How much bigger is Conor than Anthony Joshua?

Hes still ahead by a clear margin now but I think Joshua (assuming he keeps winning) can potentially catch up within 2 years. Conor has peaked already whereas Joshua has barely even scraped the surface of the American market yet.

Exactly, when AJ finally fights and brutally knocks out Wilder hopefully in America and holds all the HW titles, he will be HUGE and still under 30.. HW boxers dont normally hit their prime until there 30's well unless they get locked up in prison for some time.

I think in 5 years time AJ will have made more money and be more well known globley

Anthony Joshua is probably a bigger star internationally. Conor is big international star but is biggest in the Americas.

Boxing is tremendously bigger than MMA. Bigger audience=Bigger Star. Simple.

<DisgustingHHH>
Again, your dumb ass is mixing up your own personal belief with an actual fact. You think Conor is unknown to general public in comparison to the athletes you mentioned?

Prove it. Give me statistics or data that challenge the social follower numbers and search trend. Until then, shut your butthole, ya baguette sucking bum.
Hahah Relax kid and stop the hand job now, it makes you nervous.

Let me tell you a good crispy baguette is something of pure joy, I recommend you to try it once in your life.

Beside of that you're completely out of your mind if you think McG is nearly as known as any of the athletes I mentioned above. Don't bring your whole data shit...
No one sane need this..

You're weak as F... I can smell it from here.4 real.
Keep throwing shit at me I don't give a F... It will stiffen your small reptile at most other than that...

We know conor is a bigger star but just by how much?
Joshua have cardio problems and Conor have cardio and drinking alcohol problems so Conor is bigger

I'm from the UK - McGregor is much bigger name overall.

Why?

Come on, i'd like to hear this rationale.
Tbf just seen you’re from Scotland so I can’t speak for there but have you ever been out on an AJ fight night? I’ve been out in 3 different cities when he’s fighting and everyone’s out to watch it. From hardcore fans to girls who have never watched boxing. There just isn’t the same mass appeal when Conor fights although granted the timing of the events could be a reason for this.
Whilst I believe pretty much everyone in the U.K. knows both who Conor and AJ are if you asked everyone have you watched either one of them fight plenty more people would have seen AJ and not Conor. There just isn’t the same buzz in the air on an AJ fight night to a Conor one and I don’t even like boxing much

Tbf just seen you’re from Scotland so I can’t speak for there but have you ever been out on an AJ fight night? I’ve been out in 3 different cities when he’s fighting and everyone’s out to watch it. From hardcore fans to girls who have never watched boxing. There just isn’t the same mass appeal when Conor fights although granted the timing of the events could be a reason for this.
Whilst I believe pretty much everyone in the U.K. knows both who Conor and AJ are if you asked everyone have you watched either one of them fight plenty more people would have seen AJ and not Conor. There just isn’t the same buzz in the air on an AJ fight night to a Conor one and I don’t even like boxing much
You are correct that with AJ in the UK there is a social aspect of watching his fights due to the time difference, I myself have had a few great nights out watching his fights and with Conor fighting at 5-6am it takes a lot away from the experience, but I do think people are more aware that Conor is a legitimate worldwide superstar when they watch him compared to AJ.

AJ is the British public's new version of Naz, Hatton or Calzage, but Conor has took things to a different level with his promotional skill, he's a guy who has transcended his sport in a similar way to how Beckham did back in the day.

Most Americans don't even know who Deontay Wilder is, bruh
If we're going to say "most Americans" then "most Americans" don't know who McGregor is either. I'm not even that huge of a boxing fan, and I know who both of them (Joshua and Wilder) are. My wife knows who Wilder is because he was on a reality tv show with his wife.

AJ is the British public's new version of Naz, Hatton or Calzage, but Conor has took things to a different level with his promotional skill, he's a guy who has transcended his sport in a similar way to how Beckham did back in the day.
Can’t disagree Conor has done massive bits for the popularity of MMA in the U.K. and far more than AJ has done for boxing but boxing is still so much bigger than MMA and I’m still confident AJ has a much much larger core fan base in the U.K. than Conor

If we're going to say "most Americans" then "most Americans" don't know who McGregor is either. I'm not even that huge of a boxing fan, and I know who both of them (Joshua and Wilder) are. My wife knows who Wilder is because he was on a reality tv show with his wife.

Most Americans know who McGregor is, even if they don't know exactly what he does. I have tons of friends/relatives who aren't MMA fans but know who Conor McGregor is.

Same thing with Floyd Mayweather. Both big stars who are well-known even among people who don't watch their respective sports.

Wilder not so much. Joshua even less so.

I think if Conor fought at Wembley it would sell out and at much higher prices than Joshua's fights

I would be very surprised if Conor could do Joshua level attendances in the UK. Hes not British and MMA is far, far behind boxing in popularity in the UK unlike in the US. Only way I could see it happening is if it was another boxing match and his opponent was someone like Brook or Khan. MMA? forget it.

If he acted up and talked trash he would be twice the face he his today.
Anyone in boxing knows the biggest fight out there at heavyweight is AJ vs Wilder.
If Wilder beats Fury which itself is a huge fight then AJ ,Wilder will be a huge PPV draw.
Much bigger than AJ- Klitschko
One thing americans do good is get behind a legit heavyweight champion and Wilder is the man who could put them back on top,Thats why they will buy the PPV.
Its a fight every combat fan will want to see.
If AJ wins that fight then he will be well on his way to being much bigger than Conor and hes slightly younger so has time on his side.
He is also known for defending his belts,unlike Conor

Most Americans know who McGregor is, even if they don't know exactly what he does. I have tons of friends/relatives who aren't MMA fans but know who Conor McGregor is.

Same thing with Floyd Mayweather. Both big stars who are well-known even among people who don't watch their respective sports.

Wilder not so much. Joshua even less so.
I don't even know how you can quantify that. Most Americans. So you're saying that 60-70% of Americans know who Conor McGregor is? Sorry...I find a hard time believing that. If Good Morning America did a poll and just showed his picture, I doubt that even 50% of Americans would know who he is, OR they would get him confused with another celebrity.

Well look at their instagram followers. Its not even close. Conor is a world wide star. Joshua is not very big outside of Europe. That will def change if Joshua keeps it up. Will he ever be more popular than Conor? I doubt it. Conor has reached icon status.

I'm very surprised.

Boxing is really non-existent here and UFC and MMA are becoming more and more popular. Plus the UFC games sell well and Conor is on the front. Not to mention a lot of the stuff Conor does goes viral and Joshua isn't as charismatic and wild, so in the age of the internet that's a big difference.

Boxing never really has been popular here and probably never will be.

I don't even know how you can quantify that. Most Americans. So you're saying that 60-70% of Americans know who Conor McGregor is? Sorry...I find a hard time believing that. If Good Morning America did a poll and just showed his picture, I doubt that even 50% of Americans would know who he is, OR they would get him confused with another celebrity.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree then.

Btw, Ryan Fitzpatrick would never dress up like Deontay Wilder, and it has nothing to do with race.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree then.

Btw, Ryan Fitzpatrick would never dress up like Deontay Wilder, and it has nothing to do with race.
Fitzpatrick? A backup QB is the best you got?

Now if you said Tom Hardy, star of the movie Venom which is coming out this weekend said that he channeled his inner Conor McGregor in this movie, you would have a much better argument.

And let's not get off of topic. This all started because I said that Americans, especially boxing fans, do know who Anthony Joshua is. Someone stated that outside of the UK no one knows who is...that's false. I never claimed he was on the same level as McGregor. You brought McGregor into this.

Back