News Henry Cejudo turned 37 years old today

Who is going to win?

• Total voters
Donning my Bro Science lab coat, l hypothesize smaller bodies means higher metabolism means more wear and tear (ceteris paribus naturally) ergo shorter career.

Logical, no?
Yeah, and it could just be an emphasis on speed and just being a byproduct of physics that the smaller divisions are faster. Athletes lose speed first, well before cardio/power etc. It makes sense that higher divisions with lower average speed are less impacted because their opponents relative speed is a smaller difference, where at the lower classes it might be a lot more profound. Speed kills.

At 37 after such a long career at the top of two separate combat sports, and especially since wrestling (which is hard on the knees and hips) is his base, a win against a legit top 5 guy is going to be a very tall order.
Especially in a lighter weight class. Fighters like Couture and Cormier have been able to use their wrestling effectively at LHW and HW until their 40s, but that's very different. And if a 43-year old Couture had to face a 28-year old Cain, he'd have been in a lot of trouble. But there have been so few good young wrestlers at HW since....well, the late 90s when Coleman, Couture, Kerr, Hendo, Randleman, etc. all started.

One of my least favorite "UFC personalities" ever!

HBD Cejudo

jU9fdJU.gif

Donning my Bro Science lab coat, l hypothesize smaller bodies means higher metabolism means more wear and tear (ceteris paribus naturally) ergo shorter career.

Logical, no?
In my opinion it's a matter of actions per second - smaller fighters have way less inertia so they're changing directions more times per second whether it's a feint, strike, takedown, footwork, etc. A small decline in reaction time or muscle response speed matters a lot more at a lighter weight class where that decline is larger in comparison to the speed at which everything takes place. In contrast, at MW, LHW, and HW, everyone is relatively slow by comparison so a small age-related decline in speed is diluted amongst that general slowness

Especially in a lighter weight class. Fighters like Couture and Cormier have been able to use their wrestling effectively at LHW and HW until their 40s, but that's very different. And if a 43-year old Couture had to face a 28-year old Cain, he'd have been in a lot of trouble. But there have been so few good young wrestlers at HW since....well, the late 90s when Coleman, Couture, Kerr, Hendo, Randleman, etc. all started.

Yeah, it’s a lot easier to stick around longer when your competition isn’t a bunch hoppy/bouncy MFers.

Reactions: mkt
37 at BW. May as well be 47. Merab wins this dominantly, imo. 50-45, or 49-46.

37 really is an insane number at BW, with no one ever having won a title fight at 155 or below past the age of 35

I voted triple C.

Not very confident in that vote and wouldn't put any money behind him.

He has proven to be a winner and a champion.

3 years though and he is also fighting father time in the ring. That guy is undefeated.

He really hampered his career but doing that early retirement stint. Could have possibly become a bigger name, made more money

He really hampered his career but doing that early retirement stint. Could have possibly become a bigger name, made more money

Lil bro thought he was Conor and UFC would grovel at his feet to try to get him back

They said okay peace out and didnt give a fuck lmaoooo

From 2018-2020 CCC's performances were about as perfect as they could be (I'd have to re-watch but remember thinking that Sergio should've gotten the nod.)

At 37 after such a long career at the top of two separate combat sports, and especially since wrestling (which is hard on the knees and hips) is his base, a win against a legit top 5 guy is going to be a very tall order.
Joe B*, Henry dominated Sergio.

I admit I didn't see it. How'd he look? Do you think he deserved to get the nod?
His striking looked bad imo. Timing looked off and didn’t have the dog in him like before.

His footwork, conditioning, and willingness to take punches against mm, Cruz, and Marlon were top notch. Even if technically he wasn’t the best striker, that ability made him a really good striker imo

Split decision with the champ after a 3 year layoff and now all of sudden he's a stepping stone for Merab? Not how this works.
How do you think Merab would do against Sterling? I'd favor the former

How do you think Merab would do against Sterling? I'd favor the former
Sterling puts Merab to sleep, RNC. Ricky Simon top 50 bw put Merab to sleep. Imagine what Sterling would do.

Think Merab is just going to out hustle him.

unjuiced v. extremely juiced
ill take the inbred who can force 48 tds in a five rounder and not breathe heavy at all thanks
Such freaky cardio I want science experiments done on Merab.

Back