How long before we see the Ngannou movie?

Writers and director will take creative liberties for the sake of higher drama and give Ngannou’s character a fear of sand. Complete with flashbacks and cinematic anxiety attacks.
They'll probably give him a litter pecker too, like Conor McGregor got.

i think francis is too calculated for a quick movie. as someone said earlier, the story aint over yet. whenever it is made, i'm sure it's going to be decent. no way francis just signs his rights/ his story away to anyone.

i think francis is too calculated for a quick movie. as someone said earlier, the story aint over yet. whenever it is made, i'm sure it's going to be decent. no way francis just signs his rights/ his story away to anyone.

Money talks the story is already made. He will have some options at least. Hollywood will be knocking at his door.

I have seen this topic discussed a bit before the Fury fight and it would have been warranted but the second ngannou dropped fury I literally said to my mate this will be a movie. This is real life rocky. Ngannou said no to big bad baldy made his money stuck to his guns an his last laugh could be a future oscar nomination.
Wouldn't be soon, but he could be played by Michael Jai White....
mjw_featured_image.jpg

He's referring to Rocky being about a boxing challenger that everyone laughed off being able to be competive against the champion, who shocked everyone.

Francis pretty much did exactly that.
Yeah but they made that movie already. Hollywood doesn’t keep making the same movies over and over again. What universe you living in???

Yeah but they made that movie already. Hollywood doesn’t keep making the same movies over and over again. What universe you living in???

I'm guessing this is sarcasm? Because they certainly do. But Francis life story beyond this boxing aspect is a story worthy of its own.

i’m sure they’ll make it. with someone like francis, producers probably think it’s better to “strike while the iron is hot.” but generally i don’t think it’s a good idea to make biopic movies until a lot of time has passed, especially positive ones. you can have a lifetime of accomplishments, but one or two fuck-ups will end up defining the entire narrative. i remember someone made a fawning biographical documentary about “the legend of ron jeremy” in the 2000’s. it got great reviews back then. fast forward 2 decades, now he’s a rapist, and pretty much everyone agrees his career ain’t worth shit. the same thing would happen if they made movies about bill cosby or lance armstrong before their scandals. information that comes out later can completely change the public’s perception of a man. it’s best to wait until time has passed, and you have a better historical perspective of what their careers really meant in the big picture. the francis story is still unfolding so we’ll see where it goes.

also, to be perfectly frank, i don’t think his story is going to resonate with people in 2023—not in the way his fans think. they’re thinking “but he went from mining sand in africa to fighting tyson fury, he had a dream, and he’s a nice guy.” it’s not that it’s a bad story, but it’s one that people have heard a lot at this point, and they are overall much more cynical than they used to be. the fresher angle has to do with his contentious relationship to ufc, because (imo) people will be able to relate to his frustrations with large institutional powers like ufc. if they focused on that, it could be meaningful. aside from that, francis’s personal success story is probably not enough to reach past the confines of a combat sports audience.

At this point you can't do one movie. Gotta either be a trilogy or a biopic series, maybe on one of the major streaming platforms.

Where are they gonna find a legitimate actor who looks like that?
Hire a normal-sized person as Francis and hire short actors/actresses for all the other roles. Make all the furniture, shovels, ceilings, cars etc on set smaller than normal so nobody can tell.

I have seen this topic discussed a bit before the Fury fight and it would have been warranted but the second ngannou dropped fury I literally said to my mate this will be a movie. This is real life rocky. Ngannou said no to big bad baldy made his money stuck to his guns an his last laugh could be a future oscar nomination.
And then lost the fight only throwing six punches in the last two rounds? Not everyone has daddy issues and hates Dana. Silly idea and a shit movie.

The UFC let one of the most insane sports/life stories walk out the door. You’d think an entertainment entity like WME would be able to do something with that. The question is, who would play Francis in a movie. Can’t think of a good actor who can physically come close enough to make it believable.

His future has so much unlocked money tumbling down into his bank accounts - his haters are going to be like jealous exes for years to come.

His future has so much unlocked money tumbling down into his bank accounts - his haters are going to be like jealous exes for years to come.
Pathway is set for him to make a 100 mill very quickly

Back