How many of you can do the Lion's Den tryout?

replace pull ups with kipping pull ups and you got a Crossfit workout

In the past I did not get along with a guy who had nostrils that were horizontal, therefore I am no friend of Vernon White.

Just curious how many people can do the tryout. There is no way I would be able to do it. Just curious if anyone could. It's pretty insane. To those who don't know what the Lions den is it's the training camp made by Ken Shamrock back in the day. The tryout consists of:
500 squats
200 push ups
200 sit ups
1.5-mile (2.4 km) run
Repeated runs up and down bleacher steps
Bear-crawls up steep hills
Lugging heavy barrels of water and sand bags up steep hills
The candidates who were still left at this point would then go on to do as many pull-ups as they can without stopping.
Candidates then went to the actual Lion's Den facility for several hours of sparring.

I sure as hell can't,

but does anyone else think that only 200 situps is bit light when comparring to the rest?

is all that consecutive? eg. 200 pushups straight out then on to the situps?

It'd be funny to see Ken attempt that workout himself...

Alot of traditional martial arts schools have tests like that. The one I went to had 500 pushups, situps, squats, and a good run as well.
But we didn't have guys roidraging at us while doing it, more of a supportive atmosphere of people encouraging instead.

Alot of traditional martial arts schools have tests like that. The one I went to had 500 pushups, situps, squats, and a good run as well.
But we didn't have guys roidraging at us while doing it, more of a supportive atmosphere of people encouraging instead.

Well, fuck that.

The final test should be to stop a bullet with your chest.

There was actually a poster on here who went through this, I think he's the chubby English guy getting his ass kicked by Jon Koppenhaver (War Machine) in one of the vids. He was still pretty bitter about the experience, but I honestly can't blame him. Shamrock trained like a meathead; even more so than the Chute Boxe guys.

From that tryouts 3 vid - peep this absolutely cruel left hook to this exhausted kid's liver

All from a guy, ken, who has tapped out from fatigue.
That’s wat always puzzled me about lions den and ken..

Tryouts were brutal stamina routines..

But kens most noticeable weakness was always his stamina

While I think it's important to test the will of those who claim they want to be fighters this particular method hasn't produced any great champion as far as I recall.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly. Who ever came out of Lions Den that made it big besides Shamrock? Lions Dens tryouts seem like they are meant to determine who is on PEDs and who isn’t. If you’re on PEDs, you’re welcome at Lions Den!

Gotta think it’s more about not quitting than actually finishing.

That’s wat always puzzled me about lions den and ken..

Tryouts were brutal stamina routines..

But kens most noticeable weakness was always his stamina
Probably the same reason why no top level crossfit competitor hasn't crossed over to dominate any other sport.

Probably the same reason why no top level crossfit competitor hasn't crossed over to dominate any other sport.
Tbf nothing in Crossfit can translate over to other sports besides having a decent balance of cardio/strength. Most sports involve skill that is developed at a young age.

Tbf nothing in Crossfit can translate over to other sports besides having a decent balance of cardio/strength. Most sports involve skill that is developed at a young age.

Pretty if you treat crossfit like it's own sport it gets less silly imo

Back