How much do YOU think a fighter should make?

It should be proportionate to what they are bringing to the table. For UFC fighters, think of it like they are entertainers on TV, but the show is broadcast around the world. Nobody is crying when some mediocre actor from a stupid show makes $100K/episode.

Fightpass/darker fights- min 25/25K
ESPN pre-lim fights- min 50K/50K
Main Card ESPN fight night- min 75K/75K
Main Card PPV fight- min 100K/100K
Title Fight- min 500K

Thank you for starting a fighter pay thread. The other 1589 threads on this subject were getting stale.

I think 25/25 is a fair starting rate for entry level fighters. If they win their first fight put it up to 30/30 2 wins 35/35 and then 40/40 for the end of the first standard deal.

2nd contract if you go less than 2-2 you're probably getting cut so put 2-2 on 40/40. 3-1 on 60/60 and 4-0 on 80/80. Make the increments per win 10k this time.

Once you're 8 fights or so in you should be making 150/50 if you're a mid level guy. Say 250/50 if you're ranked. About 400/500 if you're top 5, a milli to challenge for a title and champs should get 2 mil imo

Obviously you can get outliers who can negotiate a bigger contract based on drawing power.

Then throw in a 50k per fight finish bonus and make performance bonuses 150k each.

I think that would be roughly fair.

The less fights the UFC it’s on the more they can charge and pay the individual fighters on those cards (basic supply vs demand.) Many promotions have gone bankrupt because of paying the fighters too much . I would rather see a bunch of stars fight a bunch of times a year than have 1 fight per year so one fighter can get paid like Canello . Just my opinion.

Hard to decide on a minimum, but they should have all medical paid for life. I think ufc should cover hotel, training, and the costs associated with preparing for a fight. A guy shouldn’t have to give a huge portion of his pay for that. I think 50k undercard and 100k main card minimum is fair considering the company makes billions.

15k show + 15k Win for newbies, if they fight 3 times a year and win then its 90k/yr which is solid pay.

30k Show + 30k Win for win/some lose some journeymen.

60k show + 60k win for win streak prospects, fighters with growing name

100k show + 100k Win for headliners on fight nights

250k Flat for title challengers, and ppv cut if they actually are popular

500k flat for champs and ppv cut at higher percent to actually give them couple million
90k a year is not a solid pay, after expenses they would be making less than 50K and that is assuming that the fight will fight and win 3 times.

Is that the legendary Ipushfatkids avatar?

Back