How to un wussify our kids?

Sure, maybe kids are a little fatter, a little dumber, a little less happy and don't know how to solve any problems, but at least they're no longer transphobic bigots and know how to click play on youtube videos, and they're better at video games than previous generations.

My daughter loves Roblox and a few other video games. But she can't touch that tech until all of her schoolwork and chores are done, AND until she's done with her workout. She's a swimmer and so are 2 of her best friends that live in our neighborhood. The team has practice 4 days/week but she and these girls do strength and cardio training on their own 6 days/week in addition to the team practices.

Video games and stuff are fine IF it's in extreme moderation. Some days she doesn't have time to play them at all, and she's fine with it. These kids that sit for hours on end like zombies...SMH.

I’ve been teaching in Japan for over ten years now. Many kids now don’t play outside at all and it shows. I have first graders that literally can’t hop on one foot nor throw a ball.
My kids are in early elem and preschool. They have sports days here and my kids crush the other kids at races and shuttle runs.
My kids were lucky and until last year they went to a tough daycare. They had to walk almost two miles one way to a park to play. They were barefoot in the school ground til December 1st and could wear sandals. and could only wear boots if it snowed. the school had dangerous homemade playground equipment that even idiots like me helped make. There is a treehouse that the only way in is by a rope. My daughter at 5 could climb the 3 meters up to get in.
We moved and no longer are in the same town that has that daycare. Still between that and the fact that they don’t watch tv and play a lot, they are healthy. I wouldn’t say they are physically gifted not much above average.
Thing is the average has collapsed and physical standards are incredibly low. My daughter at school was tested. All her stats like ball throwing, grip and such were way above other kids in my prefecture.
my son plays tag with the other kids at school. Dude catches the other kids like he isn’t even trying and they can’t even catch him.
We are raising kids who never play outside. That makes it so that they never get fast and strong. As their bodies grow into and adapt to what they do. Sitting inside all day playing video games makes for unhealthy kids

I saw this start in the 90s in the USA. In my neighborhood when I was in HS I noticed that there were minivans parked in front of our house which was the bus stop for school. The moms would drive the kids down, like 100-200 meters to the bus stop and pick them up there in the afternoon. They were removing all aspects of exercise from these kid’s lives. I never saw the kids play outside either.
I think allowing kids to be raised by screens is a mistake. It’s going to lead to poorly developed kids with no attention span and no social skills.
JFK like him or hate him, he had a good PE program started. Focusing on physical development is missing in it’s entirety from modern society and that has to have a massive impact on mental and physical health. No wonder everyone is fat and unhappy.
I think schools need to focus on physical activities and not just medicate kids to keep them focused. I remember how much I loved recess and if we were good and an extra break.
Seems they instead of the occasional fat kid, that now the fit kid is the exception.

Stop teaching them conservatives values. Constant whining from parents about unfairness, crying over progress, and teaching children it's ok to lie and that cheaters prosper is probably a huge factor.

My wife makes our 5 year old do chores together with her in her free time. Like cooking, cleaning, tending the garden, feeding the kettle, going to forrest to pick mushrooms and berries, minor Stuff like that. Wife always finds shit to do around the house to keep the Kid moving.

And When I get home from work, it's TV and video game Time.

Only One my daughter is allowed is Wii Sports Resort. <45>

Everyone’s kids are fat and lazy now. This is a societal problem. My kids are actually fit, which is the exception now

Your kids have a judgement dullard for a dad, should work on fixing that.

No fucking way. No one over the age of 20 would think this. Laughable idea.
Yes we are, homicide rates are low as fuck in the world....Go back 100 years and see the homicide rates in all countries, they were way higher.

If you don't think we are living in safe times, you're a straight up pussy indoctrinated by the Media overhypness of Murder/Crime.

Yes we are, homicide rates are low as fuck in the world....Go back 100 years and see the homicide rates in all countries, they were way higher.
Homicide is not the major death cause, fat is.

If you don't think we are living in safe times, you're a straight up pussy indoctrinated by the Media overhypness of Murder/Crime.
When I was a kid, there were no mass school shootings. When I was a kid, you could let your kids play outside practically unsupervised with no worry at all.
No offense, but you sound like you read a few cherry picked stats and really have no idea what you're talking about. We do not live in a society that is safer for our children than when I grew up.

teaching my kids how to skate, snowboard, and as soon as it opens again, ice skating. Also built for them a tree house way long time ago, which amazingly still works and not broken. it has stares though, no rope. my older son regularly helps me build shit....... so I'm hoping he'll be ok. my family is big enough that we can play team sports on the weekends......

When I was a kid, there were no mass school shootings. When I was a kid, you could let your kids play outside practically unsupervised with no worry at all.
No offense, but you sound like you read a few cherry picked stats and really have no idea what you're talking about. We do not live in a society that is safer for our children than when I grew up.
When you were a kid, Catholic priest were raping kids scott free....When you were a kid, homicide was higher, meaning people were getting killed....except they weren't mass shootings(Which are rare as fuck even today).

It sounds like you read too much media and got indoctrinated to believe that the streets are super dangerous now....when in reality they aren't.

It was way easier to be a pedo back in your day , they never got caught....The Catholic Church showed how pedos could get away with it for centuries.

My daughter loves Roblox and a few other video games. But she can't touch that tech until all of her schoolwork and chores are done, AND until she's done with her workout. She's a swimmer and so are 2 of her best friends that live in our neighborhood. The team has practice 4 days/week but she and these girls do strength and cardio training on their own 6 days/week in addition to the team practices.

Video games and stuff are fine IF it's in extreme moderation. Some days she doesn't have time to play them at all, and she's fine with it. These kids that sit for hours on end like zombies...SMH.
she aint swimming now....... or is she?

they pretty much banned our usual swim spot in LA, the local YMCA.......

Also built for them a tree house way long time ago, which amazingly still works and not broken. it has stares though, no rope.
My mind draws a picture of children standing by the tree, staring at the tree house... No rope no hope

When you were a kid, Catholic priest were raping kids scott free....When you were a kid, homicide was higher, meaning people were getting killed....except they weren't mass shootings(Which are rare as fuck even today).
Thats moving the goalpost. School shootings happen regardless of your religious affiliation. They never happened when I was a kid. Kids literally brought guns to school for show and tell when I was a kid. No one got shot. Not only that but kids today are open used in sexually themed drag shows, exposed to sexual deviants by their parents in the name of progress, mentally manipulated by parents who don't really like their kids for social media validation etc etc etc.
I mean, I hope you don't believe sexual abuse is a thing of the past?

It sounds like you read too much media and got indoctrinated to believe that the streets are super dangerous now....when in reality they aren't.
I sound like a grown man with basic observational skills. You sound like someone offended by hearing what a shitty society you live in.

It was way easier to be a pedo back in your day , they never got caught....The Catholic Church showed how pedos could get away with it for centuries.
Weird how kids played outside and loved life when I was a boy, now they are mentally ill shutins looking to cut off their cocks to try to fit in somewhere.

Back