Gym Idiots Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it or not swimmers are not training for a monster OHP nor is it required.

So maybe they shouldn't be allowed in land gyms?

Its not like you ever need endurance in some of the smallest muscles in the body when swimming, just have a 200lb 5RM ohp and make the water your bitch, right?

1. Your reading comprehension is as lacking as your knowledge of strength training, since you completely missed the final few lines of my post.

2. There is no excuse for a lack of training focus and planned progression.

3. There is very rarely a point in doing an exercise if you aren't trying to get better at it.

4. Being able to put more than 65 lbs. over head does not constitute having a "monster OHP"; it's a reasonable expectation for any decent male collegiate athlete. You're twisting my words.

Today I was messing around with Klokov presses and hit 145 pretty easily, but I then realized that I'm not training for a monster Klokov press to make the bench press my bitch, so I stopped immediately.

I must have been the gym idiot.

A strict behind-the-neck press with a snatch grip.

I have everyone warm up, on snatch days, with snatch grip squat press. Try that out. Sucks miles of dick.

What did you expect? Most people, whatever country they live in and no matter how cynical they may feel about it, don't like it when forgeiners insult their nation.:rolleyes:

The guy made a little joke. Very 'emotional' you yanks.

;)

My fellows.

Does this qualify as gym idiocy? Or is he manly because of the sheer amount of weight?

I submit the exhibit to your expert judgement.

There's a difference between scapular retraction and shoulder separation.

Idiot.

My fellows.

Does this qualify as gym idiocy? Or is he manly because of the sheer amount of weight?

He actually moves it pretty fast, and goes pretty low though.

My fellows.

How did he ever get strong enough to lift that with such bad form? He must have amazing luck to not have a ton of injuries.

Believe it or not swimmers are not training for a monster OHP nor is it required.

So maybe they shouldn't be allowed in land gyms?

Its not like you ever need endurance in some of the smallest muscles in the body when swimming, just have a 200lb 5RM ohp and make the water your bitch, right?

Strength is the basis of athletic ability. If you are a good athlete, you are stronger than a less-good athlete. If you want to be a better athlete, you get stronger. If you are already very strong, there is room in your training for the development of other aspects of performance. But there is a very high likelihood that you are not that strong, since most people are not. You may think you

Morons wearing belts is pretty god damn universal. You gotta be an idiot to not be able to search on the internet for 5 minutes to learn what a belt is for and how to use it properly.

Actually, I think I do. He must have watched this video.

LOL. I use to do pyrimids of 1-10 pullups with 10 pushups between each and then back down again. Would complete 110 pullups and 200 pushups. That was when I weighed 145 though. Wtf is that raise the roof shit? Why not incorporate some actual weight for it.

Strength is the basis of athletic ability. If you are a good athlete, you are stronger than a less-good athlete. If you want to be a better athlete, you get stronger. If you are already very strong, there is room in your training for the development of other aspects of performance. But there is a very high likelihood that you are not that strong, since most people are not. You may think you

Guy doing 1/4 squats with 20kg preloaded mini-barbell, in front of the regular 20kg Olympic bar, in the squat rack.

Then does something like windscreen wipers on his back with his legs in the air, while holding the 20kg preloaded mini-barbell like an outstretched bench, good reps, like 50, but terrible form.

Does another 50 or so reps of hang clean and press.

Then goes and lies on a hamstring curler machine throwing a medicine ball up and down letting it land on his chest before catching it, for reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back