Helwani: "Masvidal v Usman is the front runner."

Watch them make Masvidal/Usman and Diaz/Colby. Masvidal and Diaz then lose and the hype is gone for a Mas/Diaz fight.
Or they both win...not likely.

I’d take usman and Covington in those fights, but Diaz is always a live dog in any fight

<36><36><36>

Covington ducking confirmed.

Covington incels in panic mode. If it were anyone else you would call them a duck.

Reminder: Colby got $45k show/$45k win for his Lawler fight.

So, when they say "too much"...

This is fair. I hate Colbie but he should definitely be getting paid his fair due. That is chump change.

Unfortunately he’s a complete jackass and won’t get much sympathy from anyone outside of his little cult on here.

He's Ducking Usman like he did before
<PlusJuan><PlusJuan>

Usman and Covington are both scum.

Why is Usman scum? Sounds like he’s willing to take the fight.

Can we merge this with the thread where everyone said Usman was ducking him?

<DirkMavs>

It’s a hard fight but they could sell it in the trash talk FOR SURE

Colby's not a needlemover like Nate. He draws discussion inside the hardcore MMA community but nowhere else.

Nate also has an aversion towards wrestlers.

He's just not interested in fighting them unless there's a titleshot.

It would be pretty hilarious if Usman vs Masvidal happens. Masvidal beats Usman then Colby gets skipped again for Diaz Haha. At least we can look forward to Colby hunting Dana down at poker tables again

Love Diaz. Love Masvidal more. Obvs. I need a new picture, by now. This has literally been here for 4 years. It's just that he's FINALLY getting the appreciation he deserves. So now I … almost feel cool about it. But too cool is the problem. And I actually dig his new hair. Ariel is a big Masvidal fan, so before I came in, I was thinkin' he's just... statin' Masvidal deserves it.. But I couldn't be more stoked about my boy finally gettin' that shot!
Give Diaz an immediate shot, for all I care. But I want the best for Mas... So that's why i'd much prefer to see him fight Usman than anyone. 'Cause you can't deny him a puncher's chance.

I actually like Colby's "heel" gimmick. and he's a hell of a fighter. but he's a moron. gonna shoot himself in the foot.

Are people seriously acting like Colby isn't ducking Usman?

News flash people, Colby's been ducking Usman for over 2 years, it's nothing new.

Coby "Fuck you dana you piece of shit" rant is incoming....

Its 2019. Most fighters understand how the UFC works now. If they think an interim belt is anything more than a marketing gimmick then thats on them.
An interim belt is a lot more than a gimmick to a fighter. Fighting as an interim champ guarantees them PPV points, giving them a big raise.

"They're leaving Colby on the sidelines again. They feel he's asking for too much. They're tired of dealing with him."

"Mavidal has said yes. They hit a snag with Usman. But They're close to getting this done for MSG."

ESPN radio, right now.
I am VERY pro-management, and have been arguing against unions, profit-sharing, a CBA, and the Ali Act here for years...

But this idea of needing to negotiate again when you are clearly in line, and them being able to play talent off one another, like an internal bidding war...is a bit thick even for my evil corporate heart.

Colby knows he'd have a tough time with Usman and at least wants a shitload for it. Then again, he's also earned a big payday by now.

Easy win for Usman. Usman will just grapple Masvidal all day with ease. Masvidal will retire after this fight. Mark my words.

Its 2019. Most fighters understand how the UFC works now. If they think an interim belt is anything more than a marketing gimmick then thats on them.

Ya, the UFC uses the interim title to market the card and get more buys. Then turn around and strip fighter of said belt so they can pay them the same paltry 45K/45K (as an example), and not anywhere close to the championship paycheck the UFC profited from promising.

The fighters should stick up for themselves. Should really try to unionize, but the shady UFC will never allow it.

While I'd like to see Masvidal get a title shot. Diaz vs Mas would be insane.

Ufc is really fucking up here.

Back