GSP vs Hendricks was not a robbery!

Yes, of course.

1. If each round is judged unto itself GSP wins.
2. If total damage is the key then Big Rig wins.

336_Georges_St_Pierre_vs_Johny_Hendricks_gallery_post.0.0.jpg

usp-mma_-ufc-167-st-pierre-vs-hendricks_008.jpg

GSP-FACE.jpg

You’re right ts. It wasn’t a robbery

Watched it for the 2nd time since it happened. Initially i had it for Hendricks for sure but i think that the fight was so close with a dominant champion that you want to give props to the challenger.

Round 1 I scored it for Hendricks, close round.

Round 2: Hendricks landed some good shots in the beginning but he didn’t hurt him as much as the commentary made it out to be. GSP wasn’t even wobbled or anything. Most of the round took place in the centre of the octagon and I thought personally GSP landed the better shots (left hooks and jabs) I scored it for GSP for dominating most of the round

Round 3: Definitely GSP

Round 4: Definitely Big Rigg

Round 5: GSP was better.

48-47 GSP. Watch it again without paying much attention to Joe and Goldie and I think you would score it the same as I did. TBH you could even make an argument that George won the 1st round.
I had Hendricks winning 1,2,4. Hendricks took off round 5 which seems to get punished harshly in the UFC (see Masvidal vs Iaquinta). GSP mostly with pitter patter stuff while Hendricks did more damage and was more aggressive. Round 1 elbows had GSP seeing stars.

Close fights are no robberies.

Pigrig should have given more than 70%

People get butt hurt when they disagree with judges decision, and scream robbery. It was a close fight and could have gone either way.

Close fights are no robberies.

Pigrig should have given more than 70%

People get butt hurt when they disagree with judges decision, and scream robbery. It was a close fight and could have gone either way.

I can't believe people are still talkinga bout this decision and STILL using the tired old "70%" thing. It's wild because he was blatantly talking about not going out there and gassing himself out in his first ever 5 round fight, against the five round king, and just throwing bombs. Yet people still like to pretend he said he gave 70% effort

it was a razor close fight, there are just a lot of haters who don't want to admit it.

Why does anyone care when Hendricks was on an insane amount of gear? St.Pierre in my opinion quit giving a shit when he pushed for credible testing and the UFC and Hendricks just blew him off. Would you continue working for an employer that allowed someone to cheat so they could smash your face??

Hendricks best round of the entire fight was round 2 wtf are you talking about?
The only round that is up for debate is round 1, which I scored for GSP giving it 48-47 GSP.
If it were Pride scoring it would be a different story.
No idea how anyone could score the 1st for GSP

They both got 1 takedown each but Hendricks had more control time, and landed the far more damaging strikes.

Just re watched UFC ultimate ultimate. Gracie beat Shamwow in a decision.

No idea how anyone could score the 1st for GSP

They both got 1 takedown each but Hendricks had more control time, and landed the far more damaging strikes.
Hendricks landed some good punches, GSP was landing more kicks, mainly head kicks. Strikes were about the same and GSPs shots seemed to be more impactful in that round.

I agree. I had GSP winning the fight. He landed more shots. Was very close but definitely not a robbery.

ZacITWt.png

If they didn't mean anything then why are people still debating about it 7 years later?
Media scores dictate lots of people lost close fights that the judges gave them the nod for...Is normal.

The most overblown "robbery" in MMA history is GSP vs Hendricks. It literally comes down to round 1, which any unbiased MMA fan should say could have gone either way.

Rogan's commentating was so biased during that fight, it was shameful.

I had GSP winning the 2nd round as I said he was better for most of the round.

GSP didn't win the second round by any measure. If you think Hendricks won the first as you state here, you fall squarely on the side of those who think Hendricks won.

GSP lost, IDGAF what delusional Sherdoggers or Incompetent judges have to say....I saw the fight, GSP lost.

Usada defeated Hendricks anyways. I was a huge fan initially and then reality set in

According to the rules, GSP won. 3 rounds to 2.

Problem is, he took a beating in the 2nd. More damage in that single round than Johnny took the entire fight. That's why people call it a robbery.

I remember being pretty surprised at the outcome, it didn't seem like George should have won, but... according to the rules, he did.

At least it's a creative take Sherbro. Round 1 is the debated/robbery round

Hendricks landed some good punches, GSP was landing more kicks, mainly head kicks. Strikes were about the same and GSPs shots seemed to be more impactful in that round.
Hendricks also landed nasty elbows against the cage when GSP was trying to take him down

They buckled GSP's legs and were the most noteworthy moment of the round

Back