Has there ever been a more pampered fighter in all of combat sports than...

Don’t be bitching
Conor bless
View attachment 598941 View attachment 598943 View attachment 598945 View attachment 598947 View attachment 598949 View attachment 598951
Conor bless

conor-mcgregor-cage-warriors-double-champ.gif

Get in trigger Sherdoggers get out
conor-mcgregor-middle-finger-to-dennis-siver.gif

UFC- "As real as never defending a belt"

Show me one combat sports superstar that can’t come in and out as they wish??

UFC- "As real as it gets as long as matchmakers can set up the most advantageous matchups while protecting a fighter from any disadvantageous matchup; like wrestlers."
It’s not like he fought chad Mendes. Everyone has advantageous matchups in hindsight after they win.....

Coddled by having had 7/11 UFC fights against top 5 opponents??? Meanwhile guys like Khabib's only had 3/11 and Tony's only had 2/16???

{<huh}

TS...if you owned a car lot... and one of your main salesman made 50% of your business, and all the other salesman combined made 10%.

..... you bet your ass you're showing your main salesman special treatment.

if you say no, youre a liar

Ali was kinda influenced by "Gorgeous" George Wagner. Conor straight up stole Ali and Floyds whole personas
No "kinda" about it. Ali admitted he was an inspiration to him and even lifted promos from him. That spread through boxing, down to Mayweather, and across to McGregor. But anyway, I'm not saying McGregor is original. Not sure why you're stuck on this.

Pampered? He took a easy yet risky fight against Siver to stay active befor his title shot.

He filled in last minute against Diaz and gave all his haters a much wanted loss.
Rematched at 170 instead of running to 155. Both great fights that brought new eyes to the sport.

Predicted, hyped & earned by trolling his way to a Mayweather fight & MMA/Boxing promotion nobody ever thought would happen.

Defended against the #1 LW worst match up for him when he didn't have to even return 100+ mill.

He was also respected as one of the most active fighters before he became double champ. Pampered my ass.
He didn't "Fill in last minute against Diaz" Diaz filled in last minute against him and was chosen over several other guys who had actually been training for a fight because he had been partying in Cabo and not preparing for a fight.

Just like Mendez was chosen over Frankie when he was out filming a hunting show and Frankie was training to be ready in the event someone pulled out.

Conor also demanded the first fight be at 170 and when he lost made sure the rematch was also at 170 so it would jeopardize his title shot at LW.

Conor shows up when he has everything to gain but nothing on the line, hence his never ones defending a title and being stripped of both of them.

He didn't "Fill in last minute against Diaz" Diaz filled in last minute against him and was chosen over several other guys who had actually been training for a fight because he had been partying in Cabo and not preparing for a fight.

Just like Mendez was chosen over Frankie when he was out filming a hunting show and Frankie was training to be ready in the event someone pulled out.

Conor also demanded the first fight be at 170 and when he lost made sure the rematch was also at 170 so it would jeopardize his title shot at LW.

Conor shows up when he has everything to gain but nothing on the line, hence his never ones defending a title and being stripped of both of them.
Who ever said he fought Diaz because Diaz was not prepping for a fight?

I fully believe Conor can beat Mendes on a two week camp.
Except Mendes training partner said he had a 5 week camp because he thought he might get the fight much earlier.

Coddled by having had 7/11 UFC fights against top 5 opponents??? Meanwhile guys like Khabib's only had 3/11 and Tony's only had 2/16???

{<huh}
That kind of coddled!

He's a unique specimen at the right time.
5 foot 9 in an era of 5 foot 5 bloated internet and midcarders puffing their chests out. A striker in an era of wrestlers.
1414003919conor3.gif

Irish but unlike The Coors or Bono or Sheamus or Rory McIlroy or that fellow Mike Tyson fought.

How is he protected? The guy has fought Jacobs and GGG twice in his last three fights

He's been protected by judges his entire career, and that's precisely why he's 52-1-2, rather than 51-3-1.

He also purposefully dragged out fighting Golovkin as long as possible, making sure he was as old and slow as possible. Coming up with shit like he wasn't ready to fight a middleweight, needed more time, then fought Chavez Jr at 164, and suddenly agreed to fight GGG after he looked beatable Vs Jacobs.

He's an amazing fighter, but like Floyd he has been carefully managed and protected.

And speaking of Floyd, he is the most pampered for sure. Always made sure everything was in his favour, and basically never stepped out of his backyard. Hasn't fought outside Vegas since 2005.

Almost no boxer is a "fight anyone anywhere" type these days, like a Robinson or Duran, but Floyd and Canelo have been way more pampered than most.

Dude fights Mendes on short notice, Aldo, moves up and beats 155 champ.
Had deals to fight RDJ. Eventually comes back and fights Khabib.

Say what you will about his character and the like, but he's a good fighter. It's that simple.

I don't like a lot of great fighters character or antics. But I'm not blinded by hatred so I can easily affirm their quality in the cage. I'll never understand folks thinking these fighters are bad, lol.
See:
They weren't necessarily "easy" opponents, but anyone who believes that the UFC didn't protect McGregor through the matchmaking with stylistically safe matchups is in denial.

April and August, 2013
#31 Marcus Brimage - Striker
#70 Max Holloway - Striker (injured, short notice)

July and September, 2014
#32 Diego Brandão - Striker/BJJ
#10 Dustin Poirier - Striker/BJJ

*At this point McGregor was expected to face the winner of Aldo/Mendes, but he chose to remain active instead.

January and July, 2015
#19 Dennis Siver - Striker
#4 Chad Mendes - Wrestler (injured, short notice)

You can examine it a step further and look at how the wrestlers were purposely tied up:

November 2014
#2 Frankie Edgar (wrestler) was booked against #4 Cub Swanson
#6 Ricardo Lamas (wrestler) was booked against #8 Dennis Bermudez (wrestler).

April 2015
#5 Ricardo Lamas (wrestler) was booked against #4 Chad Mendes (wrestler).

May 2015
#2 Frankie Edgar (wrestler) was booked against #4-BW Urijah Faber (wrestler).

If Aldo hadn't gotten injured, it was the UFC's plan to grant McGregor a title shot after having fought only one top ten opponent (who wasn't a wrestler); and during his feud with Diaz the UFC continued tying up his bad matchups at Featherweight until they eventually killed themselves off, which gave McGregor an out to not fighting them.

Additionally, they gifted him a Lightweight title shot in spite of them having been cold on the idea when other champions asked for the same opportunity (Aldo, RDA, etc.). He then goes 1-1 against #7 Nate Diaz (non-wrestler) and receives yet another shot at the Lightweight title, in spite of an undefeated contender being promised it (Nurmagomedov).

The thing is, I don't think McGregor would have turned down those fights at Featherweight, and in all likelihood he would've won, but to pretend like the UFC wasn't protecting McGregor is absurd.

Conor based his whole persona off Floyd and Ali. I don't know why its always gotta be the WWE when its closer to Boxing stars

Basically Floyd tbh, I mean even using some of his same catchphrases, it was absurd.

The whole obnoxious money persona was just cloned from Floyd.

Except Mendes training partner said he had a 5 week camp because he thought he might get the fight much earlier.
Make whatever excuse you want. When Conor is tested, he falls short. He is a quitter, and a one dimensional gatekeeper. Promotion is his only saving grace.

Who ever said he fought Diaz because Diaz was not prepping for a fight?
I did.

Diaz was the only proposed opponent that hasn't been training just in case the opportunity presented itself, just like Chad who was working on a TV being picked over Frankie who had been in camp at the time.

The trend is pretty easy to spot but obviously nobody from the UFC or Conor's team is going to come out and say it, lol, why would they?

TS...if you owned a car lot... and one of your main salesman made 50% of your business, and all the other salesman combined made 10%.

..... you bet your ass you're showing your main salesman special treatment.

if you say no, youre a liar
Comparing a sport that should be run through meritocracy to a used car lot/salesman? Hmmmm yea, I'll let you think about that one a little longer.

Back