• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How bad would prime BJ have beaten Conor?

Conor wins first round KO. Are you kidding me? BJ Penn was great for his time. That was the past in a very new sport the newer athletes always win.
I kinda doubt that. One thing prime BJ had was a beard. If Conor used his reach he might pick him apart and win via late stoppage or decision. If he lets BJ get in close he would probably lose via sub.

Yeah bro I've seen him fight. Have you seen Conor's left hand ?

11_Penn_Diaz_32.jpg
Sure have. I watched Nate survive 7 rounds of it. Penn had a chin better than that

Come on this is a joke thread? Conor keeps his distance and tkos him easy, like really easy does no one agree?

BJ would have to go all wrassling or he'd get punked.

Conor rocks BJ standing, and BJ can't take Conor down. Conor by TKO round 2.

Penn has a chin on par with the Diaz bros. It might be decided by who has the better gas tank.

Edgar's speed always bothered BJ and threw him off. Conor doesn't have that kind of speed
The speed gave him timing problems, Conor is deceptively quick and is even harder to time, BJ would need a takedown or he's fucked.

Edgar's speed always bothered BJ and threw him off. Conor doesn't have that kind of speed

He lost 3 times in a row man. If Conor lost 3 times in a row to anyone his haters would be all over him as the most over rated fighter of all time. But we're still somehow talking about BJ Penn?!?!?? His best wins were against Matt Hughes, Kenny Florian and Diego Sanchez for christ sakes. If you think those guys are better than Aldo, Mendes, Alvarez, Holloway and Diaz then maybe you're onto something. But you're not.

BJ's got nothing for Conor on the feet. Unless he can get Conor to the ground and fast, its gonna be ugly. Conor has the better gas tank and the better striking. Plus his takedown defense is stupid good.

Can there be this many trolls and/or deluded fanboys?

It's like the Twiglight Zone in here. You fuckers give Heavies posters a bad name.

Only been watching since 2011 & BJ has looked awful in the few fights I saw - Diaz & Rory,etc. He's looked like a guy who made a name for himself in a new sport where nobody knew what they doing, & then ran into real professionals

He lost 3 times in a row man. If Conor lost 3 times in a row to anyone his haters would be all over him as the most over rated fighter of all time. But we're still somehow talking about BJ Penn?!?!?? His best wins were against Matt Hughes, Kenny Florian and Diego Sanchez for christ sakes. If you think those guys are better than Aldo, Mendes, Alvarez, Holloway and Diaz then maybe you're onto something. But you're not.
Matt Hughes is one of the ten best fighters ever

Back