Here is what I saw as a boxing guy

I think Conors form was fine until he gassed. Much better than in the training clips were it looked awful.

As a "boxing guy", you should know that you can't just get 12 round boxing shape overnight against the GOAT without having dozens of amateur fights.
I dunno... apparently Conor didn't think he had to...

ok so last night was fun. Drinking, watching the fight whatever the fuck

Anyways.

I saw conor come out really hard the first threeish rounds. Throwing a ton of punches ( a few blatantly illegal but eh, he was trying to win).

In those three rounds i watched floyd do, what he has done to every opponent he has ever had. Analyze. Sit back and let his opponent do his thing until floyd goes on the attack. I had conor up 2-1 after three ( i believe the judges had floyd ahead 2-1 on the cards)

Than.......it got embarrassing.

First off all I kept hearing was conors un-orthodox technique and how it was gonna give floyd problems.......I dont want to talk shit to much but cmon......he was god awful from a technique standpoint.

Second we all know about conors gassing problems but he looked fucking done in the middle of round 4. His technique was already pretty terrible but it was getting worse and worse as the fight went on.

Arms flailing, mouth open, chin up. And than from about rounds 4-10, floyd beat the absolute living shit out of him.

And than conor got stopped..... yes floyd is the best boxer since sweet pea, but still. He hasn't been considered a knockout artist since his days as a super featherweight, is 40 years old and has been retired for two years.....and conor looked about 20 pounds heavier.

Conors un orthodox technique....absolutely non existent. He looked awful.

Speaking as a conor fan in mma..........

Sorry guys. I see no moral victories here. As soon as floyd turned it on it was embarrassing and the skill gap was lunacy......waste of time imo
Mcgregor has better boxing technique than the guy in your avatar TS.

I said this before the fight and I'll say it again. The ONLY reason mcgregor got in the boxing ring was because he fought somebody 20 lbs smaller and supposedly feather fisted....and he still got stopped.

I'll admit mcgregor looked better than I expected but if he was against somebody closer to his own size and age he would of gotten slept period.

By round 8 it looked like a welterweight bullying a super middleweight seriously embarrassing.

Yep, the boy should be ashamed. Especially after all of that talk.

took him 10 rounds to do what he should have done in 5.

For the p4p best of this era, that's pretty embarrassing

Floyd has no power. Why do you think he allowed 8oz gloves? He was going for the knockout. Compared to making Maidana wear damn 16 oz pillows or some crap in their fight. The problem is Floyd has no power and is trying to knock out a guy 20 pounds heavier. Connor might be a lot of things but hes not a complete pushover. Hes not gonna just get KO'd by a guy who hasn't Knocked out anyone in over a decade, even getting 8oz gloves to give him a chance. I never saw a world where Connor got knocked out in the early rounds; Floyd just doesnt have the power. Even saying that, he looked like he had more power than Connor, sadly. I dont think Conor was ever going to knock Floyd out, which is why he just walked him down. Connor had no power by boxing standards. Personally, thats fine; Boxers punch and take punches at the highest level. Its no a stretch to realize they are simply better at both from a pure punch/take punch standpoint.

I do think if fatigue wasn't an issue and Conor actually trained with some boxing coaches, he's athletic enough where he could look even better vs this version of floyd. Its really being underreported how he kept mma trainers for this. You can tell by his demeanor he knew he was fucked b4 the fight even started. I've never seen him look so unconfident.

I think he needs to incorporate boxing training into his regimen. Boxing training by boxing coaches will help his cardio. A novice loss to a black belt, was expected. I did expect Conor's technique to look better, but what can you do. Those behind the head punches were just useless and stupid. That is not a mma technique.

It would be interesting to see how conor would do vs lower comp at lower rounds, slowly building up both. I don't think he'd ever be champion, but he clearly has some level of talent and confidence in it and could compete.

Im excited to see conor back in the cage where he belongs

For all the guys praising Conor for surviving 10 rounds. Conor said it best himself leading up the fight. He comes from a sport where you use little gloves, throw elbows, kicks to the head and bounce peoples skulls off the ground. It's not like Conor is a baseball player starting to box. He has been fighting in combat sports most of his life so he should be used to getting hit. I'm sure other MMA guys could have made it 10 round or even the distance. Besides, Mayweather is 40 years old, 3 times smaller, they had big gloves and he is known as a point fighter with brittle hands.

took him 10 rounds to do what he should have done in 5.

For the p4p best of this era, that's pretty embarrassing

If Conor called out someone in his own weight class and wasn't retired it would have been over sooner. He's lucky he went after Floyd.

You realize that Floyd looked like the size of a BW compared to Conor's LW right? Floyd is not a power punching KO machine and he KO'd Conor. Floyd is also a terrific salesman and let this fight go on long enough to let Conor save face. Why would he do that you ask? Who do you think will promote Conor's opponent should he box again?
images

Paulie vs Conor is already being floated by Floyd and Conor.

Theres always a gameplan with Floyd and his team

If Conor called out someone in his own weight class and wasn't retired it would have been over sooner. He's lucky he went after Floyd.

mayweather fights 147 mostly

conor fights 145 and 155 mostly

not too far off

You realize that Floyd looked like the size of a BW compared to Conor's LW right? Floyd is not a power punching KO machine and he KO'd Conor. Floyd is also a terrific salesman and let this fight go on long enough to let Conor save face. Why would he do that you ask? Who do you think will promote Conor's opponent should he box again?
images

Paulie vs Conor is already being floated by Floyd and Conor.
I don't get this size thing. If u take Lesnar amd out him in a sanctioned bout with Floyd, Floyd would ko him. I do believe it was more fatigue than anything with better conditioning, he would have been able to protect himself better. Conor really needs to get a new cardio routine. Trash that McGregor fast shit. Just do running boxing sparring.

In hindsight, boy did they call it. He could not hide being tired and thats when Floyd got aggressive.

I'm not a bro, bro.

And I'm being serious. Connie was supposed to maul Mayweather cuz he's bigger, stronger, hungrier, smarter, blah blah blah. Just accept that he got dismantled bit by bit.

Last night was great for boxing no matter how you try to spin it.

Boxing really needed the MMA lifeline; cause it's so shit it couldn't even fill an undercard for this event.

The moment the conversation changes from "MMA is human cockfighting, who cares about that shit!" To "Last night was great for Boxing; our best Boxer beat a MMA guy at Boxing", you know your sport is garbage lol.

But hey, you're welcome for the help Boxing.

About 95% of his fans. At least half of this forum. Let's not pretend like the last few months didn't happen.

What the Fuck are you talking about? The people calling for a McGregor victory in this one was easily the smallest yet. I said Floyd would win and I am a staunch McGregor supporter.

All I wanted was for him to not get embarrassed and he did more than just that. It's the fucking Boxing fans who can't handle this outcome so they have to invent some shit about Conor being "carried". He wasn't carried, he's just durable.

What the Fuck are you talking about? The people calling for a McGregor victory in this one was easily the smallest yet. I said Floyd would win and I am a staunch McGregor supporter.

All I wanted was for him to not get embarrassed and he did more than just that. It's the fucking Boxing fans who can't handle this outcome so they have to invent some shit about Conor being "carried". He wasn't carried, he's just durable.

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you even Sherdog, bro? Stop rewriting the last 3 months around here. I'm not talking about mainstream media.

Back