How good was Anderson Silva when Chris Weidman beat him?

No, it happened because Silva had no choice but to close his eyes out of desperation. Amirite?
I don’t recall his eyes being closed the whole time, perhaps moving out of the way of a punch. Was he expecting RJJ to see his eyes closed, is that what he was thinking about during that moment?

I don’t recall his eyes being closed the whole time, perhaps moving out of the way of a punch. Was he expecting RJJ to see his eyes closed, is that what he was thinking about during that moment?

No, he was just scared and desperate because the other guy hit him once in that round. He was clearly just thinking that he had no other option than to close his eyes. Amidoingitrite?

No, he was just scared and desperate because the other guy hit him once in that round. He was clearly just thinking that he had no other option than to close his eyes. Amidoingitrite?
He took really hard shots at round 1 and beginning of round 2 weidman hit him hard behind ear. Anderson played it did not hurt him but I bet he felt that one also. Anderson had only success with leg kicks, his other attacks were ineffective regardless what statistics say.

Everybody loses at some point. I still think Anderson COULD beat Weidman.

This was Anderson perfecting his TDD against Chael:
silvastddefens.gif
Yeah I know. I mentioned in my post that the TDD improvement had an asterisk in that it involved some cheating as well. That gif is really short actually, he held the shorts much more.

Close to his prime but past it somewhat.

Its more to do with the stylistic demographics of his division. No elite wrestlers with good submission grappling or power for many years at MW.

Chock the division full of even Sonnen types let alone Weidman types rather than the 1D brawlers (Leben, Cote) / 1D BJJ guys (Maia, Lutter, Leites) / jack-of-all-trades but not elite anywhere guys (Marquardt, Okami) he feasted on, his run have would looked a lot different.

Even the LHW's were tailor made to tee-up a showcase (Irvin - to counter program Fedor on Affliction, Forrest - to build back Anderson's mystique after the Leites debacle and Bonnar - another fight to showcase for Brazilian fans)

Most people know Hendo (coming off a loss at both MW and LHW), Vitor (coming off 18 months layoff) Rich x2 and Sonnen (because it was one of the rare times he was stylistically challenged) were Anderson's best wins

Even at 9-0, a green Weidman would have given trouble to Anderson at any point in his career

Anderson was late prime but still very good.

Clearly not in his prime but still a high quality win for The Chris. Anderson had just dominated Chael the year before.
Weidman only won because of extenuating circumstances. Andy lost the fight on his own by clowning so hard. If he was serious, he would have shut the Chris down in 1-2 minutes flat. The second time was a fluke. Both of those wins have asterisks on them. I hope Chris Weidman keeps fighting and gets KO'ed until he can't make coherent sentences.

PRIME

Wideman finished what Chael started is all...Anderson was always protected from these types of fighters.

Weidman only won because of extenuating circumstances. Andy lost the fight on his own by clowning so hard. If he was serious, he would have shut the Chris down in 1-2 minutes flat. The second time was a fluke. Both of those wins have asterisks on them. I hope Chris Weidman keeps fighting and gets KO'ed until he can't make coherent sentences.
Anderson and Weidman fought for a total of 12 and a half minutes in the cage and in that time frame Silva was almost knocked out on two separate occasions, was legitimately knocked out once, barely escaped a kneebar, and had his leg broken. At literally no point in those 12 and a half minutes was Anderson ever winning, or was even remotely competitive with Weidman. 15 minutes is the normal length of time for a fight. If those two fights were the same fight, and Anderson had somehow survived, Weidman would've won a clear decision with one or two 10-8 rounds thrown in there for either a 30-26 or 30-25 victory for Weidman.

The delusion in some of you is amazing.

Last edited:
Flukes don't happen twice. Anderson wasn't winning the fight. You just seem very salty and bitter get over it

Both were fluke losses for Anderson. But he deserves some of the blame for getting cocky and clowning around.

Check his bloodwork he had the testosterone of a 15 year old

not in his prime but he also never fought anyone like Weidman in his prime. Silva fans ignore the losses pre ufc and the losses late in his career too much imo

Hendo was a good win, Okami, Franklin(but that's a great style match up) everyone else was blah
The Vitor win was blah?

I pointed out he looked much slower against Bonnar..... I predicted a Weidman victory and Anderson is my favourite fighter....He clearly didn’t have the same athleticism as when he was younger

just as good as the previous fight, when he was still supposed to be unbeatable.

Back