How will history remember Chris Kyle?

I posted it already. He said it in a interviews.
dadf14aa2ad3e2706b18f6c875a77bc5--meme.jpg

Did anyone here him tell lies or was his publisher embellishing things?

The gas station story - that he killed two men who tried to rob him - and the story about sniping looters in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina are not in the version of the book I read. I've read on multiple occasions that Kyle told these stories to friends etc.

The gas station story - that he killed two men who tried to rob him - and the story about sniping looters in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina are not in the version of the book I read. I've read on multiple occasions that Kyle told these stories to friends etc.
As have I. Problem is I've been looking and I can't find a single source directly tying those statements to him. Just that he said them. Never a source listed.

Multiple occasions?I heard Gere shoved a gerbil up his ass....doesn't make it true.I might believe first hand accounts of him saying that,but there isn't any.
Sweet AV of Rick Harrison walking into the Pawn shop though....

Multiple occasions?I heard Gere shoved a gerbil up his ass....doesn't make it true.I might believe first hand accounts of him saying that,but there isn't any.
Sweet AV of Rick Harrison walking into the Pawn shop though....

"This is the Infinity Gauntlet! It grants the wearer ultimate power in the universe!"

"Sorry, buddy. $500 is the best I can do":)

Movies & bios are filtered through the lens of those that made them.

Now I'm an Australian who recently watched the 'American Sniper' movie, and found it very moving. Seemed like a great guy.

Then I stumbled upon some videos of his apparent lies in his book (which I haven't read) being debunked. Not sure how legit these videos are, but just wanted some more knowledgeable people's opinions about the man.

Do you consider him a good or bad person?
Were his claims true or false, in your opinion?
I'm pretty sure he didn't punch Jesse.

Which would mean he tells deliberate and calculated lies.

As former military myself. I don't think much of him.

As have I. Problem is I've been looking and I can't find a single source directly tying those statements to him. Just that he said them. Never a source listed.

So you are saying that someone just randomly made up the stories a out him for what purpose? There are thousands of spiders who come back from was with nowhere near the reputation of being a liar.

SMH if you actually think random people are lying about the specific stories he was telling.

They might be foreigners now because of the foreign invader destroying the Iraqi government in 2003.
They weren't when Chris Kyle was on his killing spree during the oil wars.
That were mostly Iraqis.
Chris Kyle and the US Army invaded Iraq for its natural recourses that is a fact.
And he went over there and killed 100+ people for no reason other than greed.
Why would that not be considered mass murder? What has any Iraqi done to the US or Kyle that would justify the invading and killing of their people?

They have done nothing its just American greed.

Explain this oil thing to me if you don’t mind.

America never got the oil and don’t buy most of their ol from the ME anyway.

I can see oil making the region more important politically. Also see it as a historical cause of interference, colonial and post colonial fucking up the whole region politically, etc.

Is it a angle of corperations saying go in there so they can steal the oi? How has this worked exactly?

This is pretty much it. Seems like he was super legit, an awesome guy to have with you in battle and a stand up guy by all accounts. Then he wrote a book with some lies. Both things are true, I think the service he put in probably outweighs the lies but that’ll unfortunately always stick to him to some degree.
When you think about the fact that 'the war' was completely illegal in the first place, that we essentially went into other's back yard and killed hundreds of thousands for no reason other than money, it makes Kyle's actions of heroism seem like barbarism. History will remember him as a murderer, even if one played by his government, as there is absolutely no excuse for the Iraq Wars and people are finally starting to wake up.

When you think about the fact that 'the war' was completely illegal in the first place, that we essentially went into other's back yard and killed hundreds of thousands for no reason other than money, it makes Kyle's actions of heroism seem like barbarism. History will remember him as a murderer, even if one played by his government, as there is absolutely no excuse for the Iraq Wars and people are finally starting to wake up.

Well there are a few things I’d disagree with. I’ll go along with your assumption there was no positive intention behind the war although I don’t think that’s the case, but where I think we really differ in opinion is the responsibility of soldiers.

It’s a self-destructive idea to think that soldiers have any role in deciding whether or not a war is justified, especially if they’ve been told something that leads them to believe it is justified. A soldier’s duty is to carry out orders, with some wiggle room within certain parameters but not at levels far far above their heads. It’s like walking into a McDonald’s and yelling at the cashier because you hate factory farming. A brave warrior who fights for his country should earn your respect regardless if you agree with the reason he was sent there. Especially when you have the benefit of hindsight.

Explain this oil thing to me if you don’t mind.

America never got the oil and don’t buy most of their ol from the ME anyway.

I can see oil making the region more important politically. Also see it as a historical cause of interference, colonial and post colonial fucking up the whole region politically, etc.

Is it a angle of corperations saying go in there so they can steal the oi? How has this worked exactly?

Well, it is not so much about the US going in physically taking the oil out. But rather Iraq putting oil into the market at full capacity.
That is where people like the Koch brothers make their money from the refining of the oil. It doesn't really matter that much where the oil comes from (they make money no matter what).
They are just worried about a guy like Saddam messing with the large reserve from Iraq not making it to the market.
This is the short version of course. The military industrial complex right up there with the oil lobby.

That's why the Saudis are good. In many aspects, the Saudi are worse than Saddam. And if you actually wanted to go after terrorists you would hang the whole royal family.
But its all good because the Saudis while supporting radical Islam around the world don't mess with their oil getting into the market.
That's why Trump was ordered to go Sword Dancing with them.

In general, I don't have a problem with that. If it would benefit all of America like the oil industry does in Norway for example.
It is just that the US has a system set up so all the money stays with the top 1%.
And you can see it in here with the propaganda some people think it is about terrorism or human rights etc.
When they just do the dirty work for the 1%.

Back