Henry Cavill Is Scared to Flirt Because He'll Be "Called a Rapist"... Why did he say that in public?

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Upon reading your comments, I see that many of you are fine with Cavill being a cry baby pussy who is afraid of women...

...would you guys say otherwise if he wasn't attractive?

See what I'm getting at?

No matter what you look like, it's not ok to act like a creep.

In this case, Cavill is acting like a creep about not being able to act like a creep... lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously, does he not have the foresight to know that she should keep that shit to himself? O_O

Of course backlash is fierce because... Duh.

Don't be a fucking noob to the media game. The hyperbole he used IS funny, but again, DO NOT put yourself out there like that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44819116
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Superman actor Henry Cavill has apologised for claiming that the #MeToo movement has left him scared to date women for fear of being "called a rapist".

In a statement, Cavill addressed the "confusion and misunderstanding" over his GQ interview.

"Insensitivity was absolutely not my intention", he continued, confirming he holds women in "the highest regard".

The comments sparked both empathy and anger online.

What did Cavill originally say?
The British actor made the outspoken comments during an interview with GQ Australia, as part of his promotional activities for Mission Impossible: Fallout.

When asked how #MeToo affected him, Cavill said that while society "had to change" regarding the treatment of women, the altered landscape has left him feeling unsure about "chasing a woman".

"I think a woman should be wooed and chased, but maybe I'm old-fashioned for thinking that," he admitted.

"It's very difficult to do that if there are certain rules in place. Because then it's like: 'Well, I don't want to go up and talk to her, because I'm going to be called a rapist or something.'

"So you're like, 'Forget it. I'm going to call an ex-girlfriend instead, and then just go back to a relationship, which never really worked,'" he continued.

"But it's way safer than casting myself into the fires of hell, because I'm someone in the public eye, and if I go and flirt with someone, then who knows what's going to happen?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I'm sure that all women would hate to be woo'd and chased by him.

Last edited:
When a single false accusation, even when its provable to be false, can sink your career because people are afraid of the court of public opinion can you really blame him?

He's just being honest and truthful.

Well he can flirt, and not actually have sex right after every single initial flirt. Instead he can flirt over a longer period of time before sex. I dont think anyone ever accused of rape from just verbal flirting.

Change your approach and stop "chasing women." It's not that complicated to figure out when a girl is not into a guy. I understand his "thrill of the chase", especially during courtship, but there comes a point when its not reciprocal and it gives out a creepy stalker vibe. Seems like he suffers from a chronic case of creepy stalker syndrome despite having money, good looks, and fame. Clearly you're doing something wrong pal.

Actually historically women were never wooed or chased. They were paid for with dowry, and arranged/assigned by the man of the house.

Shocked , I honestly thought that he 'played for the other team' .

Well he can flirt, and not actually have sex right after every single initial flirt. Instead he can flirt over a longer period of time before sex. I dont think anyone ever accused of rape from just verbal flirting.

It's a different game altogether for celebs.

Now, perhaps it's a bit of karma for being able to get away with damn near everything for so long, when it comes to women, but yeah, I'd be paranoid as fuck right now if I was a male celeb. One accusation, true or not, and your career could be over.

Look at Aziz Ansari, and tell me he is wrong

Look just cause the mother fucker look good in a superman suit dont mean he smart.

He shouldn't have said the shit publicly.
We all think it. But we all dont say it.

The fuck is happening to peoples chill mode? The switch broke or something?

He's one of the biggest actors in Hollywood at the moment and he knows a single accusation could destroy his entire career what the fuck does he need to apologize for? Being real?

Look just cause the mother fucker look good in a superman suit dont mean he smart.

Why can't he say what we all know is true in public? Why are radical feminists and the far left controlling what opinions we can or can't have?

It's called bravery. He is speaking out despite knowing that he will be attack in order to stand up for a position that needs to be defended.

The Superman curse has begun for poor Henry.

Back