Social How come most black people are Democrats?

When the GOP came out against civil rights and voting rights you had Barry Goldwater calling it "Communistic"... That was a wrap for Black people voting Republican en masse.

It's like...

"Yeah... We know you want to be treated the same and be able to vote just like every other citizen in the country, but... Nah."

When I was a boy here in the Deep South, I was at the doctor. My mom took me around the back and I thought I was about to get a spanking. She said, "read that sign."

There was a sign on the ground near a bricked over doorway on the wall and the sign said... "Colored entrance only." She told me, "Son, when you were a baby, I HAD to bring you in through here because we weren't allowed in the front door. Don't ever forget this."

The GOP has carried that torch loud and proud and I want no part of it.

29906170001_5538869367001_5538869202001-vs.jpg

From the "Unite The Right" rally^ and something tells me those guys with the flags and hoods don't vote Democrat.

Also with voter suppression/purges going off the rails here in GA. You couldn't pay me to vote Republican.

Yes, I am a Black man and I refuse to vote against my own self-interests or those of my wife and son.
I'm from the North and yes we did have white surpremcy here in Indiana until 1992. I never understood why they where allowed to come. I would ask my mom are this people going to kill Daquan who was one of my best friends at the time. Look I get where you coming from to a point but at the same time not all conservatives are like this. I just look at the bigger picture. Both parties don't give a crap about most of us. Most of them are over paid actors IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
The over use of calling everything racist, when it isn't, will actually be a good thing in the long run.

What you said was racist. The fact you can’t see it tells me all I need to know about you. Apparently it’s not just the statement that is racist.

When the GOP came out against civil rights and voting rights you had Barry Goldwater calling it "Communistic"... That was a wrap for Black people voting Republican en masse.

It's like...

"Yeah... We know you want to be treated the same and be able to vote just like every other citizen in the country, but... Nah."

When I was a boy here in the Deep South, I was at the doctor. My mom took me around the back and I thought I was about to get a spanking. She said, "read that sign."

There was a sign on the ground near a bricked over doorway on the wall and the sign said... "Colored entrance only." She told me, "Son, when you were a baby, I HAD to bring you in through here because we weren't allowed in the front door. Don't ever forget this."

The GOP has carried that torch loud and proud and I want no part of it.

29906170001_5538869367001_5538869202001-vs.jpg

From the "Unite The Right" rally^ and something tells me those guys with the flags and hoods don't vote Democrat.

Also with voter suppression/purges going off the rails here in GA. You couldn't pay me to vote Republican.

Yes, I am a Black man.

No doubt the past is full of blatant systemic racism to the absolute fucking extreme.

Now all we have to deal with for the most part is just a small number of jackasses who will never be able to stop any black person from succeeding nor doing whatever it is they want in life.

The two party system is way more damaging today than any racism still around, not to mention all kinds of issues that really matter like healthcare, mental illness/drug addiction, the continual eroding of opportunity for people to pursue and a handful of other issues etc....

Seeing as you live in the South, do you really think a handful of low IQ racist rednecks is a major issue in today's world?

When I lived in the South I never thought it was an issue worth my time.

This looks like you don't want to be a racist:
Far from racist.
Nothing wrong with seeing the damage Democrats have done to Black Americans.

But this looks like you are a racist:
Because they like to be told poor baby, it isn't your fault, and let me get you a bunch of free stuff to make up for it.

Guaranteed votes, so why change.

They seem to be getting sucked into identity politics a lot. They look at narrative and empty promises over actions. Trump hasn't been bad to blacks. Obama hasn't been good to blacks, he just caused a bunch of more division. Yet 99/100 of them would blindly pick Obama over Trump. It's hard to really understand.

In 2020 they literally have a light skinned half Indian woman running as VP while she's pretending to be black. I'd be pissed off is somebody just pretended to be my race to try and pander to me. It's insulting.

What's with this weird thing where people just cry racism out of nowhere in almost any situation?
If you can’t see it I can’t help you. Dude literally said black votes are bought just like hookers, because they don’t want to work and just want free shit. That’s not racist?

I guess that you’re one of those people who think accusations of racism are a worse thing than the actual racism itself. In that case I’m sure you’d never make baseless accusations of racism.

Oh wait... here’s you calling a BLM mural racist:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...lack-lives-matter’-mural-in-new-york.4119409/
Government funded Marxist racist mural.

Jesus, how the mighty have fallen.
<6>

If you can’t see it I can’t help you. Dude literally said black votes are bought just like hookers, because they don’t want to work and just want free shit. That’s not racist?

I guess that you’re one of those people who think accusations of racism are a worse thing than the actual racism itself. In that case I’m sure you’d never make baseless accusations of racism.

Oh wait... here’s you calling a BLM mural racist:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...lack-lives-matter’-mural-in-new-york.4119409/

<6>

Racist people treat people differently based on race. Do you know whether he thinks the same about white trailer park trash, white liberal arts college students racking up big debts or latinos on welfare? Saying something negative about a certain group =/= racism.

Democrats pander to blacks a lot, in a way that's buying votes. Nothing untruthful or racist about that assertion.

Serious question I'm not trolling or trying to get outta pocket...

I'm cuban & most of us are Republicans for said reasons
( im not getting into that now)

So why do most black people swing left ?

Why are So Many Black Voters
Democrats, Even When They Aren’t Liberal?
Well, for one thing, the traditional values that most black Americans were at one time raised on stopped being transmitted from one generation to another with the breakdown of the black family, including the dramatic plunge in black marriage rates and the huge rise in teen pregnancy and single-motherhood among black Americans. This coincided with and was probably facilitated by LBJ's Great Society programs, which, whatever their intention, arguably marginalized the importance of black fathers. The Great Migration, in which blacks moved en masse from the South to the North in search of opportunities may have also served to alienate them from the cultural values of previous generations, while exposing them to all the dangers and temptations of urban life, all complicated of course, by the difficulties guaranteed by their skin color.

Couple that with the fact that lower income blacks, while not as in touch with the values of their prior generations by fractured family unit, are largely at the mercy of the public school system for their education as well as the media and you have the recipe for a people who are going to be exposed almost exclusively to leftist thought while at the same time being increasingly alienated from cultural institutions such as the black church and the family values of the past.

My mother is a die-hard Democrat, but at the same time, at 79, she is still, in many ways, steeped in the cultural traditions of Southern blacks. What many people take to be "authentic" black culture is largely alien to her and it would absolutely horrify my grandmother. Many blacks of past generations, such as my grandmother, would never, ever put party loyalty above their faith; near death, she had determined to vote for George W. Bush, convinced of his character and most importantly, of his piety. Those cultural values, including the strong role of the Church, in some ways served as a counter-balance to the natural pull that leftism is going to have on any discriminated minority group. Sadly, as I said, the influence of leftism, both of the pop-culture variety and the academic sort, has grown, while the black family has dissolved and the black church's influence has been eroded and is even actively fought by some.

That at least, is part of the reason why leftism has such a strong influence among blacks, in my opinion.

A more simple reason as to why most blacks vote Democrat is that, in spite of their loyalty to Lincoln's party, a majority of blacks were convinced by the promises of Roosevelt's New Deal to vote Democrat. In that case, the switch was born of a perceived economic necessity. Later on, although far more Republics supported Civil Rights and integration than did Democrats, Barry Goldwater voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and earned the ire of Martin Luther King, further cementing the Democrat hold on black voters.

There was also the nascent radicalism of the 60's that grew into a significant force, gaining power and authority from the momentum of the Civil Rights movement. Black and white volunteers who joined less radical groups like SNCC to help register black voters in the South were in fact murdered by racists and even the victims of car bombs in some instances. These legitimate and profound grievances, not to mention the site of non-violent protesters beaten by police, certainly fed into the fury that led people--including my Aunt--to join avowedly Marxist groups such as the Black Panthers.

Unfortunately, after the 60's, their influence remained and was reinforced by a sort of one-two punch of Tupac Shakur on the TV and Assata Shakur in the classroom. Meanwhile, for reasons I already mentioned, the prior traditional values--which didn't stop blacks from voting Democrat but did stymie the cultural dominance of leftism--became ever weaker.

Democrats pander to blacks a lot, in a way that's buying votes. Nothing untruthful or racist about that assertion.

Democrats have been playing the identity politics game ever since Andrew Jackson, you could argue.

Kinda like the way Trump pandered to Blacks with the Platinum Plan?

A lot of us want to vote republican. But then see these dudes at republican events and it turns people away.

7011750_white_power_anaheim_rally.jpg
I'm black and I'm Republican but I really feel that this undeniably true. I don't know what's going on, but I'll read an article that has nothing to do with race from a conservative and so often, the comments section is full of the sort of crap that would be perfectly at home on a white power forum.

The thing is, it isn't that there is this awesome group of people called conservatives who are better than leftists. It's that leftism itself sucks, even if it attracts perfectly good and idealistic people armed with legitimate gripes. Of course, that's a hard case to make when some of the people opposing it are Alt-Right clowns, Neo-Nazis and Neo-Confederates.

Kinda like the way Trump pandered to Blacks with the Platinum Plan?

Sure, Trump has pandered to a lot of groups as well. As do all politicians. It's one of the bad qualities about democracies.

I'm black and I'm Republican but I really feel that this undeniably true. I don't know what's going on, but I'll read an article that has nothing to do with race from a conservative and so often, the comments section is full of the sort of crap that would be perfectly at home on a white power forum.

The thing is, it isn't that there is this awesome group of people called conservatives who are better than leftists. It's that leftism itself sucks, even if it attracts perfectly good and idealistic people armed with legitimate gripes. Of course, that's a hard case to make when some of the people opposing it are Alt-Right clowns, Neo-Nazis and Neo-Confederates.

I can't stand how both parties can't just outright call out the extremists on their side.

Yeah. Biden couldn't really run on policy because his policy isn't as popular as someone like Bernie. So he had to run on not being Trump. And that's why people voted for him. Because Trump ran a divisive campaign when people were looking for unifying policies and messages. The Biden campaign strategy was to hide and let Trump hang himself. Brilliant strategy and execution given the circumstances.
I guess whatever works was the strategy and it I guess it worked out just fine.
Overall the political climate seems to be filled with divisive rhetoric, extreme viewpoints and and just ham-handed social media talking points aren't helping anyone to come together, quite the contrary as the deep end of both left and right are only good for the shock value. It's gonna take quite a lot to start bringing it together under a positive message and I don't see many out there doing it.

Racist people treat people differently based on race. Do you know whether he thinks the same about white trailer park trash, white liberal arts college students racking up big debts or latinos on welfare? Saying something negative about a certain group =/= racism.
Are you fucking retarded?

Serious question I'm not trolling or trying to get outta pocket...

I'm cuban & most of us are Republicans for said reasons
( im not getting into that now)

So why do most black people swing left ?

Why are So Many Black Voters
Democrats, Even When They Aren’t Liberal?
Easy answer.

The Democratic party was responsible for slavery and Jim Crow. So, black people voted Republican.

Then Nixon initiated the "Southern Strategy" when he was running for president.

"In American politics, the Southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans.[1][2][3] As the civil rights movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South who had traditionally supported the Democratic Party rather than the Republican Party. It also helped to push the Republican Party much more to the right."

After the Southern Strategy, the Republican party and the Democratic party switched demographics. Previously red areas turned blue, and previously blue areas turned red. The South used to be firmly Democratic. That's why it's Republican now.

The Southern Strategy happened. Now, black people vote Democratic.

Think about how crazy it would be if California turned red and Mississippi turned blue today. It seems insane but it happened 50 years ago. That's why I don't think the Republican party is doomed. Under current policies and current/ future demographic changes, yes it is doomed. But things change. Eventually the Republican party will reinvent itself to be less racist, just like it reinvented itself to be more racist in the 1960s!

I also predict that, as the Republican party becomes less racist in the future, the Democratic party will continue to become more racist against white and Asian people. The woke people will drive away hispanic and Asian voters if the Republican party can give them a non-racist alternative (it currently does not).

This is entirely from an outsiders point of view:

Because historically republicans were on some bullshit in regards to blacks.

Because the messaging of the republican party in the US has always featured the lack of empathy for historical stressors that have affected blacks in a now roiling globalized enviornment.

Becaue of the wilful dereliction in terms of self-policing the most odious elements of their party (from Strom Thurmond to David Duke to Rush Limbangh and ever onward) drove them into the arms of the democrats.

Mis-spent cultural captial: What the fuck do you think the response will be to the whole "dindu nuffin" bullshit that the right-wing would titter about?

For years you called Serena Williams and Obama's woman a tranny, compared her to a gorilla. At every oppertunity you tripped over your dicks to gorf police-dick even when they were clearly in the wrong in terms of professional conduct towards black Americans. Who in their right mind want to throw their lot in with people that scream "thug" at a Sanford educated black man playing football because he gets loud after making the play of his life?

The thing is I know for a fact the democrats and libs are no better or perhaps even worse: dressing in blackface, approving legistation the expidites the the school to jail pipleine, "you ain't black", the racism of low expectaion and infantilization of our struggle sanded down to a Nike ad.

But they are canny enough to toss some sugar on their game. Even though the result might be empty calories for blacks who gobble their bullshit blandishments

Fertile groud to grow the BLM\Wokerati bullshit that has infested the left. Easy pickings for the disaffected blacks in America. Even though they're gonna get fuck-all.

It is not just about the black vote but more generally about a host of people who spend zero time understanding the political and economic motivations and needs of black America. Despite their obvious and intentional ignorance, they still insist that they know the "real" problems facing black America. The self-same people who will hold up American history that is hundreds of years old to support American exceptionalism but then insist that history of a few decades is too old to matter now. The type of people who ask why is black America and the Dems are always talking about race but also turn every news story that they can into a personal commentary about race.

These people are clowns and their behavior is the type of thing that needs to be argued against vociferously.

Fair enough and that's enough justification for debate if I ever knew any.
The overall problematic with citing history is that we are all choosing exactly how far / how deep we want to dig to support our view points : I'm not talking purely in the context of American societal issues (but also about that) but in a broader sense of searching explanations for today's statuses from the previous timeline and the problems of interpretation. You can be a scholar and totally biased as we all choose our sources, the depth and variety of them included ; opinions and interpretations based on our own "research" and "knowledge".
And sure, in order to understand what's going on today you're obliged to understand the events that lead to it. But there's a big difference in justification and understanding.
All this makes for a good debate I guess.

This looks like you don't want to be a racist:

But this looks like you are a racist:
Rightwingers , the sort that are active online, feign this concern for Black Americans and love to point out the Democrats were the party of the KKK and want to keep Blacks on the plantation while simultanously opposing civil rights issues , opposing the takedown of Confederate statues and schools taking a critical look at America's past.

Back