Hollywood Writers Go On Strike (Update On Post #156)

"Oh it doesn't matter if the writers go on strike" Word? Did y'all forget the 2007 strike, because that shit wrecked shows. I'm still mad about Heroes.

But what shows are there to wreck right now? Seriously?

I mean, I enjoyed GOT:HOTD, but ummm, I can't see this interfering with much. What, is a Marvel movie gonna be missing that secret ingredient? Will Steven Colbert not be able to tell tired ass Trump jokes? What is the loss here?

I mean, I enjoyed GOT:HOTD, but ummm, I can't see this interfering with much. What, is a Marvel movie gonna be missing that secret ingredient? Will Steven Colbert not be able to tell tired ass Trump jokes? What is the loss here?
Well I'm sure there are shows someone out there gives a fuck about, I'm with you on this one lol. There hasn't been a new show I've genuinely enjoyed in years now. Everything is some rehashed bullshit. I do enjoy some of the marvel stuff because I'm a big marvel guy, but even most of that I don't really give a shit about anymore.

<Fedor23>

Well I'm sure there are shows someone out there gives a fuck about, I'm with you on this one lol. There hasn't been a new show I've genuinely enjoyed in years now. Everything is some rehashed bullshit. I do enjoy some of the marvel stuff because I'm a big marvel guy, but even most of that I don't really give a shit about anymore.

<Fedor23>

Yeah, there's just not much to be worried about here. Back in 07, it was a massacre. Today? Who cares? Bring in the scabs. Maybe they'll actually write something, like a mystical warthog story, that doesn't devolve into a political statement.

True, but I cant support scab ass rats, doe
Me and @Smokes maintain a hard line on that matter, from which we cannot be swayed

giphy.gif

Yes Sir.
upload_2023-5-4_20-58-4.png

Why? It kinda sucked. I thought it was Daredevil writer sherdogger.
He may have done a bit of both. But I remember him talking about it on a thread. And how the show had like 15 writers, and the head writers always had to change shit he wrote to the point by the time it made it to the scipt to shoot it didn’t make sense. All the top writers wanted to change stuff to give themselves a portion of the credit and a pat on the back.
I would say more of a stay in your lane situation. Let the writers write a coherent story.

I wonder how many shows BS like that happens with. Especially when producers and the studios get overly involved.

No one watches their comedies or late night shows anymore, so .... meh... who's to notice?

You know what Late Night Show didn't go off the air and doesn't need those writers? The #1 Late Night Show.

image.jpg

Stranger Things
GOT: HOD
I really have enjoyed Mrs. Davis, so for me that.

Yeah, there's just not much to be worried about here. Back in 07, it was a massacre. Today? Who cares? Bring in the scabs. Maybe they'll actually write something, like a mystical warthog story, that doesn't devolve into a political statement.
Yeah in 07 there were actually a lot of great shows on television. Not so much these days. I honestly spend more time watching YouTube than anything else.

<Fedor23>

@Pliny Pete already said he's worried about American Auto. Show some compassion you heartless bastards.

He may have done a bit of both. But I remember him talking about it on a thread. And how the show had like 15 writers, and the head writers always had to change shit he wrote to the point by the time it made it to the scipt to shoot it didn’t make sense. All the top writers wanted to change stuff to give themselves a portion of the credit and a pat on the back.
I would say more of a stay in your lane situation. Let the writers write a coherent story.

I wonder how many shows BS like that happens with. Especially when producers and the studios get overly involved.
If I were chief supreme head writer, the changes I'd make would be actress is fully nude here, there, there too. Residuals, please.

Oh no! Who will run our beloved franchises like Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, and Lord of the Rings into the ground now?

Union spokesman, Adam Conover (from Adam Ruins everything) had an interesting point.

His concern is that the more that writing turns into a gig economy, the more likely Hollywood writers will be trust fund babies in the first place.

If you have to be wealthy to get your foot in the door, then it will just be a career for the elites.

Once that happens, those in power will never be challenged. The "bad guys" will be those outside of the sphere of influence (i.e. 'deplorables'). Scripts will be showcasing plots where the elites are righteous and know what's best for the ignorant deplorables.

Wait -- how is that different from where we are today?

5 months later and the strike is officially over!
Woo hoo!
Hopefully the writers got a fair compensation package and can now get back to creating fun loving wholesome entertainment for the whole family to enjoy!

Oh man, I hope its not too late to save American Auto

giphy.gif

Youtube and Simpsons reruns will sustain me indefinitely. I can't be bothered to care about this.

Back