hurt.

I think you're extremely biased.

If telling me this is the intention of the discussion, cool. I'll accept your opinion on that.

Last edited:
I don't who you're talking about or what you're meaning by this.
You said that it's not true that they'll fight anyone, subtly trying to create a false narrative that they duck fighters. You're not so smooth.
Your idol, GSP......Favourable match up or not? With rules that favour wrestlers and point fighting or not?

It was a war, on Nick Diaz's terms, against the cage, where he wanted it, where the odds were in his favor.
Yup, the whole time against the cage................... He went into a fistfight against a heavy hitter. What, you think Daley had the advantage on the ground?

You said that it's not true that they'll fight anyone, subtly trying to create a false narrative that they duck fighters. You're not so smooth.

Where is Nick Diaz? Where has Nate been? They have been avoiding fights, they've been waiting for better ones. You want to put some judgement on that, that's you.

I said Diaz bros deserve respect for not being pushed over by UFC and attempting to maximize their value.

I don't think you want to hear what I'm saying. You're trying to twist my comments for some reason.

if anyone has a problem with it, they can always take it up with GSP, face to face. But knowing liberals, they'll come in a pack, start snapping their fingers and chanting some absurd statement. pathetic liberals are not to be feared. just buy noise canceling headphones.

Just because GSP was able to tactically beat his opponents dosen’t mean he is a tough guy at all. He was never one who liked to get hit as you could see in the Serra fight.

Ive sparred with guys way tougher than GSP. Just because they don’t have the athletisim to fight in the UFC. Talking about toughness here. You either have it or you don’t. Gsp does not. He isn’t a real fighter.

Lol angry white belt who prolly got banned 2 days ago. You suck

Where is Nick Diaz? Where has Nate been? They have been avoiding fights, they've been waiting for better ones. You want to put some judgement on that, that's you.

I said Diaz bros deserve respect for not being pushed over by UFC.

I don't think you want to hear what I'm saying. You're trying to twist my comments for some reason.
I do hear it just fine.

Btw,you never answered me if you're qualified to make all these judgements or not. I mean, that's what made me post in the first place. You were saying others are not qualified to judge GSP. Are you qualified?

i was laughing my ass off at this too. he had some similar funny moments on rogan's podcast.

I do hear it just fine.

Btw,you never answered me if you're qualified to make all these judgements or not. I mean, that's what made me post in the first place. You were saying others are not qualified to judge GSP. Are you qualified?

Am I qualified to make what judgements?

That Diaz bros don't fight whoever, and fight when it's convenient for them? That's not a judgement, that's whats happened.

And no, I would never seriously throw around the term "real fighter". It's insulting. How many NHL games do you need to watch before you're comfortable telling people who a "real hockey player" is? How many hfboard posts do you need? It's a pretty stupid comment.

Am I qualified to make what judgements?

That Diaz bros don't fight whoever, and fight when it's convenient for them? That's not a judgement, that's whats happened.

And no, I would never seriously throw around the term "real fighter". It's insulting. How many NHL games do you need to watch before you're comfortable telling people who a "real hockey player" is? How hfboard posts do you need? It's a pretty stupid comment.
I think what happens is they don't want to fight for a couple of dollars and a kick in the butt soon after. Not that they're ducking fighters, even in unfavourable matches.

You also brought up the wars and I included that in my question but I won't annoy you further.

Back