How to finally solve your conditioning problem

Tom Incledon used to make a product he developed for Romanowski that was hands down the most effective produce of its kind I've ever seen (of course the downside was that it was $5 per serving). The results were incredible but I don't think it's available through him at the moment so I just order the supplements separately and make my own version of it. Have your guy do some research on the supplements and give them a try instead of the medication and let me know what happens.

Is this the same supplement that you're referring to: Neuro1 : Nutrition 53 It's one of the supps he sells through his company now.

Ha I remember talking to Tom awhile back when I ran into him at one of Rich's fights and he told me something along the lines of Romanowski had basically ripped him off but he didn't get into detail but now I see why. That's a total knock off of the product Tom developed, which was originally called Neuropath. He also had developed a sleep product, which it looks like Romanowski is now sellig too.

Who knows what the exact details of what happened between those two, but I can tell you Tom is the brains behind the product, I have no idea if Romanowski took the originally formula or just came up with his own, but I doubt it's as good as the original. For one, the ingredients alone made the wholesale cost on Tom's product more expensive than what Romo is selling that one for so I doubt there is the same dosage of everything in Romos. The original one sold for $160 per bottle and Romo is selling his for half.

I wouldn't buy it from Romanowski out of respect for Tom, but if someone else tries it post back and let me know if it works. With the original formula I had more than one person use the product and then not have to wear their prescription glasses anymore because their eyesight improved that much, it was amazing stuff.

I was a big Romo fan back in the Bronco days.Howevr, I make my own supps like you suggested and keep them on hand at our facility...most of our fighters ar broke so I try to help anyway I can.So I'm going to try it on this athlete. With Physician approval of course. I take meticulous notes so. Add this to the million other studies I have promised to post. GIve me about 3 months on this one.

Little off topic but found this from a cyclist board I frequent. Thought you might find it interesting. I did. You might know this though.

Lemond was a total freak and had a super high VO2 max of 93! He did not use { insert common doping agent here}(but I think he wishes he did His FTP was about 390 at 148-150 pounds.

Hello EZA/all

For this combination you mentioned below, how much of each would make up an ideal serving?

Acetyl l-carinitine, Alpha GPC, Piracetam, R-ALA, Huperzine, and Vinpocetine

I looked at that Neuro1 link that Stewy posted, but the ingredient breakdown isnt listed.

EZA,

for some reason i am having trouble posting replys or topics on your site. Would you mind answering my question here. thanks. Or looking into the problem i am having with the site

Corey,

It looks like you got the forum to work on my site, what did you have to do in order to get it working?

Hey Joel. Thanks for the response to my questions. I beleive the browser was just set wrong for my computer. At first it wasnt displaying the Submit thread button and not allowing me to scroll down. I have to manually tab down to read posts and see whats on the lower half of the page.
thanks

I can't say exactly what you need to do because I don't know what your weak links are, but if your resting heart rate is that low you have good cardiac output so probably focusing on muscular endurance through things like HICT would be a good idea. You could probably incorporate it into your training for 3-4 weeks before progressing to a different phase. BJJ has a lot of isometric and quasi-isometric type work so make sure to work on static holds done for time as part of your training and I'd suggest spending the last 2-3 weeks doing mostly rounds as your conditioning. Start with 10-12 rounds and build up to 20 or more. Rotate fresh opponents every couple of rounds to keep yourself working hard.

I thought this was especially insightful - in a thread full of insightful points.

Are there other general aspects of BJJ conditioning that are (or should be) somewhat different from MMA conditioning in your opinion?

When you do fartlek where do you think your HR should be at?

From a strictly energy system standpoint there are definitely differences between BJJ and MMA so there are a lot of things to take into consideration when you're training your conditioning for MMA vs. BJJ, I'll have to get into the details in an article or post because it's a lot to go into.

The HR you should use for Fartlek will be different for everybody, there is not a heart rate range I can give you because the purpose of Fartlek is to keep your lactate production within a certain range and that will happen at different ranges or heart rates for different people depending on where their lactate threshold is.

That's strange, give it a minute to load it's wrapped into my site so sometime it takes a few seconds for the whole thing to load if you're on a slower connection. Nobody else has reported this that I'm aware of so try being patient and see if it comes up for you. The only otther thing I could think of is it being a browser issue, I know it works just fine in IE 7 and firefox so try one of those is you aren't already.

Hi EZA

When I wake up in the morning, I measure my heart rate with a polar heart rate monitor. My bpm was in the 60's, but when I sit down and take slow & deep breaths, my bpm would dip to the upper 50's. Which one is the better number to take as my resting pulse?

That's strange, give it a minute to load it's wrapped into my site so sometime it takes a few seconds for the whole thing to load if you're on a slower connection. Nobody else has reported this that I'm aware of so try being patient and see if it comes up for you. The only otther thing I could think of is it being a browser issue, I know it works just fine in IE 7 and firefox so try one of those is you aren't already.

Yes it was a browser issue. I surf from a cellphone and my browser was set to format the page automatically.
So now I see it but only a lil piece at a time and have to scroll left, right up and down to read.
Time that I invest in a computer?

Hi EZA

When I wake up in the morning, I measure my heart rate with a polar heart rate monitor. My bpm was in the 60's, but when I sit down and take slow & deep breaths, my bpm would dip to the upper 50's. Which one is the better number to take as my resting pulse?

Obviously this isn't addressed to me, but I just wanted to guess that it's the lower one. As after you wake up, you may get up and move around a bit to get the monitor and that might raise your HR a bit.

Just a guess though, I'm curious to see what the correct answer is.

I wouldn't really count sitting down and deliberately taking slow breaths to slow your heart rate down as a true resting heart rate. For training purposes, I look at resting heart sitting or standing after a couple of minutes of inactivity and what's important is the range, not an exact number. There will always be small changes depending on position, time of day, caffeine consumption, exercise, etc. Just pay attention to the range and how the range improves, don't get caught up with trying to figure out the exact most accurate number.

For those who have been following this thread, I have posted a new article in the Strength & Power section of this board on Muscular Endurance so feel free to check it out.

For those interested, the second half of the article is up on my site Welcome to 8 Weeks Out along with a video of Jens Pulver demonstrating proper technique of the methods outlned in the article. If you want to participate in the week by week program I'll be posting you have to register and post on the discussion board before monday 10.27

How come you didn't explain how to work it in...i have to take part in the group? (muscular endurance article)

Back