Has there ever been a more pampered fighter in all of combat sports than...

Because his fans have no critical thinking

Ronda Rousey. Though she was far more of a company girl than Conor.

Comparing a sport that should be run through meritocracy to a used car lot/salesman? Hmmmm yea, I'll let you think about that one a little longer.
should be, but isn't. the dollar rules over merit.
Why do you think Fergie will never get a title shot?

Manny was FAR more pampered then Floyd in his prime when he had the power, and its not even close. Floyd would give away far more to his opponents then Manny/Roach would.

How though? That's simply not remotely true, it's the opposite. I'm a huge fan of both guys, but Floyd was the one who was more pampered by far. Pacquiao basically fought whoever was put in front him, even moving up at the drop of a hat to fight Oscar who was much bigger, and even Margarito - who as much of a cheating cunt as he was, was fucking huge, much, much bigger than former flyweight Pacquiao. Tough as nails too.

Pacquiao fought Ledwaba on 2 weeks notice, battered him, then moved up to 126 and fought Barerra in his first fight at the weight, moved up again and fought Morales in his first fight at 130. Then later moved up to 135 for one fight, then of course fought Oscar and Hatton back to back and went on a tear at welterweight.

Floyd was far more careful in his opponent selection, especially post Castillo. Avoided Margarito, Cotto, Mosley in their primes, and avoided Pacquao for literally half a decade too, coming up with a variety of excuses and demanding drug testing.

The only knock on Pacquiao is a couple of catchweights, but tbh for a guy who is 5'5 and started his career at 106 pounds, I'd say that's fair enough. And don't forget Floyd Vs Canelo was a catchweight too.

Floyd was far more instrumental and diva-ish in dictating terms - location, gloves, officials etc. The name Kenny Bayliss ring a bell? No surprise he was the selected ref for most of the dangerous opponents Floyd fought.

So again, how on earth was Pacquiao more pampered?

CDIRw1UW0AERfrY.jpg

CDI4jsqW8AENYap.jpg

DHSULGkVoAAVvNJ.jpg

CNbeDg3WEAEjQa3.jpg

... Conor McGregor? Because I'm struggling to come up another that has been coddled, pampered, and accommodated as much as he has.no

Not only by Dana white but the whole sport bends backwards for him. He can jump in and out from the sport as he pleases, and chooses his own fights basically. He is the definition of Special treatment.
Ik early in his career he was was supposed to fight easy guys. however he beat 2 credible champs. thats it my dude.

The correct answer here is Brock and it's not even close. What they did during the whole ufc 200 thing is some of the shadiest shit in sports history.

How is he protected? The guy has fought Jacobs and GGG twice in his last three fights

He's not protected but he might be one of the more favored fighters by judges in boxing. One of the judges in the Mayweather fight scored it a draw, and I thought Canelo lost the first GGG fight and the second fight should have been a draw.

Jon Jones.

They literally gave him a license to cheat.

He's not protected but he might be one of the more favored fighters by judges in boxing. One of the judges in the Mayweather fight scored it a draw, and I thought Canelo lost the first GGG fight and the second fight should have been a draw.

He is definitely favored by the judges.

Jon Jones.

They literally gave him a license to cheat.

He had his belt stripped and been suspended multiple times. He has got off easier then he should have, but don't fucking lie and pretend like he has not been punished

You sound new to this.

Conor earned everything up to the Aldo fight. He rightfully earned a shot at the belt. And after KOing Aldo, a highly popular fighter was now the biggest star in the sport. Nothing about Conor's run to that point was pampered.

Even after that, Conor kept up his body of work, he just got more control over the cash and the opportunities given to him because he was an unprecedented mega star in MMA. And it's as much the UFC's fault as it is Conor's.

Frankly, his mega over the top bullshit didn't kick in until post-Mayweather.

A lot of boxers in the past had power like that

Most recent example being Floyd. No current boxer really has that
Yep, the way boxers used to be pampered would make McGreggor blush

Conor earned his special treatment....

How though? That's simply not remotely true, it's the opposite. I'm a huge fan of both guys, but Floyd was the one who was more pampered by far. Pacquiao basically fought whoever was put in front him, even moving up at the drop of a hat to fight Oscar who was much bigger, and even Margarito - who as much of a cheating cunt as he was, was fucking huge, much, much bigger than former flyweight Pacquiao. Tough as nails too.

Pacquiao fought Ledwaba on 2 weeks notice, battered him, then moved up to 126 and fought Barerra in his first fight at the weight, moved up again and fought Morales in his first fight at 130. Then later moved up to 135 for one fight, then of course fought Oscar and Hatton back to back and went on a tear at welterweight.

Floyd was far more careful in his opponent selection, especially post Castillo. Avoided Margarito, Cotto, Mosley in their primes, and avoided Pacquao for literally half a decade too, coming up with a variety of excuses and demanding drug testing.

The only knock on Pacquiao is a couple of catchweights, but tbh for a guy who is 5'5 and started his career at 106 pounds, I'd say that's fair enough. And don't forget Floyd Vs Canelo was a catchweight too.

Floyd was far more instrumental and diva-ish in dictating terms - location, gloves, officials etc. The name Kenny Bayliss ring a bell? No surprise he was the selected ref for most of the dangerous opponents Floyd fought.

So again, how on earth was Pacquiao more pampered?

CDIRw1UW0AERfrY.jpg

CDI4jsqW8AENYap.jpg

DHSULGkVoAAVvNJ.jpg

CNbeDg3WEAEjQa3.jpg

Manny fought a weight drained Oscar, Floyd fought at 154LB. Floyd fought a Cotto at his best weight coming off 3 straight impressive wins and one of the biggest of his career, Manny fought Cotto weight drained (again) coming off a terrible performance and a beating. Floyd fought Hatton when he was undefeated and one of the top ranked P4P boxers in the world, Manny fought him when Roach said he was a completely different fighter and past it. Manny (well Roach and Arum) is as bad as anyone when it comes to picking the right time to fight someone and. Mosley was #3 ranked P4P in the world when Floyd fought him BTW.

Ducked fucking Margarito? Besides Margarito never being in a position for that fight, Margarito is not even that good. You are reaching when you say he ducked fucking Margarito. Whats next? He ducked Winky and GGG?

There is no point arguing with a Floyd hater/Manny fan. Only Floyd could be so hated that Manny not wanting to do a simple drug test makes Floyd the one ducking haha. Hey, remember when Manny's camp said they would do the blood test as long as there was a cut off (14 days?) before the fight? Then Floyd agreed and Manny changed his mind lol. Truth is the fight would happened a long time ago if MANNY just agreed to a simple drug test. Floyd agreed to EVERY one of Manny's stipulations in the first negotiations. Manny ducked the fight

Manny fought a weight drained Oscar, Floyd fought at 154LB. Floyd fought a Cotto at his best weight coming off 3 straight impressive wins and one of the biggest of his career, Manny fought Cotto weight drained (again) coming off a terrible performance and a beating. Floyd fought Hatton when he was undefeated and one of the top ranked P4P boxers in the world, Manny fought him when Roach said he was a completely different fighter and past it. Manny (well Roach and Arum) is as bad as anyone when it comes to picking the right time to fight someone and. Mosley was #3 ranked P4P in the world when Floyd fought him BTW.

Ducked fucking Margarito? Besides Margarito never being in a position for that fight, Margarito is not even that good. You are reaching when you say he ducked fucking Margarito. Whats next? He ducked Winky and GGG?

There is no point arguing with a Floyd hater/Manny fan. Only Floyd could be so hated that Manny not wanting to do a simple drug test makes Floyd the one ducking haha. Hey, remember when Manny's camp said they would do the blood test as long as there was a cut off (14 days?) before the fight? Then Floyd agreed and Manny changed his mind lol. Truth is the fight would happened a long time ago if MANNY just agreed to a simple drug test. Floyd agreed to EVERY one of Manny's stipulations in the first negotiations. Manny ducked the fight

Arguing with a Floyd hater/Manny fan? Lol, it’s quite the opposite. I’ve been a Floyd fan since 130, long before he was a star. It was obvious he was the best fighter in the world even when he was slapping around the likes of Manfredy.

I’m a huge fan of both guys, they are the 2 best fighters of the generation.

And as such, I am objective. On the other hand it’s clear that you’re not remotely objective, and are a Pacquiao hater.

Citing the Oscar fight as evidence of Pacquaio being pampered? Are you actually being serious or trolling? If serious, it goes to show quite how absurdly clueless and off base you are, or just biased to the point of delusion.

Yeah Oscar was weight drained, but that had nothing to do with Pacquiao. The fight was HBO’s idea, as was the weight of 147, which was seen as meeting in the middle, though obviously closer to Oscar.

And Pacquiao was the underog ffs. A lot of people thought it was a stupid fight, that Oscar was just too big, a bit like when Mikey moved up to fight the much bigger Spence.

And Mosley being ranked #3 p4p? Lol. By who, his family? No real boxing fans had Shane anywhere near that high at that point in his career. Since getting a gift over Oscar in the rematch he beat a completely shot Vargas twice, and Margarito who by your own admission is shit, and got beaten by Cotto. #3 p4p hahahaha. And please, please don’t say Ring magazine.

And yes I know full well that Margarito without his cement handwraps sucks and Floyd would have won almost as easily as Pacquiao did, that’s neither here nor there. The point is Floyd did avoid him, and Floyd did far more cherry picking at 135+ than Pacquaio did. Like I said, the only marks against Pacquaio are 2 catchweights, which for a guy who started his career at 106 pounds and ended up slapping welters around like red headed step children, is forgivable.

Back