Crime Headlining Crime Megathread V5

Thanks very much for your input. I'll just say that when a society starts marring the line between justice and vengeance that's not a good sign at all. Deeming children unfixable because of a single instance in their lives even if it had a grave consequence is not a good place to be. Just leads to lower classes of peoe behaving a certain way not because it's a right way to behave, bit because they're terrorized into doing so. And it's even further laughable that this tends to come from people who scream the most about hating when people force them to do things in the spirit that it might endanger the lives of others.

I've always seen it as just selective disdain for those people.

Ya, I get what you are saying and even agree. However there was a side to me that completely changed once I entered the legal system. I used to be vehemently against capital punishment, however after rubbing elbows with other cons for the better part of 3 years, I came to the conclusion that unfortunately there are people who exist who are either beyond help, or beyond our capacity to help them. They exist simply to cause suffering for other people, often in violent and brutal ways. When even their own family members are targets. If someone even has an ounce of compassion or common sense, you would think they would for someone who is close to them. Not these guys.

Anyways, I'm not saying these kids should be killed, only that I would need to know more of the story. Certainly I understand there is a group dynamic involved here that can escalate things and cause normal people to do some dastardly things. However maybe it was just one or two kids that were viciously trying to stomp the white boy out with the intent of killing him. And maybe those same kids have a record of violence against their family or other innocent people. If that's the case, and we are clear they did it, they should either be locked away for life, or disposed of. I'm not saying everyone, only that there is a contingent of repeat violent offenders who have some serious mental issues and have resisted all attempts at rehabilitation (including medication). For those red zone cases, we as a society must do what's best for everyone, including the perp., as he does not and cannot function in a society that values human life, so the state killing him is probably the best option for everyone else and himself. I should say that I view death as simply a change of wardrobe, not sure if that factors in to my opinions...

I'm extending you an offer here in good faith. You are declining here in bad faith
There is nothing good faith about you crying and saying inappropriately creepy things in PMs that have nothing to do with combat or the topic at hand. All because you got your feelings hurt in an adult conversation about race.
Its ok, I understand a lot of people can't handle race related topics.

There is nothing good faith about you crying and saying inappropriately creepy things in PMs that have nothing to do with combat or topic at hand. All because you got your feelings hurt in an adult conversation about race.
Its ok, I understand a lot of people can't handle race related topics.
giphy.gif

Those kids need someone in a mask to break there legs when they walk unsuspectingly outside their home day

Are you gonna be the one to do it tough guy? Or are you going to let your DragonBallZ avatar handle your fights for you?

Ya, I get what you are saying and even agree. However there was a side to me that completely changed once I entered the legal system. I used to be vehemently against capital punishment, however after rubbing elbows with other cons for the better part of 3 years, I came to the conclusion that unfortunately there are people who exist who are either beyond help, or beyond our capacity to help them. They exist simply to cause suffering for other people, often in violent and brutal ways. When even their own family members are targets. If someone even has an ounce of compassion or common sense, you would think they would for someone who is close to them. Not these guys.

Anyways, I'm not saying these kids should be killed, only that I would need to know more of the story. Certainly I understand there is a group dynamic involved here that can escalate things and cause normal people to do some dastardly things. However maybe it was just one or two kids that were viciously trying to stomp the white boy out with the intent of killing him. And maybe those same kids have a record of violence against their family or other innocent people. If that's the case, and we are clear they did it, they should either be locked away for life, or disposed of. I'm not saying everyone, only that there is a contingent of repeat violent offenders who have some serious mental issues and have resisted all attempts at rehabilitation (including medication). For those red zone cases, we as a society must do what's best for everyone, including the perp., as he does not and cannot function in a society that values human life, so the state killing him is probably the best option for everyone else and himself. I should say that I view death as simply a change of wardrobe, not sure if that factors in to my opinions...

I'm not against Capital punishment, just the US has a verifiable track record of applying it to innocent people, and even some instances of going after people who have been exonerated. Its difficult to advocate for this in a Country where clearly the system rewards treating criminal justice as if its something either won or lost by the people involved when it comes to issues like these, because it creates an environment where the system is resistant to questioning itself. I remember reading about a case where a guy did maybe 3 decades in prison or longer, some ME discovered DNA evidence that exonerated him and sent it to him. He used it in a successful appeal and then later was re-arrested (while playing with his Grandson) on a technicality that, in that State, the inmate must request the DNA evidence...it cannot be sent to them. Imagine being that guy, and there's a lot of similar cases that have the death penalty attached.

When we apply Capital punishment it needs to be under crystal clear circumstances, beyond doubt.

Last edited:
Oh, so now we’re not punishing these violent criminals. Sounds about right

Not sentencing them to life without parole at 15-18 =/= not punishing them.

Sounds about right.

You think locking teenagers up for life helps the victim or their families? What's fucked up is your vengeance view of justice.

And for the record there are plenty of people who have killed people in their pasts, specifically when they were young, and reformed their lives to go on to become revered. At least it's clear that you dont give a single solitary f*ck about depriving children of the chance to do that. You're perfectly fine condemning their entire existence beyond the worst thing you're aware of that they did.

They killed someone and not accidentally.

Justice for the victim and family should always be the first concern of the justice system.

You don't give a fuck about the victim or justice for them.

They murdered sonepne they pay the price which is to give up their freedom at least for the majority part of their life or their entire life. They were old enough to know what they did.

Last edited:

Justice for the victim and family should always be the first concern of the justice system.

They murdered sonepne they pay the price which is to give up their freedom at least for the majority part of their life or their entire life. They were old enough to know what they did.
Your mistake was assuming that Queen B actually cared about the victim (s) in this case.

Next week there will be another one of these violent attacks and this poor 17 year old will just be another forgottten memory.

Again, locking a 15-17 year-old kid away until they DIE is not justice, its vengeance. And you suggested doing that to anyone involved who even touched him while he was down. What good does that do the Family? You are completely making an appeal to emotion and the thing that makes justice justice is that its NOT driven on that. Its impersonal, and almost always leaves room for some form of restitution. Like I said earlier there are PLENTY of people in society who have done worse than this, paid their debt required by law, and gone on to lead productive lives. You haven't argued that because you know its true, and I'm sure in combat Sports you've met your fair share of them. And I'm also sure you havent likely told them you think they should still be in prison if they're not still committing crimes.

Again, locking a 15-17 year-old kid away until they DIE is not justice, its vengeance. And you suggested doing that to anyone involved who even touched him while he was down. What good does that do the Family? You are completely making an appeal to emotion and the thing that makes justice justice is that its NOT driven on that. Its impersonal, and almost always leaves room for some form of restitution. Like I said earlier there are PLENTY of people in society who have done worse than this, paid their debt required by law, and gone on to lead productive lives. You haven't argued that because you know its true, and I'm sure in combat Sports you've met your fair share of them. And I'm also sure you havent likely told them you think they should still be in prison if they're not still committing crimes.

I'll say what I believe to anyones face.
When you attack and murder innocent people then what you could have been or might be is no longer the primary concern . Justice for the victim and their families.

I'll say what I believe to anyones face.
When you attack and murder innocent people then what you could have been or might be is no longer the primary concern . Justice for the victim and their families.

we live in an age unfortunately, where more empathy and compassion are afforded to criminals, than the victims themselves.

These "kids" need to be tried as adults, 15-20 years minimum.

As we all know, giving slaps on the wrists to violent offenders is the best way to get them on the right path. They're grateful for the second chance, learn their lesson, and usually grow up to be lawyers and doctors.

Probably solve cancer…or next time they wear masks

Lol well you helped get @nhbbear merged.
God's work. I'm sure he will be thrilled.
Still waiting in you to answer the original question from the thread.

Nah, I knew and expected it to happen. Not mad. This issue got some time in the sun and wasn’t buried in a giant thread for a few hours. But, just like the media, this story got buried

Back