Social Hondurans vs Haitians, the underlying causes of xenophobia.

Same reason why Sammy Sosa turned himself into Neapolitan Ice Cream.

m96jjd.jpg

{<diva} Most of the people coming over the border illegally are NOT Mexican. The are largely from other South American countries and even from different continents altogether. They could apply for refugee status in Mexico but chose to force their way in through two sovereign countries and spit all over their immigration laws and borders. Just saying that most of these ppl are not even Mexican and pointing out that these ppl are largely mad at the wrong brown people.

What is your source supporting that most people crossing the Mexican border are NOT Mexican ?

m96jjd.jpg

What is your source supporting that most people crossing the Mexican border are NOT Mexican ?

The fact that they broke through the southern border at mexico... And them actually being from Honduras and other south American countries. This has been happening for awhile. But this particular group is very large that's why they are getting so much attention.

Look into the group, Pueblos sin Fronteras they are being funded by groups who's design us to undermine America. Left wing affiliated, ( Soros ).

34w74vz5glc70d5lprp2.gif

m96jjd.jpg

The fact that they broke through the southern border at mexico... And them actually being from Honduras and other south American countries. This has been happening for awhile. But this particular group is very large that's why they are getting so much attention.

Look into the group, Pueblos sin Fronteras they are being funded by groups who's design us to undermine America. Left wing affiliated, ( Soros ).

34w74vz5glc70d5lprp2.gif

Sounds like a troll job of epic scale

m96jjd.jpg

Sounds like a troll job of epic scale

<26> Yeah, it's all smoke and mirrors. There isn't a swarm of feral south Americans headed this way and the Earth is flat that bottle of Pepsi you forgot about in the trunk.

m96jjd.jpg

<26> Yeah, it's all smoke and mirrors. There isn't a swarm of feral south Americans headed this way and the Earth is flat that bottle of Pepsi you forgot about in the trunk.

I don't even think you know what a South American is, but okay.

m96jjd.jpg

I don't even think you know what a South American is, but okay.

Sounds like you don't like when people answer your stupid questions. The people in the caravan in question are mostly from Honduras. Yes Honduras is central America but caravans also are comprised of people from south America and even people from different continents altogether. Don't like it ?? Me neither, and TOO BAD.

<Fedor23> .

Isn't it proper US law that anywhere you can arrive and put foot on US soil and ask for refugee status then it must be then put through the process?

No. If you want to be considered a refugee you must ask for asylum when you approach the border. If you sneak in and hence don’t ask for asylum immediately then you are an undocumented illegal and therefore the US may prosecute you.

To put it bluntly, you have broken the law.

Are you sure?

A cuban on a make shift raft a decade ago washes up on some random US beach as they flee Cuba and they cannot apply or be considered a refugee when they make contact with Immigration?

Cuba’s different. They have been for a long time.

I don't think that is unique to Cubans. I think if it is Haitans or Dominicans washing on shore in a boat it is the same.

I think it applies to anyone from anywhere who can put foot on US soil.

Cuba is different from Haiti. There is a unique law and history with regard to Cuban refugees. They have been treated favorably. The same does not apply to Haitans. That’s just the way it is.

Cold war, back then it was a statement to have reds defect to capitalism.

I haven't taken the time to look but you are saying I won't find examples of Haitians or others washing up on US shore and claiming Refugee status and not just been arrested as invaders and actually getting put in to the process?

I still think you are wrong on this but that is just based on what I seem to remember. And to be clear I know the US will try to intercept and turn around and prevent people from putting feet on US soil so that they cannot claim Refugee status. I am speaking out people who make it to US soil, put feet on it and claim refugee status.

Catch up with this thread from 2017:

Obama to end 'wet foot, dry foot' policy for Cubans
Alan Gomez , USA TODAY
Jan. 12, 2017

636198353532313526-AP-RAFTERS-ANNIVERSARY.jpg

The Obama administration is ending the 20-year-old "wet foot, dry foot" policy that allows most Cuban migrants who reach U.S. soil to become legal permanent residents after one year.

The decision was confirmed Thursday by a congressional staffer who was briefed by the administration but was not authorized to publicly discuss the plan. The administration is expected to make a formal announcement later Thursday.

Ending the policy means Cubans will no longer receive the preferential treatment they have enjoyed for more than two decades. Migrants from all other countries who don't have a visa but are determined to enter the U.S. must sneak into the country and live their lives in fear of deportations.

However, the "wet foot, dry foot" policy has meant that Cubans who arrive in South Florida by sea or who simply present themselves at ports of entry along the southwest border are generally allowed to stay.

In exchange, Cuba has agreed to start accepting Cubans who have been issued a deportation order in the U.S., something the communist nation has refused to do for decades.

The decision comes as President Obama tries to cement his historic opening of diplomatic relations with Cuba and one week before President-elect Donald Trump takes office. Obama ended more than five decades of isolation with its Cold War foe in December 2014 and even visited the island in 2016.

Trump has said he would renegotiate the deal with Cuba, and ending the "wet foot, dry foot" policy could affect Trump's plans.

Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., who has advocated for closer ties with Cuba and was part of a U.S. delegation that returned American contractor Alan Gross after he was released from prison in Cuba, praised the move.

"Individuals on both sides of the U.S.-Cuba debate recognize and agree that ending ‘wet foot, dry foot’ is in our national interest," Flake said. "It’s a move that brings our Cuba policy into the modern era while allowing the United States to continue its generous approach to those individuals and refugees with a legitimate claim for asylum."

Cubans have received favorable treatment from the United States ever since Fidel Castro took control of the island and declared it a communist ally of the Soviet Union. Congress passed the Cuban Adjustment Act in 1966 that allowed the tens of thousands of Cubans who had already fled Castro's revolution to gain legal status in the U.S.

When the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, it left Cuba in economic ruin, prompting tens of thousands of Cubans to take to the sea for the United States on makeshift boats and rafts. As more Cubans took to sea, President Clinton decided in 1995 to enact the "wet foot, dry foot" policy that was used to end the rafter crisis.

Rumors of the end of the policy have been rampant in Cuba since the 2014 rapprochement between the two countries, prompting a surge of Cubans fleeing for the United States. In the year before Obama and Cuban President Raúl Castro announced the opening, 24,278 Cubans reached the U.S. That number nearly doubled in 2015 and climbed to 46,635 in the first 10 months of 2016, according to the Pew Research Center.

Many Cubans continue traveling to the U.S. by sea in rickety, dangerous boats built using spare parts in Cuba. But in recent years, more have taken advantage of laws that allow them to travel to Ecuador, where thousands have started the long, dangerous land voyage across Venezuela, Central America and Mexico to reach the southwest border.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nds-wet-foot-dry-foot-policy-cubans/96505172/

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/p...cy-for-cubans-fleeing-from-communism.3447695/

@Bargey, turns out this Canadian was right. I nailed it and yet another court loss for Trump. We'll see if the WH and Trump have the appetite to push for an appeal and lose again.

A federal judge on Monday ordered the Trump administration to resume accepting asylum claims from migrants no matter where or how they entered the United States, dealing at least a temporary setback to the president’s attempt to clamp down on a huge wave of Central Americans crossing the border.
United States District Court in San Francisco issued a temporary restraining order that blocks the government from carrying out a new rule that denies protections to people who enter the country illegally. ...

“Whatever the scope of the president’s authority, he may not rewrite the immigration laws to impose a condition that Congress has expressly forbidden,”

Cite

----------------

Is not walking up to any US.border, stepping foot on the ground and declaring yourself a refugee for consideration the front door?

I’m talking about the law. In practice people are not arrested every time they jump the border or wash ashore. This is normal for a country the size and the appeal of the US.

Yes - that’s fine as long as you go to a port or gateway of entry to do that.

I don't think that is unique to Cubans. I think if it is Haitans or Dominicans washing on shore in a boat it is the same.

I think it applies to anyone from anywhere who can put foot on US soil.

Well, civilizations that did mass scale sacrifices folded relatively quickly after conquest, while less "advanced" civilizations that didnt developed a complex religion were far harder to pacify.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chichimeca_War

I dont think its inequality as much as lack of governance couple that with the civil wars and the drug wars and you may get a picture.

Mexico wasnt that violent until the drug war started.

Argentina, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, among the larger nations have low murder rates. In Mexico murders are concentrated in a few select cities while overall the country is relatively peaceful.

Africa is also pretty violent when there is weak governance, the average simply falls down due to the super authoritarian countries.

Yeah, these cultural/racial/biological explanations don't provide much.

Looking at the murder rate in Latin America, you have the whitest and one of the richest countries (Argentina) right next to the most indigenous and one of the poorest (Bolivia), both with very low rates. Ecuador, Chile and Cuba (all three with very different racial and ethnic compositions) are even lower and right alongside many Eastern European countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

@Bargey, turns out this Canadian was right. I nailed it and yet another court loss for Trump. We'll see if the WH and Trump have the appetite to push for an appeal and lose again.

A federal judge on Monday ordered the Trump administration to resume accepting asylum claims from migrants no matter where or how they entered the United States, dealing at least a temporary setback to the president’s attempt to clamp down on a huge wave of Central Americans crossing the border.
United States District Court in San Francisco issued a temporary restraining order that blocks the government from carrying out a new rule that denies protections to people who enter the country illegally. ...

“Whatever the scope of the president’s authority, he may not rewrite the immigration laws to impose a condition that Congress has expressly forbidden,”

Cite

----------------
When the Supreme Court decides that the Executive no longer possesses their mandated powers under the Constitution then come tell me you were right.

When the Supreme Court decides that the Executive no longer possesses their mandated powers under the Constitution then come tell me you were right.
what do you mean? As it stands right now and at the time we discussed this, any person who could put foot on US soil and assk for Asylum, no matter if they come through a legit port or not, has to be considered through the process.

Could that change in a future court ruling or if the Congress changes the rules, yes. but right now as things are they must be put into the asylum process as i thought.

“...Whatever the scope of the president’s authority, he may not rewrite the immigration laws to impose a condition that Congress has expressly forbidden,” Mr. Tigar wrote in his order..."
cite

what do you mean? As it stands right now and at the time we discussed this, any person who could put foot on US soil and assk for Asylum, no matter if they come through a legit port or not, has to be considered through the process.

Could that change in a future court ruling or if the Congress changes the rules, yes. but right now as things are they must be put into the asylum process as i thought.

“...Whatever the scope of the president’s authority, he may not rewrite the immigration laws to impose a condition that Congress has expressly forbidden,” Mr. Tigar wrote in his order..."
cite
If you read that article properly you would see that the plaintiff had no standing or indeed no case under the constitution. One District Court Judge can’t rewrite the law because he doesn’t like the Administration.

If you read that article properly you would see that the plaintiff had no standing or indeed no case under the constitution. One District Court Judge can’t rewrite the law because he doesn’t like the Administration.
NIce opinion. It is not fact. And i take the Federal's judge interpretation over yours, no offense intended. Sherdog posters tend to have a habit of pretending they know the law better and can interpret the law better than Federal Judges.

The court ruling stands based on this

But the rule overhauled longstanding asylum laws that ensure people fleeing persecution can seek safety in the United States, regardless of how they entered the country...

“The court made clear that the administration does not have the power to override Congress and that, absent judicial intervention, real harm will occur.”

Maybe they appeal. Maybe they win or change things in a higher court. But the current law stands until then and applied prior.

Back