Has Alex Surpassed Izzy's legacy?

Yes.

1. He beat prime Izzy
2. He went and won the 205 title which Izzy tried and didn't get done
3. He beat people that beat Izzy

Sorry, but 2 division champ > 1 division champ

Does Izzy have a better MW legacy and resume? Of course. But I'd rather win the title in multiple divisions any day of the week.

Hmm funny af alpha bro that is beloved by fans and fighters alike.....

Or cringy anime watching dork that molests his dog and has to constantly tell us what a superb martial artist he is....

Idk about legacy but Alex sure beats him in life.

Might not have as many title defenses but he's beat 5 ex champs and his run has been infinitely more entertaining

He did beat the guys who beat Adesanya, beat Adesanya himself and did things Adesanya couldn't do. The only thing Adesanya has over him is a consistent long reign. Alex just started

Izzy had defences but Poatans resume is more impressive. Beat Jan who wrecked Izzy.
Tooled Izzy and almost won the second fight before hail Mary KO
Won belt at lhw and defended it against former champs
KO former mw champ Strickland who wrecked Izzy
You really are an idiot, aren't you? Poatan was fast tracked to both tjtle shots. He didn't earn either of them.

His resume is thin compared to Izzy's, and you're a ridiculous person

Come back when Alex defends the belt 5 times.
If Alex manages to get at least as many total title wins, across 2 or even 3 weight classes, it would be hard to argue that Alex isn't above him.

Currently, Izzy has 7 total title wins - winning the belt, 5 defenses, re-winning the belt
Alex has 3 total title wins - winning the 185 belt, the 205 belt, and then a 205 defense

If Alex can get to even just 6 or 7 total title wins, across 2-3 weight classes, how can we not place him above Izzy?

i’d rather have poatan’s legacy than izzy’s. izzy has more defenses, but his mw reign is soiled by questionable / close decisions, and it is broken up with a loss at lhw, not to mention losses to poatan and strickland. meanwhile poatan got 2 belts, is up 3-1 over izzy, and is a respected fan favorite.

Yoel is an Olympic medalist in wrestling. Are you experiencing a stroke? Also Brunson was an NCAA D2 All American.

Wanna try again?
Mentioning Yoel's wrestling as if he actually wrestles in MMA is an incredibly wikiposter thing to do.
If Alex smashed Derek Brunson, you bet your ass they wouldn't be saying he finally fought a wrestler lmfao
Alex passed Izzy a long time ago overall in combat sports and it isn't even close. Right now all it is is cementing it in. Doesn't help that Izzy needs to take year long mental health breaks after a loss.

I don’t think so they are one a piece in MMA

I said good. He beat Romero, Whittaker twice, Vettori twice, Gastelum, and Brunson.
Not to start an argument, but did he need to stuff any takedowns with these guys? I can’t picture it. Maybe against Brunson?

Not to start an argument, but did he need to stuff any takedowns with these guys? I can’t picture it. Maybe against Brunson?

Posted this earlier. Probably more significant than his TDD is his ability to get up, except against Jan who was a lot bigger.

Avoiding takedown attempts against you is better than stuffing takedowns. If you're having to stuff takedowns all the time it's because you have bad positioning and can't control the void.

People seriously arguing in here that Izzy has the better legacy lol.

Hard to compare in MMA as Perreira has so few fights and started late. He's only really had 6 MMA fights against decent competition, from 2022-2024. Izzy has had 15 from 2018-2014.

Back