Guacamole for $1 Extra

Add Guacamole $2.00
Add Sour Cream $0.50
Add Fresh Jalapenos $0.50

I have heard that the habit of restaurants charging extra for guacamole, whether it’s just a burrito shop, or a sit down restaurant that serves nachos or fajitas and the like, is a uniquely Canadian phenomenon. Is this true?

To my American Sherbros, if you ask for guacamole on your burrito at Chipotle (we don’t have Chipotlesin Canada) or ask for guacamole for your fajitas at Chilis (all of which I think went out of business in Canada last year) do you get charged an extra dollar for it?
Happens here in the UK too.

fun fact- alot of young australians are unable to afford houses because they prefer smashed avocados on toast..

Millionaire tells millennials: if you want a house, stop buying avocado toast
Australian real estate mogul Tim Gurner advised young people to solve their housing woes by putting their ‘$22 a pop’ toast toward a deposit instead

- https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...n-millionaire-millennials-avocado-toast-house

why don't they just get a property with an avacado tree? We have 2 avacado trees, one hess avacados and one choquette. The have different seasons and each produces like at least like an endless supply that is becomes a burden to use them and not feel bad about wasting food that people pay top dollar for in other areas.

The burrito shop near my office, a local chain called boloco, doesn't charge for guacamole, a large burrito and chips is about 10 dollars. There's a better local chain called Ana's that does charge for guacamole, and a burrito on a 12 tortilla is up around 12 dollars. The quality of ingredients is noticeably better, though it varies by location.

why don't they just get a property with an avacado tree? We have 2 avacado trees, one hess avacados and one choquette. The have different seasons and each produces like at least like an endless supply that is becomes a burden to use them and not feel bad about wasting food that people pay top dollar for in other areas.

Please tell me that’s satire.

Im in SoCal where the people are no strangers to avocados/guacamole. At a place like Subway or my local sandwich shop it is extra unless the specific sandwich includes it. At a restaurant like Claim Jumper or Olive Garden, there may be sandwiches or burgers that specifically come with avocado and others where it's extra. At taco shops, things like carne asada tacos, carne asada plates, and carne asada fries, generally avocado is included. Other items it might be an extra. At taco shops there is also a distinction between American guacamole which is cut with sour cream and Mexican guacamole which is the pure uncut stuff. Only one way to go obviously.

Always go with the uncut shit. Unless u talking about cocaine.. hhhhmmmm. I loooooveee cut cocaine...

Wait wat?

Please tell me that’s satire.

Satire? I have the same problem with mangoes, bananas, miracle fruit, lychees, key limes, green lemons. My papaya tree died tho during Irma. That was my second favorite tree (behind the miracle fruit tree), damn. Miss the digestive enzymes in the papaya :(

One of the best feelings is to pour a shot of tequila, then go out on your front porch and squeeze a fresh green lemon into it. Is it 4'oclock yet? hmph

Satire? I have the same problem with mangoes, bananas, miracle fruit, lychees, key limes, green lemons. My papaya tree died tho during Irma. That was my second favorite tree (behind the miracle fruit tree), damn. Miss the digestive enzymes in the papaya :(

One of the best feelings is to pour a shot of tequila, then go out on your front porch and squeeze a fresh green lemon into it. Is it 4'oclock yet? hmph

I mean the part about poor young Australians blowing all their money on avocado toast.

I mean the part about poor young Australians blowing all their money on avocado toast.

oh, nah man. You should see the frenzy that young Aussie's go into when they see avocados at the super market. It is like crack for them

Us true avocado aficionados affectionately call them " 'cado fiends". Millennials and how they buy into the stupidest marketing gimmicks. "oh hey, lets eat a bunch of fat and carbs for breakfast and call it healthy, and then go to our sit-down-all-day jobs". No wonder Australia has such an obesity crisis, second only to America.

best tacos i ever had were sold from the trunk of my fellow employees wifes dodge neon. job site tacos are the bomb

bOKj18l.jpg

It's paid for, nimrod

Are you kidding? This is what you said:

I buy my avocados from countdown but i go to the self-checkout and select them as agria potatos. Its way cheaper to do it that way.

You literally said you are passing off avocados as agria potatoes so you don’t have to pay as much. That’s theft. It doesn’t matter if you paid some money for them if you’re not paying the full price for them. That is theft. You are ripping the grocery store off a few dollars of revenue in the hopes no one notices that you’re actually buying avocados and not potatoes. It’s the equivalent of trying pass a blu ray off as a DVD by swapping their price stickers before going to the check out.

You are ripping the grocery store off a few dollars of revenue in the hopes no one notices that you’re actually buying avocados and not potatoes. It’s the equivalent of trying pass a blu ray off as a DVD by swapping their price stickers before going to the check out.

Victimless crime.

Back