How do you see Jon Jones winning

People forget Jones has multiple submissions on his record, and all of them were very crafty.
People also forget that Jones is not the same fighter he was when he first became champion, he's also not juiced like he used to be either.

I mean, Jones hasn't submitted anyone in over 10 years and the only 2 finishes he has in his last 9 fights he had popped for steroids.

This so called toughest sport sure does attract the most emotional, melodramatic, mentally weak and extremely fragile fans.
Oh, you should have been here the night that GSP beat the shit out of B.J. Penn in the rematch..

I just watched the Ngannou-Gane fight again, what a snoozefest! Jones by 2-3 rd. ground and pound TKO. Also, after watching that fight, Ngannou's stand up sucked. He has zero chance against Fury, and I doubt that fight will ever happen.

Will it be his usually dominant style of kicking knees, poking eyes, crippling elbows and elite wrestling?

or will he try to bum rush Gane intoxicated on his new found strength* and size?

* no PED jokes please we all already know Jones is allowed to dope with a pulsing exemption.

Okay I'm going to be a negative Nancy and I'm just going to say modern heavyweights completely suck for the most part. Judging by your join date you would probably agree cuz you got to see guys Nog Cro cop and Fedor.

Vintage Jones wrestling should easily win him the fight but the Jones we’ve seen for a while now risks getting out pointed or finished by a career heavyweight. Not that I think he’s going to win, but it’s Jones. It’s not a scrub fighting Gane.

Takedown and submission. One thing about Jones that doesn’t get talked about is how mentally strong he is. He doesn’t give up, and he is ice cold. I couldn’t kick peoples’ knees or try to destroy their shoulder like he did against Glover. He seems kinda like a psychopath in some ways, in that he doesn’t seem like he has empathy. He is a scary guy for anyone to face.

People also forget that Jones is not the same fighter he was when he first became champion, he's also not juiced like he used to be either.

I mean, Jones hasn't submitted anyone in over 10 years and the only 2 finishes he has in his last 9 fights he had popped for steroids.

Notable points.

And its very questionable how his frame will handle the extra 40 pounds, and no one gets faster.

Meanwhile, Gane moves like a middleweight.

Its been so long since we have seen jones, and some of his last fights could of gone either way.

Jones is like Aldo, when the new testing started, he wasnt nearly as dominate.

I expect him to stay ranged and winning with points like 8 of his last 9 fights... He isnt nearly what he used to be. DC broke this man

"DC broke this man"

<JonesLaugh>

The usual Jones path to victory.....allowed to juice.,,,,.allowed to eye poke

This is a much more favourable fight for Jones than the Ngannou one imo

Takedown and submission. One thing about Jones that doesn’t get talked about is how mentally strong he is. He doesn’t give up, and he is ice cold. I couldn’t kick peoples’ knees or try to destroy their shoulder like he did against Glover. He seems kinda like a psychopath in some ways, in that he doesn’t seem like he has empathy. He is a scary guy for anyone to face.
Look at his reaction when he was told he broke OSP arm:

He's a scumbag and he can't hide it lmao. I love it.

Really I think the grappling is a big unknown, what level Jon is at, what level Gane is at are far from certain so making any firm prediction on that is difficult.

Standing I think actually Jones should be more aggressive than he normally is, Gane's defence is still a bit iffy to me being very upright at points so some serious overhands close in I could see having success ala Tai, was impressive vs Francis but there is the possibility that was due in part of Ngannou's knee being messed up preventing him from pressuring Gane as much.

A battle of jabs and lowkicks is playing into Gane's hands IMHO and I'm guessing he will also not be that vulnerable to elbows.

Jon wins and then fails drugs test is the best result for Sherdog.

Submission, americana or something. His GNP isn't gonna be as effective at HW where guys like Gane are equally long/big - it relied upon long, raking elbows and forearms over the top where guys simply couldn't block.

People aren't mentioning this is the first time Jon is fighting someone with a comparable fight IQ.

Back