How much PPV buys would Spence/Crawford do?

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
According to Arum, it must be on PPV for it to happen. I'm sure Espinoza would agree.

Even though they are both American, I cant see this doing more than GGG/Jacobs, which did around 170,000.

Its gonna take years to build this fight up, and Showtime and Top Rank are having exclusive events solely based around both Spence and Crawford.

Despite crawford's accomplishments I think Spence is better known, agree probably similar to jacobs/ggg

250k-300k tops for PPV

Neither are very noteworthy to people that aren't immersed in the sport.

Right now? 200k.

Year from now? 2 years from now? Could be a major fight.

Right now, maybe 150-175K. Based on talent, 2 million.

It won't do much, especially when you got Crawford fighting on ESPN + App

They gotta get these guys name out there man, build them up big.

They already tryed this with Crawford vs Postal and it didn't work out. It will do better than that but it won't do great.

Right now, 375k buys.
In the future if they both stay unbeaten?? 750k MAX

I don’t think this fight is going to happen so I won’t get excited about it. Crawford will likely spend the remainder of his prime fighting guys like Jeff Horn in ESPN+. Outside of boxing circles no one will get to know him, and no one will have any interest in purchasing a ppv featuring him. Considering what he’s being paid now he might not be too concerned about that.

Spence is probably the more marketable of the two fighters but likewise doesn’t seem eager to get his name out there. That’s boxing for you. At least we have something to look forward to in September.

As most have said, it wouldn't do a lot right now. That could change with time, though.

As most have said, it wouldn't do a lot right now. That could change with time, though.

I don't think either have the personality to become a big star. Ward was some just as good, if not better than TC and Spence, and proven through a hard career. Then you got Kovalev, a legit proven KILLER.

How did that do? 130k buys.

Spence and TC are kind of quiet dudes, like Ward. They have almost no presence on social media. Broner, who is a joke at this point, still does just as well as they do.

Doesnt matter how well they do in the ring, they just don't have "IT"

We'll see, I'm interested in what this ESPN deal in the long run will do for Crawford's popularity. Spence's popularity will rise if he keeps winning because he has a larger pool of quality opponents than Crawford to face in the time being until a fight with the two would happen. If Arum really wants to make Crawford a bigger star, he needs to feed Pacman to him as a sacrificial lamb for the exposure(for the right money, he would most likely), but that'd hurt a potential Pac/Loma showdown.

It'd work better if one of them took on to promoting themselves better as well. There's many opportunities to do so.

I would say 150K if they're lucky. I'm seeing people say 200K but I don't think even that is realistic.

They really have to build both before this fight which is fine but nobody is going to follow Crawford if he's only fighting on ESPN+

They really have to build both before this fight which is fine but nobody is going to follow Crawford if he's only fighting on ESPN+
Crawford only sold 5000 tickets against Horn, and cant even sell out his home arena with a historic unification bout.

I hear stories of how Crawford is unapproachable, doesnt like talking to fans, giving interviews, etc. Doesnt help his popularity.

Crawford only sold 5000 tickets against Horn, and cant even sell out his home arena with a historic unification bout.

I hear stories of how Crawford is unapproachable, doesnt like talking to fans, giving interviews, etc. Doesnt help his popularity.

He does not seem to have much personality, I've seen him on Sway in the Morning and he's only of the only people I've seen on there who seemed like they didn't want to be there.

Fans are tired of PPV. Across sports, PPV numbers seem to be way down.

Back