International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war. Vol. II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard rumours that senior US Defence Department officials are trying to persuade the IDF to not invade Gaza. Because it will be very costly indeed, both in terms of IDF casualties, and the inevitable collateral damage of Palestinians, which could turn public opinion against Israel.
If Israel was going to invade Gaza they needed to do it right away (like a few days after if possible) they can't go in now it will just be a nightmare and a lose lose for Israel in every way. Doesn't do us any favors as that embolden Hezbollah and Iran even more likely leading to a war with Iran that could potentially ignite ww3 depending on China and how involved they would get. At best China would just do what we are with Ukraine and send arms an at worst they see an Attack on Iran as an attack on their oil supply n they get directly involved and Maybe Russia but they got their own issues right now.

Just a shit show in a different time I would think this would go a little while longer then fizzle out but right now Iran knows China has its back and they give no fucks. So who knows what happens. But if Israel wanted to invade they needed to do it 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately I think this is just the tip of the shit iceberg coming. I hope I'm wrong

Again, they needed an official reason to invade. That's where the WMD's come in. The public was already well on board with fucking up the entirety of Islam.

If somebody is controlling my water, food, and electricity, you know what I don't do? Rape and kill their friends and families. They'll probably cut that shit off and want to kill me, or something. Just because you're small, and are seemingly incapable of doing math, doesn't give you special privilege to not get fucked up by more powerful people you just attacked.

They made their bed, now they can lie in it. I must point out this wacky idea once again...why doesn't Hamas just surrender and end their pathetic resistance, that's gonna see them and a whole lot of their people get killed? Oh' wait, I forgot, Hamas isn't responsible for anything. It's all on Israel to end this. You know, 'cause that's what's expected of the military force who is winning a war. They have to make the compromises. Certainly not the people who are losing, and prolonging their suffering. Nope. It's all on Israel.

If they had public support they don’t need to fabricate any “official” reason to garner support they already had. There’s no law that says you need to find WMDs to invade somewhere. You’re making up shit about “official reasons” that don’t exist.

If someone is controlling your food and water and via their control a majority of the population is experiencing moderate to severe food insecurity, you’re going to fight back against said control because it clearly doesn’t work and not just accept watching your kids starve for generations. Lol at “why don’t they just starve peacefully?”

If Israel was going to invade Gaza they needed to do it right away (like a few days after if possible) they can't go in now it will just be a nightmare and a lose lose for Israel in every way. Doesn't do us any favors as that embolden Hezbollah and Iran even more likely leading to a war with Iran that could potentially ignite ww3 depending on China and how involved they would get. At best China would just do what we are with Ukraine and send arms an at worst they see an Attack on Iran as an attack on their oil supply n they get directly involved and Maybe Russia but they got their own issues right now.

Just a shit show in a different time I would think this would go a little while longer then fizzle out but right now Iran knows China has its back and they give no fucks. So who knows what happens. But if Israel wanted to invade they needed to do it 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately I think this is just the tip of the shit iceberg coming. I hope I'm wrong

I hope you're wrong too. But I suspect you're right.

This whole shit-show is developing a real, End of Days vibe...<Eek2.0>

they hesitated, now it's over, they need to hash out a deal and be over with it.

How many Hamas has Israel killed?

just saw a boy blown to bits , no legs. Couldn’t have been more than 8….

Israel can blow Gaza to hell but they don’t get to claim any moral difference between them and Hamas. They kill innocents.

See? Idiot.

If there was a massive war in Mexico would you support "unenforcing the US border until there is a settlement".

You are just another hypocrite idiot.

But the surrounding nations to Israel that have made it very clear through every way imaginable (including military actions) that Israel isn't welcome in the region...hold no blame whatsoever. They are peaceful, kind nations. And definitely haven't used the exact same tactics you bash Israel and the west for.:rolleyes:

lol of course not. Iran and Syria still remain pretty antiisrael.

Egypt and Israel seem ok. SA was normalising with them.

It's possible. Something is definitely brewing in the background. Either Israel has no good options where they don't take on heavy casualties, we (mostly Israel with our backing) aren't ready for a 3 front war, or we got something big but are waiting for the right time.

I think that not starting the ground invasion by now is a tell of sorts.

I hope you're wrong too. But I suspect you're right.

This whole shit-show is developing a real, End of Days vibe...<Eek2.0>

People have been DRAMATICALLY overestimating how much Iran cares about any of this shit and keep forgetting about the 2000 miles separating the two. Iran couldn't get directly involved even if they wanted. For one Iran is Shia and basically everyone else involved is Sunni. They don't give a shit.

No one is coming to save Gaza. No one cares. The only people that might care were firmly in the Israeli camp as well even before this.

Lot of fan fiction about China too.

China couldn't get involved if they wanted. They don't give a shit about Iran, Israel or even Russia. In fact, watching everyone blow their wad on this nonsense is more in China's interest and more likely something they would help engineer than actually participating in a conflict even as just a supplier. In Russia's case they're probably just supplying enough rope for Putin to hang himself for instance.

Supporting war crimes is not how you bring about peace, it’s how you breed more militants. Israel has already made life in gaza hell for civilians and it has only made shit worse and brought Hamas more power.

Don't agree with this statement. Don't really see Israel as having much choice in their behavior and I don't see it as war crimes to fight a war. That shits ugly and people die. Shouldn't have did what they did when they are reliant on Israel for power water and food and I don't think Israel should have to support their enemy during war in any way shape or form.

Israel exists in a constant state of survival with hostiles living around and amongst them. There isn't going to be peace as long as that's the situation. Hamas is going to have to unconditional surrender this time and until they do that I see no reasons why Israel shouldn't wage total war.

Israel isn't an Apartheid state its not based on racism its based on security. They oppress the Palestinians because when they let up they get attacked. That needs to stop and I don't find that likely without an actual super ugly war with a clear cut winner.

I'm baffled about how the world is reacting to Isreal's war against Gaza. They declared war for good reason--no other country wouldn't have done the same. Hamas are the leaders of Gaza, they were elected and still carry majority support from the people--they are not just a terrorist group, they are the government of Gaza.

A "ceasefire" is something that is entertained when there's a stalemate, or one side is proposing surrender (conditional or unconditional).... A side that is outright winning and not sustaining many casualties of their own shouldn't be expected to "ceasefire" when the opposition hasn't given them any reason to.

Compare this to the US war against Japan, they bombed pearl harbor--killing 2400 soldiers. We rightly declared war and bombed the crap out of Japan--killing nearly 1 million civilians, and we were willing to kill every last one of them before going in on foot. Japan had to surrender unconditionally to stop this. Why is this different?

How many Hamas has Israel killed?

just saw a boy blown to bits , no legs. Couldn’t have been more than 8….

Israel can blow Gaza to hell but they don’t get to claim any moral difference between them and Hamas. They kill innocents.
Israel isn't great, but there is a difference between collateral damage in a bombing campaign and Hamas.

Off the top of my head, Hamas:
  • took entire families hostage
  • mutilated people and murdered them in front of their families
  • butchered, shot and burned children alive deliberately
  • stopped to eat and drink in the kitchen between killings, while the family watched
  • broadcasted the murders via bodycams to enrage the public
  • called family members on the deceased's phones to taunt them
  • posted the murders on the victim's facebook page
  • took hostages into Gaza by the hundreds and posted videos of them rocking baby hostages in cribs to taunt the families
  • raped the women, paraded female corpses around the streets as trophies and people came up and spat on the corpses.
That's fucking worse than ISIS as far as depravity goes.

The only obvious solution that has yet to be tried is for the US to force behind the scenes Israel to act in good faith, but I dont think that is gonna happen

After what Hamas did? No way in hell that happens till they are removed. Maybe if the Egypt, Jordan and other Arab countries backed the removal of Hamas, and then helped implement Fatah to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back