International How Do you think AOC handled this?

How did AOC handle this?

• Poorly

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • As well as you possibly could

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
I was banging hot 30 year olds in my early 20s... quit being a pansy, take that into perspective.
Don't overcompensate because of your small peepee. It's still perspective. I thought older women were sexy when I was in my 20s. Most of my friends thought they were ancient relics.

I don't know enough about your views on everything, but I would have suspected maybe that's right.

I think liberalism is consistent with a strong safety net or even a high level of public ownership (like with a social wealth fund), and thus one can be liberal and pretty far on the left. But a lot of far leftists don't agree and think that a market-based economy necessarily creates strong hierarchies.

I defined the two of us the way I did because I'm getting older and have been a lot less concerned with the economy and a lot more with the belief that the community should be FAR more invested in taking care of people.

I'm getting a little bitter and it seems like a hell of a lot of people these days don't care in the slightest about other human beings, especially if those others are even slightly different from them. Joke's on me, people have ALWAYS been that way.

There's a new crime mega thread here which is one of the most offensive things I have ever seen, it's just a place where people can post crimes from minorities and immigrants. This is the only place I have ever spent time where that would have been allowed, anywhere else it would have been immediately deleted for what it is. A hate thread. It's the Libs of Tik Tok model, creating a paradigm where all the "others" are dangerous degenerates.

Not going to lie, this stuff is radicalizing me.

Anyways, you've always seemed like a liberal to me, but also a decent human being who cares about others (in a practical, less idealized way).

Which is old as fuck if you're a very young man. Like I said before, perspective.

Not sure if you're older than me (I'm fifty-six) but women her age are an abstract to me. My subconscious knows a girl half my age that is an option either has daddy issues or heads in her freezer.

Don't overcompensate because of your small peepee. It's still perspective. I thought older women were sexy when I was in my 20s. Most of my friends thought they were ancient relics.
Ok, champ. I didn't realize you weren't even the guy I quoting?

Please spread your highly enlightened perspective elsewhere.

I defined the two of us the way I did because I'm getting older and have been a lot less concerned with the economy and a lot more with the belief that the community should be FAR more invested in taking care of people.

I'm getting a little bitter and it seems like a hell of a lot of people these days don't care in the slightest about other human beings, especially if those others are even slightly different from them. Joke's on me, people have ALWAYS been that way.

There's a new crime mega thread here which is one of the most offensive things I have ever seen, it's just a place where people can post crimes from minorities and immigrants. This is the only place I have ever spent time where that would have been allowed, anywhere else it would have been immediately deleted for what it is. A hate thread. It's the Libs of Tik Tok model, creating a paradigm where all the "others" are dangerous degenerates.

Not going to lie, this stuff is radicalizing me.

Anyways, you've always seemed like a liberal to me, but also a decent human being who cares about others (in a practical, less idealized way).
What really upsets me about political extremists, and I know if this applies to you, is just the bleakness of the world view. I understand that there are problems in the world, now and always. Some even getting worse. But extreme poverty is done around the globe, liberty is on the long-term rise, starvation is down, it's been a long time since we've had a great-power war anywhere, etc. In America, people are better off financially up and down the distribution than ever before, we're freer than ever, we're not at war, we have more access to knowledge, legal discrimination on the basis of sex, race, and sexual orientation is mostly a thing of the past--the world keeps getting better. But on the far right, they see nothing but decline and leftists seem to think that admitting that we live in a great time is tantamount to hanging a Mission Accomplished banner on the ship of state. The theory is that we have to stay miserable so we'll keep fighting. I think A) it's not true and we should endeavor to only say things that are true and B) recognizing what we've accomplished so far should motivate us to do more. Doomerism is a major demotivator.

What really upsets me about political extremists, and I know if this applies to you, is just the bleakness of the world view. I understand that there are problems in the world, now and always. Some even getting worse. But extreme poverty is done around the globe, liberty is on the long-term rise, starvation is down, it's been a long time since we've had a great-power war anywhere, etc. In America, people are better off financially up and down the distribution than ever before, we're freer than ever, we're not at war, we have more access to knowledge, legal discrimination on the basis of sex, race, and sexual orientation is mostly a thing of the past--the world keeps getting better. But on the far right, they see nothing but decline and leftists seem to think that admitting that we live in a great time is tantamount to hanging a Mission Accomplished banner on the ship of state. The theory is that we have to stay miserable so we'll keep fighting. I think A) it's not true and we should endeavor to only say things that are true and B) recognizing what we've accomplished so far should motivate us to do more. Doomerism is a major demotivator.

I'm not a doomer and I appreciate how much better things are now than they have ever been before.

That said, things are a lot worse for under classes than they should be and current wealth disparity feels a lot like a new gilded age. It amazes me that so many people insist on voting against their own best interests.

One video on social media isn't really evidence of any trend and doesn't say anything about frequency, true. But I think that is the dynamic that we see a lot--with the far left completely rejecting meliorist politics and expressing more vitriol toward normal liberals than they do toward the right. Hard to quantify it, but I think it's way, way more common to see internecine conflict on the left than on the right, in part because there's just way less space between the extreme and the mainstream on the right.

Because its personal. Thats why we have more vitriol. Leftists knew republicans were their enemys from the beginning and probably have not hung out or interacted with very many of them. But Leftists in the US were mostly "normal liberals" who mostly interacted with "normal liberals" and became leftists because of how much they hated them. In the US one isn't born a leftist unless their parents were they become a leftist because of their experiences dealing with normal american liberals.

Yeah because the mainstream of the right(which you are a part of) is fascism. Freudian slip there. Since fascists pretend to be on the left yes they are going to be worlds apart.

Because its personal. Thats why we have more vitriol. Leftists knew republicans were their enemys from the beginning and probably have not hung out or interacted with very many of them. But Leftists in the US were mostly "normal liberals" who mostly interacted with "normal liberals" and became leftists because of how much they hated them. In the US one isn't born a leftist unless their parents were they become a leftist because of their experiences dealing with normal american liberals.

Yeah because the mainstream of the right(which you are a part of) is fascism. Freudian slip there. Since fascists pretend to be on the left yes they are going to be worlds apart.
What was your Freudian slip?

Fascists definitely don't pretend to be on the left. They are right out there. As I said, you should hope you don't get your way and see today's right completely take over.

Only neo Nazis or Klan members call people like me a racist.
you're a racist POS. you speak of African Americans as if they are infants, you know jack shit about red lining and you're an inveterate liar.

I'm pretty sure you're trolling. either way, fuck off

Which is old as fuck if you're a very young man. Like I said before, perspective.
Depends upon how very young you mean, IMHO. Very young like 13 or 14, sure, but it seems pretty dumb coming from any adult, to me.

Lol at people just walking around staring at their phones trying to get reactions out of people so they can post it on social media.

They should have their phones shoved up their asses and left there.
For real. I'm not a fan of hers but fucking can't stand people like that

Far right is just a bit different. Outside of kkk types I am not sure what other far right stuff is coming up or is popular. They don't tend to protest as much and don't have the visibility typically. I think telling people what they want to hear is exactly what many people do now and why everything is charged so they get clicks, viewership and thus money. There are few who look at anything else percentage wise.
I'd say instead of protesting they're attending Trump rallies.

you're a racist POS. you speak of African Americans as if they are infants, you know jack shit about red lining and you're an inveterate liar.

I'm pretty sure you're trolling. either way, fuck off

Yeah, that's a white supremacist position you have there.

I have never said they were less capable, I have only said racist pieces of garbage like you work against them. People like you have been singing that song since before emancipation.

Please, educate this forum on the truth about redlining.

Depends upon how very young you mean, IMHO. Very young like 13 or 14, sure, but it seems pretty dumb coming from any adult, to me.
You can't really make an argument about this. It's like ice cream. To each his own.

Back