Media Henry Cejudo predicts Chito Vera to defeat Sean O'Malley in rematch

Man, watching this, CCC might be right. He’s coming with some solid takes here.
Who do you think wins?

If forced to pick the winner I'll still side with Sean but I don't feel very confident in it. Chito's durability & cardio is a big problem for Sean and I don't know how he will look in a long fight. Chito won't go down as easy as the majority of Sean's previous opponents have.

I don't think Sean has the gas tank to move the way he does for 25 minutes without Chito catching him, would be exciting to see him try though.

True, o malley was gassed against moutinho after a round.

That's only with his own offense, too. Not with any tangible pressure placed on him.

O malley reminds me of McGregor in that regard.

That, and the extreme promotional bias.

Who do you think wins?

I'm going to assume 90% of sherdog aren't going to watch the video and disagree , thinking cejudo is just picking against Sean because they don't like each other.

Cejudo makes VERY valid points.

One thing Chito has that these other potential contenders for the belt at BW don't have is a great chin. I think Sean is not going to be hurting him easily which tbh could make Chito the toughest fight even though everyone thinks it will be the easiest.

He's also got really good cardio and he's just a tough fight for a striker like OMalley. Not to mention he's already beat him once. People are tripping on here thinking that's not an extremely tough fight for Sean.

But tbh, all the contenders are really tough fights for him.

Listening to Henry talk about some people is textbook example of bias. Adesanya and O’Malley are main examples. Even if he isn’t right, he will make the video.

Sandhagen beat Vera and then Rob Font, so naturally he is ... behind Vera for a title shot?

This is such a clown show. The UFC is completely bush league. Vera is probably something like 4th in line for a title shot right now.

I agree with Cejudo but OMalley is more than likely fuked no matter who he fights next.

If he fights Chito, I expect Chito to be a big underdog and I'm going to drop STACKS betting on him, I'll post bet slips too.

If he doesn't fight Chito then he is fighting Sandhagen or Merab. His best option is if the UFC grants Aljo a rematch, that is the least exciting scenario but it is his best chance to defend the title, if the odds are even money then I'd take OMalley. CCC I'm not sure about but I do think he would do better than Aljo and he should be a slight fav like -120.

The only way OMalley becomes a long reigning champ is if he doesn't fight.

If he fights Chito, I expect Chito to be a big underdog and I'm going to drop STACKS betting on him, I'll post bet slips too.

They have a line open on Draft Kings already, he may not be as big of an underdog as you think. Bet would be voided though if the fight doesn't happen by the end of 2023 I believe.

Screenshot_20230831_234953.jpg

If forced to pick the winner I'll still side with Sean but I don't feel very confident in it. Chito's durability & cardio is a big problem for Sean and I don't know how he will look in a long fight. Chito won't go down as easy as the majority of Sean's previous opponents have.
Me too, but it indeed is a risky pick.
Imma keep riding with Sean as I also picked him to beet Aljo, though I think Chito is a harder matchup for him

Chito has not looked overly impressive as of late. The talent is there to get the job done, but something is missing right now. Sean has definitely improved since that fight as well. He's far more calculated than the brash striker he once was.

They have a line open on Draft Kings already, he may not be as big of an underdog as you think. Bet would be voided though if the fight doesn't happen by the end of 2023 I believe.

View attachment 999122

I expect the public to move OMalley to a bigger fav lol.

ill-wait.gif

Hah yes. The MMA genius crawled from under his rock after retiring, talking a lot of shit, coming back, talking more shit and ending up losing to Sterling.

I can't forget him telling Rob to come down to "where the geniuses are" so he could learn how to defeat Izzy. What a douche.

Stfu Cejudo.

I reckon we should have Henry be guest referee on this one. Anyone agree?

Make him the only judge and go straight to a decision. No fight.

I'm going to assume 90% of sherdog aren't going to watch the video and disagree , thinking cejudo is just picking against Sean because they don't like each other.

Cejudo makes VERY valid points.

Who do you think wins?

I find it hard to understand how Henry's takes fit his conclusion. The strengths he gives for Vera all imply he needs a miracle to win. Being good at taking a beating, ability to come back from a beating, and having good elbows from his back don't exactly describe a good chance of victory to me.

Henry's takes also seem to completely ignore the massively different context they would be competing in this time. Vera having 5 round Fight Night fights is not an accurate comparison to the pressure of headlining a huge championship PPV fight against O'Malley.

I don't know if y'all noticed, but fighters and coaches are just as bad as us at predicting fights.

Me too, but it indeed is a risky pick.
Imma keep riding with Sean as I also picked him to beet Aljo, though I think Chito is a harder matchup for him
The way to beat Chito is to commit fast and hard. Chito is a notoriously slow starter and O’malley has a style that involves a lot of movement that will be hard to maintain for a long time. In a 3 round fight I’d pick O’malley with some confidence right now. In a 5 rounder, not so sure. I’d like to see how Sean’s cardio holds up in a long match.

Back