Hockey Fans Thrown Out for "Racism"

A business should be able to refuse service to anyone they want. Even a gay couple who want to buy a wedding cake. That's freedom. That's America.

Except businesses are not allowed to eject customers who hurl racially charged remarks at the employees. That's fascism.

OwkLa.gif

Until you mentioned there were Americans who are Black and Americans who are White, I never would have even considered Americans along racial lines.
You left out a few ethnicities you racist bastard.

So I shouldn't say offensive things because it offends people? Where's the fun in that?

If that's the way you want to pass the time have at it cowboy. But if you start spewing racist bullshit and get kicked out of an establishment don't ask for my sympathy.

If that's the way you want to pass the time have at it cowboy. But if you start spewing racist bullshit and get kicked out of an establishment don't ask for my sympathy.
Lol. They have every right to kick whoever they want out. Just like employment...you can technically say what you want but there may be consequences. But seeing people flip out because of it is pretty funny. It's just words. You think I haven't been called redneck, honky, etc? Doesn't bother me a bit.

Some people just actually believe that these sports aren't limited by race. If you believe that basketball is a black only sport or that only whites are good at hockey then you are stereotyping. I mean if someone yelled golf at me when I was playing basketball or any other sport I wouldnt think that it was racially charged. I mean god damn y'all get your panties twisted up over the dumbest shit lol. So, if they had yelled football or soccer that's fine? Whenever y'all want to call someone racist, you may want to check the mirror.

I don't believe it is limited to race...But Im not some fucking dumbass that doesn't know why they are yelling at a black hockey player, "Basketball"...Just like Im not a dumbass who wouldn't know why Black fans would yell to a white basketball player, "Hockey".

Please tell me, what other logical reason of shouting basketball to a black hockey player is?

I never heard basketball being shouted to White Hockey players.

In 2005 when I was in the National Guard I was on a deployment and was in Kuwait. They did this exact same thing in honor of black history month where they served a bunch of Southern food and there were no complaints. In fact a lot of people were amped about it.

I was attached to a mostly Black unit out of Detroit too and none of the guys said anything about it. I remember thinking it seemed a little patronizing, but that wasn't the intent at all. They were just trying to do something nice to honor Black culture.

Soul food would be fine I'm thinking but did they actually do the Kool-Aide and Watermelon? LOL I think that's where the line would be crossed.

I don't believe it is limited to race...But Im not some fucking dumbass that doesn't know why they are yelling at a black hockey player, "Basketball"...Just like Im not a dumbass who wouldn't know why Black fans would yell to a white basketball player, "Hockey".

Please tell me, what other logical reason of shouting basketball to a black hockey player is?

I never heard basketball being shouted to White Hockey players.
So it is possible to be racist against whites too? That's news to me.

Ok so is waving bananas and making monkey sounds at black players explicit enough for you?
Not on principle, but in my experience, activity like that usually causes an immediate shitstorm of escalation and greatly heightens the potential for mob violence. Even if that is avoided people are usually wound up, and that results in vandalism on the way out of the immediate area.

If you're a business that's the last thing you want. This is what you're trying to avoid. This isn't the Constitution, so I afford business owners leeway, but my concern is always with opening the door to bad precedent for the other side to exploit this unsound foundation.

What happens if playing to the crowd as a business owner means catering to more racist environments? What happens when you're in small towns that are heavily black or heavily white where the community of the aggrieved isn't as profitable as the community of the aggressor?

This is why it's so essential to understand that merely taking offense to something doesn't inherently assign value to the source of that perceived offense. Just as their is mob justice I have noticed there is a mob victimization mentality. Neither is healthy; the common denominator is the zealous belief of those in the mob that they hold moral authority by virtue of their numbers and cohesion. Of course this isn't true.

This isn't the law. We're speaking to an unwritten cultural morality of civic conduct, here. Specifics rule.

In 2005 when I was in the National Guard I was on a deployment and was in Kuwait. They did this exact same thing in honor of black history month where they served a bunch of Southern food and there were no complaints. In fact a lot of people were amped about it.

I was attached to a mostly Black unit out of Detroit too and none of the guys said anything about it. I remember thinking it seemed a little patronizing, but that wasn't the intent at all. They were just trying to do something nice to honor Black culture.
They've done it forever at NYU.

Lol. They have every right to kick whoever they want out. Just like employment...you can technically say what you want but there may be consequences. But seeing people flip out because of it is pretty funny. It's just words. You think I haven't been called redneck, honky, etc? Doesn't bother me a bit.

I'm not flipping out. I just find it frustrating the way people are downplaying what was said and its meaning.

So it is possible to be racist against whites too? That's news to me.
Yes....Im sure you cry with ur Alt-Right buddies, how people don't recognize racism against whites...I do kid.

I know this is why you are being a contrarian and saying this isn't racist...Your butthurt that some SJWs don't recognize racism against whites.

It's ok kid....Don't let that cloud your logic and be a dumbass.

I forgive you...I know your hurting deep inside.

Yes....Im sure you cry with ur Alt-Right buddies, how people don't recognize racism against whites...I do kid.

I know this is why you are being a contrarian and saying this isn't racist...Your butthurt that some SJWs don't recognize racism against whites.

It's ok kid....Don't let that cloud your logic and be a dumbass.

I forgive you...I know your hurting deep inside.
Ahahaha. You think words would ever hurt my feelings? Don't get me wrong if you were to physically threaten me in person or try to harm me yeah I'll have an issue with that and I'd probably shoot your ass depending on the situation. But name calling? Getting upset over that is childish as fuck.

Ahahaha. You think words would ever hurt my feelings? Don't get me wrong if you were to physically threaten me in person or try to harm me yeah I'll have an issue with that and I'd probably shoot your ass depending on the situation. But name calling? Getting upset over that is childish as fuck.

You seem very offended, kid.

If this was real life...I wouldn't need a gun...I will besmirch you with my mind and body...But then again Im not a pussy who resorts to guns ASAP.

Look man, Racism against white exist...it's ok...Don't let your SJW hatred cloud your logic.

Because the stereotype isn't a negative one, and it's just a light joke anyhow.

You don't get the context. It was meant to make him feel unwelcome playing hockey - and that he should be playing basketball instead.

Back