How good/bad are eggs for you?

I recently read eggs are a good source for some nutrient I forgot.

I like eggs, tasty, fit well with many recipes, they're filled with protein. I never had any problem eating them.

If you have high cholesterol, avoid eating too many whole eggs. While there doesn’t seem to be consensus on the impact of dietary cholesterol on blood cholesterol, the science is settled with respect to saturated fat, of which eggs have plenty. Yolks I should say. Egg whites are practically pure protein so have as many of those as you want.

The whole eggs will raise cholesterol was a belief back in the day, but now we know that is completely incorrect. Eggs are high in dietary cholesterol so we used to stupidly believe that eating that will raise our body's cholesterol.

But those are 2 different things - dietary cholesterol and cholesterol levels in the body. Extensive research has now shown that dietary cholesterol plays no part in the development of cardio vascular disease.

Instead now we know that dietary cholesterol is quite good for you and make up the building blocks of key hormones (including testosterone) and cell membranes.

Cool trick - eat 4-5 eggs right before a good night's sleep. You'll be super horny the next day.

Last edited:
Scrambled Egg pride World wide.

I dont eat it every day,but 3 times a week at least.

Eggs have so many health benefits, they're an eggcellent source of protein. Okay, I made a yolk, sorry. But they are super foods, imo.

Except that eating egg makes a vegan no longer a vegan.
Sure. But i am distinguishing between the 'ethical vegan' ethos and just someone who is 'vegan'.

I am saying if you examine the ethos or logic or foundational reasoning for ethical vegans when it comes to what they ear it is based on a premise of 'do no harm to animals'. That leads them to 'eat no animals (meat)', and then was extended to 'eat no animal byproducts (cheese, milk, etc) because the systems of farming them also abuse the animals'.

So the ethical vegan reason is an extension of 'avoiding harm to animals', and not eating meat is simply an extension of that.

Picking up the eggs free range chickens lay does no harm. They are going to lay them regardless as that is the chickens period of fertility cycle waste. It is wasteful to just throw them away and not utilize them.

Similarly meat is on the verge of simply being manufactured in the way the Star Trek replicators does it, which means no harmful antibiotics or hormones in the meat. No animals harmed or killed in the process as it is all just cloned. That too will put ethical vegans to the question. Why would they not eat that 'meat' if it does no harm if the underlying logic of their position is now not an issue? Especially the ones who seek faux meat such as the "Beyond Meat' products who prove they truly crave meat?

Surely some will just not want meat and that is fine. Some may also think it is healthier to not eat meat (inaccurate) and that is fine. And some may just prefer 'no meat' as a choice, also fine. But once 'harm' is eliminated the 'ethical' component, no longer exists as a factor it will be interesting to see how that group (typically the most hardcore vegans) will react.

The thing that really annoys me about nutritional science is that they are not cut and dry like basic math. There is still no consensus about whether eating saturated fat increases chance of cardiovascular diseases or how much cholesterol is safe. And this debate get further muddled by the carnivores vs vegan conflict as a lot of vegans want to portray fat and cholesterol as negatively as possible while the meat eaters want to make them totally harmless. I just wanted to know one way or another.

rocky-sylvester-stallone.gif

Sure. But i am distinguishing between the 'ethical vegan' ethos and just someone who is 'vegan'.

I am saying if you examine the ethos or logic or foundational reasoning for ethical vegans when it comes to what they ear it is based on a premise of 'do no harm to animals'. That leads them to 'eat no animals (meat)', and then was extended to 'eat no animal byproducts (cheese, milk, etc) because the systems of farming them also abuse the animals'.

So the ethical vegan reason is an extension of 'avoiding harm to animals', and not eating meat is simply an extension of that.

Picking up the eggs free range chickens lay does no harm. They are going to lay them regardless as that is the chickens period of fertility cycle waste. It is wasteful to just throw them away and not utilize them.

Similarly meat is on the verge of simply being manufactured in the way the Star Trek replicators does it, which means no harmful antibiotics or hormones in the meat. No animals harmed or killed in the process as it is all just cloned. That too will put ethical vegans to the question. Why would they not eat that 'meat' if it does no harm if the underlying logic of their position is now not an issue? Especially the ones who seek faux meat such as the "Beyond Meat' products who prove they truly crave meat?

Surely some will just not want meat and that is fine. Some may also think it is healthier to not eat meat (inaccurate) and that is fine. And some may just prefer 'no meat' as a choice, also fine. But once 'harm' is eliminated the 'ethical' component, no longer exists as a factor it will be interesting to see how that group (typically the most hardcore vegans) will react.
Wait I think I’m missing something. The egg hatches and becomes a chicken. How is eating it prior to then doing no harm?

Currently I'm avoiding eggs and feeling better for doing so. I'm avoiding a bunch of stuff to try and improve my stomach health so can't say for sure what is helping me but do know that eating eggs will cause sores to form on my tongue and my finger nails to pit. So something bad happens when I eat eggs.

Wait I think I’m missing something. The egg hatches and becomes a chicken. How is eating it prior to then doing no harm?
You are definitely missing something.

The egg is the chicken PERIOD, not birth. We eat the unfertilized egg that the female is discarding.

Hens will lay eggs no matter what.
Those eggs won't hatch if not fertilized.
None of the eggs you get at stores are fertilized.

You are definitely missing something.

The egg is the chicken PERIOD, not birth. We eat the unfertilized egg that the female is discarding.

Hens will lay eggs no matter what.
Those eggs won't hatch if not fertilized.
None of the eggs you get at stores are fertilized.

Ha yeah I was missing something wasn’t I?

I eat a lot of eggs and I'm a 265 6ft5 Sherdogger and in 5 days I'm a member 18 years

Last edited:
Back