Has Hollywood ever remade a sh!tty movie into a good one?

giphy.gif

SVvpPWb.gif

Dawn of the Dead (2004) is way better than the original.

I wasn't too big on the original Last House on the Left but I liked the remake quite a bit.

And Tarantino has spent most of the last ten years essentially remaking shitty movies.

And the original "The Fly" wasn't "shit" but Cronenberg's 1986 version absolutely puts it to shame.

The newest FF4 movie is better than the 80s version and the alba version.

I don’t know. But there have been some great remakes. John Carpenter’s The Thing was a remake. I never saw the original. I just saw the new Murder on the Orient Express and it was great. But again, I never saw the original. Same with True Grit.

So if any of those originals sucked, then yes it has happened.

Not sure how literal you want to get with remake, but Nolan's Batman films were better than previous incarnations.

I don’t know. But there have been some great remakes. John Carpenter’s The Thing was a remake. I never saw the original. I just saw the new Murder on the Orient Express and it was great. But again, I never saw the original. Same with True Grit.

So if any of those originals sucked, then yes it has happened.

None of those originals suck. True Grit (1969) won an Oscar but the 2010 version still slaps it silly.

None of those originals suck. True Grit (1969) won an Oscar but the 2010 version still slaps it silly.

Yeah, I loved it. At first I was like “Matt Damon?” But he was pretty awesome in it. Jeff Bridges was amazing as usual. I was just shocked at how much I liked it.

Yeah, I loved it. At first I was like “Matt Damon?” But he was pretty awesome in it. Jeff Bridges was amazing as usual. I was just shocked at how much I liked it.

Everyone was fantastic. Matt Damon was at the top of his game. If you watch the original, you'll really see how much more the 2010 cast put on all of their lines and into their characters.

Everyone was fantastic. Matt Damon was at the top of his game. If you watch the original, you'll really see how much more the 2010 cast put on all of their lines and into their characters.

I’ll probably never watch it. I can’t stand John Wayne.

I'm optimistic about the upcoming Dune movies.

The new Planet of the Apes trilogy (underrated imo) was better than the original franchise. Only the first Planet of the Apes was good from the original while all 3 new planet of the apes were decent.

>>>>>>>

as far as that scene goes, imo

This is just painful when you think about the scene from 2010. As I said in another thread, Robert Duvall's performance holds up, but every other aspect of the movie falls well short of the remake.

Bridges is so much more genuine and the 2010 version of the animal guy is also more genuine and funny. It's a first round KO win by 2010 for me when I look at these two scenes.

I will admit that there is some benefit to going second, however, especially if the acting in the first version left some room for improvement.

Last edited:
Back