How is it possible...I gained weight ?

I agree that isocaloric nutrition, as you call it, is at best a rough reflection of what is actually occuring within the human body.

Glad we could agree on something.

Isocaloric nutrition is just the best available means of influencing and controlling body composition.

You're certainly entitled to this opinion.

Isocaloric nutrition mah be proven to be akin to ptolemiac astronomy in that it is able to lead to fairly reliable predictions, but is not even a remotely accurate representation of reality and underlying mechanisms.

This was my main concern. The portrayal of an accuracy that doesn't exist. Even if you believe said underlying mechanisms of a system aren't important (which has been clearly demonstrated), it doesn't mean that a broad generalization is suddenly attributable to accuracy. That's just plain not good procedure.

Why are you guys using big words and what not? Just dumb that shit down.

By definition if you eat below maintenance you will lose weight and if you eat above it you will gain weight. But maintenance is not constant and changes due to a variety of factors (one of the biggest being activity level). Hormones can throw things off and lower your maintenance as well which is why high levels of cardio with small caloric intake can actually stall weight loss.

How much weight did you gain?

Anything is possible but I'm wondering if it's really belly fat... We can't see from text.

People argue that weighing food isn't accurate still, but it's better than nothing and if you use your own weight gain/loss as a gauge, then I don't see the issue. Your diet seems pretty solid, just cut back on the quantity a bit more. How much? I have no freaking clue, go slowly, keep a food diary.

Have fun with it, view it from outside yourself, don't be emotionally invested into what you eat.

Back