Has there ever been a more pampered fighter in all of combat sports than...

Make whatever excuse you want. When Conor is tested, he falls short. He is a quitter, and a one dimensional gatekeeper. Promotion is his only saving grace.
Lol. Conor has beaten some pretty good fighters. Some great fighters. So it’s pretty stupid to call him a gatekeeper because he lost one in a row.

He didn't "Fill in last minute against Diaz" Diaz filled in last minute against him and was chosen over several other guys who had actually been training for a fight because he had been partying in Cabo and not preparing for a fight.

Just like Mendez was chosen over Frankie when he was out filming a hunting show and Frankie was training to be ready in the event someone pulled out.

Conor also demanded the first fight be at 170 and when he lost made sure the rematch was also at 170 so it would jeopardize his title shot at LW.

Conor shows up when he has everything to gain but nothing on the line, hence his never ones defending a title and being stripped of both of them.
Bang, spot on. You basically dismantled his weak selective memory argument lol well done.

... Conor McGregor? Because I'm struggling to come up another that has been coddled, pampered, and accommodated as much as he has.no

Not only by Dana white but the whole sport bends backwards for him. He can jump in and out from the sport as he pleases, and chooses his own fights basically. He is the definition of Special treatment.
Don’t like the dude and don’t like the special treatment either
BUT
If he was working for my business making me the kind of money he made to WME I would treat him well too.
Maybe not at the cost of the little credibility i still had left out there but ...yeah he would get some “goodies” from me.

I did.

Diaz was the only proposed opponent that hasn't been training just in case the opportunity presented itself, just like Chad who was working on a TV being picked over Frankie who had been in camp at the time.

The trend is pretty easy to spot but obviously nobody from the UFC or Conor's team is going to come out and say it, lol, why would they?
The other trend is that they are marketable opponents and he actually took a last minute replacement. Again, chad ended up with a 5 week camp according to his training partner.

The other trend is that they are marketable opponents and he actually took a last minute replacement. Again, chad ended up with a 5 week camp according to his training partner.
That's the first I've heard of that, it was always reported he was out in the woods when he got the call. Link?

You mean Nate "He doesn't move the needle" Diaz and Chad " Not a bigger draw then Frankie" Mendez?

His press conferences get more views than khabib vs anyone not named Conor

... Conor McGregor? Because I'm struggling to come up another that has been coddled, pampered, and accommodated as much as he has.no

Not only by Dana white but the whole sport bends backwards for him. He can jump in and out from the sport as he pleases, and chooses his own fights basically. He is the definition of Special treatment.

let's not forget how gently you cup his balls

Lol. Conor has beaten some pretty good fighters. Some great fighters. So it’s pretty stupid to call him a gatekeeper because he lost one in a row.
Explain to me how his resume is better or even close in magnitude to gatekeeper Cowboy Cerrone's?

Answer, it is not. Stop being drunk on promotion and propaganda. Ya fucking fool.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/buch...ng-mendes-hasnt-see-before-exclusive-189-ufc/

2 weeks before the fight.

And fact is he took 2 tough fights with short notice.
I never said he didn't but it's also a fact he picked the lesser prepared or completely unprepared option each time.

That interview as rather confusing but I interpret it as them saying he had a 2 week camp.

"We started training 100% as soon as the UFC told us we had the fight for sure."

That was 3 weeks out and guys don't do serious training during fight week which makes it a 2 week camp.

He says they knew it was a possibility 2 weeks before that but doesn't really say anything about Chad being in camp that early.

He's also trying to hype his fighter so should be taken with a bit of a grain of salt.

Chads performance compared to his performance in Aldo 2 when we know he had a full camp and was hurt to the point of nearly being finished twice in the first yet came back to go 4 more hard rounds would suggest to me he certainly wasn't "at 100" heading into the Conor fight.

Regardless though, thanks for providing the link.
Cheers.

Explain to me how his resume is better or even close in magnitude to gatekeeper Cowboy Cerrone's?

Answer, it is not. Stop being drunk on promotion and propaganda. Ya fucking fool.
Well his record is better and he beat better fighters and won a couple belts?

It’s Conor, I don’t remember Dana drinking with anyone else during a press conference.

Basically Floyd tbh, I mean even using some of his same catchphrases, it was absurd.

The whole obnoxious money persona was just cloned from Floyd.
The Ali predictions and "words of wisdom" mainly

giphy.gif
Her standup might’ve been better if she had no arms.

It helps when the organization decides to spend far more cash promoting you (and Rousey) and using all their connections and resources to push you and your cards than all the other champions combined.
Spending all that cash was more about propping up the value of the company before selling it to WME. Conor and Ronda were there at the right time in right place and the Fertittas were smart enough to capitalize on using their personas to heavily increase the value of the company prior to the sale. I'm shocked more people haven't figured this out.

He's been protected by judges his entire career, and that's precisely why he's 52-1-2, rather than 51-3-1.

He also purposefully dragged out fighting Golovkin as long as possible, making sure he was as old and slow as possible. Coming up with shit like he wasn't ready to fight a middleweight, needed more time, then fought Chavez Jr at 164, and suddenly agreed to fight GGG after he looked beatable Vs Jacobs.

He's an amazing fighter, but like Floyd he has been carefully managed and protected.

And speaking of Floyd, he is the most pampered for sure. Always made sure everything was in his favour, and basically never stepped out of his backyard. Hasn't fought outside Vegas since 2005.

Almost no boxer is a "fight anyone anywhere" type these days, like a Robinson or Duran, but Floyd and Canelo have been way more pampered than most.

Manny was FAR more pampered then Floyd in his prime when he had the power, and its not even close. Floyd would give away far more to his opponents then Manny/Roach would.

I'm just glad he's gone. He's gone, Nates back, it's the real sport, Dana, Lorenzo... I very happy.

So what? He has made himself the most valuable commodity in MMA by far. He brings in the biggest revenue of any fighter by far. On top of that he has beaten some very good fighters. We are not talking about some meritless thing where he gets special treatment because of a factor that doesn't add value.

Back