Has Europe surpassed Brazil as MMA 2nd best area?

My guess is that if you went out and bought every European-published atlas, 100% of them would have European Russia in Europe.

Not sure about that, it´s kind of a weird thing. Russia is both European and Asian and neither of them at the same time.

https://www.sporcle.com/blog/2017/10/is-russia-part-of-europe-or-asia/

The reason why I said Russians are not seen as Europeans is that their leader is obviously trying to create distance to anything western (at the same time western country's are doing the same thing to Russia).

Not sure its fair conflating all of Europe then comparing it to one country. I mean, if you wanna compare South America to Europe then Europe wins because Brazil is the only country there really churning out high level MMA fighters in any numbers.

I would say Russia is matching or surpassing Brazil these days though.

Not sure about that, it´s kind of a weird thing. Russia is both European and Asian and neither of them at the same time.

https://www.sporcle.com/blog/2017/10/is-russia-part-of-europe-or-asia/

The reason why I said Russians are not seen as Europeans is that their leader is obviously trying to create distance to anything western (at the same time western country's are doing the same thing to Russia).

It is both Europe and Asia at the same time, quite clearly divided by mountain ranges. It's not more complicated than that and it's not a political or cultural question.

None of those are anything in the dimension of top prospects though (almost of them have already lost in their short UFC careers), unless you want to be very generous about Ramos (I thought the elbow looked flukey).
I wouldn't call Cowboy O a prospect at all.

The two that were previously named Costa and Moicano were great picks though.

Shoeface has looked excellent lately.

Unfair comparison.

Still, Brazil does have the advantage of MMA (and disciplines that are part of it) having been around on every corner for way longer than good training in pretty much every European country.

While not on the level of elite prospect Erick Silva, there are still some pretty damn good Brazilian prospects like Paulo Costa, Antonio Carlos Jr, Alexander Pantoja, and Ricardo Ramos.

are ricardo ramos and thomas almeida the same person

A prospect that has more potential than Erick Silva? You're joking, right?

Maybe, Europeans have definitely been on a role in combat sports in general. Look at boxing, they're killing it over there too (Vasyl Lomanchenko, Tyson Fury, GGG etc.).

Kazakhstan is central Asia for fucks sake. Do you even geography, Sherdog??

Europe is a continent and has about 500 million more people than Brazil...and still has about the same number of top 100 fighters.

So no, Brazil>Europe

European countries are so uncompetitive they have to group themselves together as on in order to remain relevant in these rankings, their gigantic egos wouldn't be able to take it otherwise <45>

Back