Have you ever taken an IQ Test?

Had one done by a child psychiatrist and I got about 127 IIRC. Internet ones I do now put me 130, sometimes 140.

I'm probably worse at 39 than I was at 12 so I figure the Internet tests boost everyone so they feel good about themselves and are more likely to share the test.

I took an official IQ test as a child and scored 130. I also purchased a book where you could test your IQ and scored 130 as an adult. I haven't had my IQ officially measured by a third party as an adult, though. From what I understand, your IQ peaks in your early 20s and then gradually goes down from there.

Took one in first grade, given by the school principal, along with a number of other tests. Don't remember much about it except that it was hard, and the prodigy-like results don't accurately reflect where I'm at as an adult. Probably a 30-40 point drop since then.

The WR has the highest concentration of geniuses on the site, despite having a ton of idiots.

I took an official IQ test as a child and scored 130. I also purchased a book where you could test your IQ and scored 130 as an adult. I haven't had my IQ officially measured by a third party as an adult, though. From what I understand, your IQ peaks in your early 20s and then gradually goes down from there.
I think the 20s is where our "fluid intelligence" begins to decline faster than our "crystallized intelligence" increases.

A friend of mine got like 143 or 144, ended up broke, skimming in/out of jail...didnt do well at all.

Life IQ score not so high!

Would you say that the test was...fawlty?
Yeah lol.

I suspect that smart young kids can score creepy-high just because they have been taught more about how to think and learn from their parents than other kids, and that's not easy to control for.

If there’s any technical math on it I’m screwed.

Took one, scored a 5 or 600 something... I's a smart guy...

I was a the local bro bar recently where any day of the week one can see my cousin. He was telling me how he knows my brother is smarter than me (he isn't) and how he (my cousin) is definitely smarter than me. I say "maybe" and continue to ask him what he thinks his iq is. He says "147"... *edit: its probably closer to 110...

This is a guy who inherited his father's business, has no drivers licence, is a delusional alcoholic, been in jail multiple times, etc. He isn't stupid but it goes to show people always think they're smarter than they are...

Last edited:
Damn, didn't think you'd see that.

Oligarchy. Eh, eh? Sexy, right? Lol.
That thesaurus has really payed off for you, you know aaall the sexy words, go on boy, say Oligarchy one more time for me ;)

Not an IQ test but have scored in 95 percentile on some other standardized tests and was reading at 11th grade level in grade 4.

100 is the average and yet I've never met a person with an iq less than 100. Don't think I've even heard someone admit to less than a 110
Probably due to a few things -
1) People are never going to admit they're below average.
2) The common moran is usually secure in the "knowledge" that they're smarter than the general public so they're not going to bother to confirm just exactly how brilliant they are by wasting time taking a lengthy test.
3) The score of 110 is slightly above average, but not by an unbelievable margin so the average simpleton thinks that claim might pass scrutiny.

From the bit of reading I've done on this subject it seems like the idea of there being different types of intelligence is gaining popularity. I've never taken an IQ test as I'm fairly comfortable with being average in this regard, but have had people observe that I have high EQ. And being exceptional in that regard suits this humble maroon just fine. :Do_O

I gave my old buddy an IQ test when I was helping him study for the GED, I knew he was kinda slow so we bought him one with the GED study book. He scored an 82, which is better than I would've guessed.

Back