News Guaranteed purses and bonuses for UFC 298, as filed with the CSAC (via LA Times)

Costa did well. His last fight was vs Rockhold his show money was 65k. Now it's 250k. I guess sitting out and arguing over contracts worked. He did have 100k as show money the fight before that vs Vettori though (before weight miss fine)

Roman Kopylov on that 80/80 deal and Marcos Rogerio de Lima on that 100/100 good for them. Meanwhile Merab and Cejudo should be making way more…goes to show some fighters are severely underpaid while some are severely overpaid
Manlets are paid 70 cents for every dollar normal sized humans earn, equal pay for manlets and dwarfs!

Mackenzie Dern making more than Henry whose only getting 150k is crazy

Yeah that's pretty crazy. Henry ex double champ status worth nothing. He really shot himself in the foot by leaving when he could have cashed out big time.

I mean, its pretty equitable. Marcos lima who is a 38 year old journeyman, has the chance to make 200k on a prelim fight. He has been with the UFC for almost 10 years.

The fighters who stay the longest with the promotion usually get paid more.

Its a company that values the longevity & loyalty of their employees for the most part. At least in terms of pay.

Could they pay their stars more? Fuck Yes.

But at the same time you've got some absolute no names making top dollar which would never happen in boxing.

Last edited:
Still need a fighters union. If for nothing else just to see Dana's reaction him at the announcement of the first press conference.

Volk is one of the greatest champions ever in his prime and he's only getting 750k? Even mid level boxers make millions fighting nobodies.
who are these mid level boxers? i’m just curious who you have in mind. every time i see these million dollars purses, it seems like it’s a champion, or more importantly, a huge star. i don’t follow boxing super closely, but i looked up some big names in line to challenge for ibf’s title and came across filip hrgovic. (apparently hrgovic was already an ibf champ of some sort, per his wiki page, but can’t find verification). well, he got £250k for his last fight. it’s probably a stretch to call hrgovic “mid level,” seeing as he’s next in line for the belt. but volk is making more than twice as much as him.

edit: dang, this chick who is a current ibf champ, and ranked at #3 p4p in her weight class, got $25k in her last fight.

Last edited:
How many games do they play a season? Compared to how many times a fighter had to fight?
And collectively how many minutes are they on the field and actually playing if you are gonna use this dumb argument. They aren’t on the field the whole game.

They show up once a week and do nothing the rest of the time, I think we should cut their salaries to minimum wage

who are these mid level boxers? i’m just curious who you have in mind. every time i see these million dollars purses, it seems like it’s a champion, or more importantly, a huge star. i don’t follow boxing super closely, but i looked up some big names in line to challenge for ibf’s title and came across filip hrgovic. (apparently hrgovic was already an ibf champ of some sort, per his wiki page, but can’t find verification). well, he got £250k for his last fight. it’s probably a stretch to call hrgovic “mid level,” seeing as he’s next in line for the belt. but volk is making more than twice as much as him.
Just posting random articles that look like they are made with a bot, did you read the article btw? “Official details regarding to both boxers earnings not confirmed yet.”

Just posting random articles that look like they are made with a bot, did you read the article btw? “Official details regarding to both boxers earnings not confirmed yet.”
of course i read it. are you saying it’s wrong? if so, how much was hrgovic’s purse for his last fight? and if the article is actually correct, what are you upset about? just felt like arguing?

of course i read it. are you saying it’s wrong? if so, how much was hrgovic’s purse for his last fight? and if the article is actually correct, what are you upset about? just felt like arguing?
Yes it’s a fake payout website

Back