Has Europe surpassed Brazil as MMA 2nd best area?

I'd like to take it back to the vs days of the UFC and M1, have a Brazil vs Russia card. It'd be awesome

Isn't Shogun Italian or something?

Also he's half Swiss.
Is Shogun really half italian, didn't knew that. Thanks.
Im just fucking with you, yeah, he is half swiss and have a swiss citizenship. He himself consider himself more of a swissman (at least i heard so). If he is also Born in swiss, well then yes, he is european.

Paulo Costa, Renato Moicano, Thiago Santos.
But Renato and Thiago aren't really prospects anymore.

But yeah, not as much as there used to be. UFC hasn't been signing lots of Brazilians lately.
Moicano is a good one. I didn't think of him. So is Costa.

Thiago Santos isn't really a prosect IMO, he's been around a while.

Europe has a bigger ceiling as a market cumulatively, but they still have to tap into many of the bigger ones, particularly Russia.

Europe is a continent and has about 500 million more people than Brazil...and still has about the same number of top 100 fighters.

So no, Brazil>Europe
Sweden has a population of 10 million and has 2 top fighters at lhw. If we would have the same population as the US 300 mil we would have 30+ top lhw lol. Sweden > USA , Brazil

Sweden has a population of 10 million and has 2 top fighters at lhw. If we would have the same population as the US 300 mil we would have 30+ top lhw lol. Sweden > USA , Brazil
Imagine the Neatherlands!!!

Thinly veiled racist thread.

I really think Eurpoe > South America as we speak now. MMA has evolved a lot in Europe, especially in Russia.

I would even say Russia > Brazil now (in MMA in general, not only UFC).

Americans gona american. I'm bad at geo but them boys are on another level

To be fair he was probably just thinking of succesful combat sports countries outside the US. It was funny to read though.

I really think Eurpoe > South America as we speak now. MMA has evolved a lot in Europe, especially in Russia.

I would even say Russia > Brazil now (in MMA in general, not only UFC).

Yeah, can't forget Chevchenko either who should be the 135 champ and will be the 125 champ.

Brazil's greats are all washed up bums now. I'm fact most of them live in murrica .

Well isn't that the main reason for many of the Brazilians to fight professionally and become rich?

To be able to leave Brazil and maybe live in USA instead?

Back