Helping out a friend with being a correctional officer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you actually have no clue what 60lbs are.

In order to subdue, and mitigate threats wont CO's have to get physical? From what I know, they dont carry weapons on them because they dont want the inmates to grab them.
Yeah, at times she will have to get physical. However, those contexts are not the same as when you train martial arts. COs don't need to fight across rounds and get regular breaks, can't assume that it will be one-on-one, or even that she will be aware of the attack (hence her ability to use any type of guard), or assume that no weapons are involved, or even expect their employers to support their fisticuff . COs work together as teams because no matter how good a fighter you are, if you are outnumbered by some bad guys then you go down. If things start to get out of control then they hit the riot alarm; all the guards withdraw, the place gets locked down and the riot squad marches in to restore order.

I remember seeing a video once of a world class kickboxer (I don't remember which one specifically) who went to prison. He was sitting at a table and some guy hit him from behind with a sock full of coins (at least that is what it looked like). He was instantly knocked out and that guy could fight. Also, Tyson has told stories in interviews that if other inmates wanted you in the showers then they have you and there isn't anything he could do to stop them. Even being a world class fighter is not enough to protect you in prison.

What I meant to convey in my original post is that being able to "cool" rising tensions is more important to the role than escalating them with violent confrontation. That is not to say that violent confrontation won't happen because it will. However, being able to talk people down out of violent confrontation is preferable for everyone involved (employers, guards and inmates). Being able to protect yourself is not the same thing as being able to fight.

I think you actually have no clue what 60lbs are.

Hey i'm just guessing her weight, she might be more she might be less but i'm not going to ask her that, because thats kind of a weird and personal question.

60 lbs is an average weight for an 8.5 years old girl.

GirlsWeightWhite.gif

Yeah, at times she will have to get physical. However, those contexts are not the same as when you train martial arts. COs don't need to fight across rounds and get regular breaks, can't assume that it will be one-on-one, or even that she will be aware of the attack (hence her ability to use any type of guard), or assume that no weapons are involved, or even expect their employers to support their fisticuff . COs work together as teams because no matter how good a fighter you are, if you are outnumbered by some bad guys then you go down. If things start to get out of control then they hit the riot alarm; all the guards withdraw, the place gets locked down and the riot squad marches in to restore order.

I remember seeing a video once of a world class kickboxer (I don't remember which one specifically) who went to prison. He was sitting at a table and some guy hit him from behind with a sock full of coins (at least that is what it looked like). He was instantly knocked out and that guy could fight. Also, Tyson has told stories in interviews that if other inmates wanted you in the showers then they have you and there isn't anything he could do to stop them. Even being a world class fighter is not enough to protect you in prison.

What I meant to convey in my original post is that being able to "cool" rising tensions is more important to the role than escalating them with violent confrontation. That is not to say that violent confrontation won't happen because it will. However, being able to talk people down out of violent confrontation is preferable for everyone involved (employers, guards and inmates). Being able to protect yourself is not the same thing as being able to fight.

Can we assume Mike Tyson got raped in prison? :p :p :p :p :p

Well shes broke everytime i see her the only time she eats more then 2 meals a day is when me and her go get something to eat after we hang out.

Edit: she might be more then 60 lbs, she might be 80 actually when i met her she was probably 60

Are you talking kg there is no way she weighs 60 or even 80lbs. She would be dead at that weight, you couldn't possibly survive for very long

I'm 20 years old, and shes 26 about to be 27. The fact that you think i'm a little kid just shows that you have some mental issues.
20 is a kid. Who is she to you?

This thread reminds me of the retards that exist in the world without having to set foot outside

This thread reminds me of the retards that exist in the world without having to set foot outside

Listen you want to come on here and talk shit, but you damn sure wouldn't say that shit to my face, i'm just asking a question i already got an answer to from a military veteran, and yo bitchass is coming on here calling me a retard, why don't go to the hood and say shit like that to the biggest guy over their, i bet you dont have the guts to, i would though and i have.

Listen you want to come on here and talk shit, but you damn sure wouldn't say that shit to my face, i'm just asking a question i already got an answer to from a military veteran, and yo bitchass is coming on here calling me a retard, why don't go to the hood and say shit like that to the biggest guy over their, i bet you dont have the guts to, i would though and i have.

Lol dont get your vagina in a twist

.... rofl

This post was brought to you all by a member who started other amazing threads such as:

"So i just had a hypothetical question, so is it possible to create your own law enforcement agency kinda like an anti-terrorist organization, or like kind of a military and police organization?"

This guy has his shit in one sock for sure.

This post was brought to you all by a member who started other amazing threads such as:

"So i just had a hypothetical question, so is it possible to create your own law enforcement agency kinda like an anti-terrorist organization, or like kind of a military and police organization?"

This guy has his shit in one sock for sure.

Omfg, i'm going to ask nicely everyone who does not want to contribute to the thread even though the thread is basically closed gtfo.

Omfg, i'm going to ask nicely everyone who does not want to contribute to the thread even though the thread is basically closed gtfo.

Dude let’s be real here... this thread is aids....like not magic Johnson aids but tommy Morrison aids... it’s bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back