HW power is overrated?

Yeah cause Conor is smaller and doesn’t have a HW chin. Did I say Conor can beat heavyweights? I said he can match them in terms of power. There’s more factors at play than just power

Don’t put words in my mouth. I never said Conor would beat Tom, don’t be disingenuous and don’t troll me.
Conor is the strongest and most powerful fighter at 145-170. He can KO a heavyweight if given a "free shot".
So much delusional BS lol.

So much delusional BS lol.

Why are you so biased against Conor? He clearly has unreal insane power, I knew this since the first time I watched him fight against Duffy.

He instantly put pressure, and wobbled/cut Duffy, Duffy had to instantly wrestle to get it to the ground. Sure, McGregor got tapped but I knew from that fight that he would be a problem for anyone who couldn't get him down with his power, speed, and precision.

Conor has immense power, on a free shot, where a heavyweight isn't rolling or blocking, he can definitely one shot them.

This thread is so full of people who never sparred regularly. Skimmed the first 2 pages, literally nobody.

Fighters usually have broken their nose many times, which makes it softer, also the cartilage is even more softer. Like rubber.
You can form the nose way more with your fingers. After 1-2 years of not getting hit, it gets a bit harder again.

Depends on the individual nose of a human being. The straight/long/thin caucasian ones(Rory) break the easiest. Black and asian noses don't break as easy, they are more round and flat.
My Polynesian (maori) nose is made to be punched :) When i saw Meisha Tates (original nose) I thought "this isn't going to end well."

Professional fighters aim for the chin. It hurts the brain but you can't see breaks in the brain.

Conor is the strongest and most powerful fighter at 145-170. He can KO a heavyweight if given a "free shot".

Dude, power isn't just some stat in a video game. It takes components Conor doesn't have.

Power = Mass x Acceleration
Force = Power x Velocity.

To explain this part without more complex equations I'll use an analogy.

Imagine a flail, or piece of rope with a weight at the end. If I go to hit something with it to cause maxixum damage I want three components.
- a heavy weight at the hitting end. In fighting this is your fist. The more your fist weighs the harder it can potentially hit someone. This is why heavy punchers typically have big hands. Their hands weigh more. This is also why loaded gloves hit harder, or why holding a roll of quarters let's you hit harder (youll probably break your own hand, don't try this)
- length to the rope. A once inch rope isnt going to be as good as a 2 foot rope. Longer arms allow for more potential force generation.
- speed of the swing. The faster you get the weight moving the harder it will hit.

Now, when you throw a punch even if you are gifted with Big hands and long arms you still need to generate the Velocity while trying to get your weight (mass) behind a punch.
- bringing power from the floor by activating your muscles in such a way from the feet up that as much of that power is transfer into strike as possible.
- technique that allows for the power transfer without any loss of power. A good puncher will get his or hers weight behind strikes as much as possible (straight punches in particular). The more you weigh the more you can put behind a strike.

Now, Conor lacks not only the hand size, weight and arm length to punch like a HW, he's not particularly good at maximizing the Velocity and Acceleration on his strikes. I could name a bunch of WWs and LWs that hit harder than Conor in MMA and if I extended that to boxing hundreds or thousands of guys. Conor is not a huge puncher for his size, he's good at two/three things in terms of power. He's got good timing and accuracy and he's good at catching guys unaware with strikes. Ie they don't roll them. His big shots are typically on counters so he's also adding some of thier force and weigh to his shots. Like the Aldo KO for example. Conor is also punching guys that have usually gone through large weight cuts; which diminish how well they can absorb strikes.

I should probably add, true HW power is on short punches or glancing blows. What makes a puncher truly dangerous is having enough power to hurt you throwing short punches and not having to land clean to fuck you up. Truly devestating punchers can drop guys on partial blocked or glancing shots.

If you want an idea of a guy at Conor's weight built to hit hard, look at Hearns body (hitman).

Conor is also a piece of trash, but that's neither here nor there.

Last edited:
Opie has a point.

I'd rather take that punch from AJ vs Ngannou than a shotgun blast from Connor.

That old man in the pub was never the same after he took those smacks from prime, motivated Connor

Opie has a point.

I'd rather take that punch from AJ vs Ngannou than a shotgun blast from Connor.

That old man in the pub was never the same after he took those smacks from prime, motivated Connor

Watch the roadhouse documentary my dude. It's obvious Conor hits like a hw, he killed some guys live on screen.

Conor does not possess HW power. It's not possible. His hands aren't big enough and he doesn't have the mass to put that much weight behind a punch. He also has short arms compared to most HWs.

Conor doesn't even hit that hard for a 170lber.
That's not true. Conor has more power than heavyweights, except maybe Lewis and Ngannou. He's way too powerful

lmao at still being mad at the skinny mexican who boxed you up 10+ years ago

10/10 if this is a troll

I've been hit hard my Mexican FW's but I am not under any delusion (WTF TS??!!) that they can hit as hard as fucking NGannou. Just 'cuz you got your ass kicked bro....

But isnt it weird how the “biggest puncher in MMA history” never made any of his opponents bleed? The math just doesnt fucking add up

But isnt it weird how the “biggest puncher in MMA history” never made any of his opponents bleed? The math just doesnt fucking add up

I think you have a crucial misunderstanding of what causes bleeding vs what causes knockouts.

Reactions: TR1
I got my nose broken in a street fight back in June 2010. I fought a skinny Mexican kid over some stupid Facebook beef. This kid has no fighting experience, he was a skateboarder. He never hit me clean, it was just 2 or 3 glancing blows with arm punches. No technique.

BUT YET, when Ngannou flatlines dudes, nothing cosmetically happens? None of his opponents ever bled, no broken nose, nothing. Overeem is healthy and chilling. Derrick Lewis landed the worst follow up shot on Blaydes and… nothing? No blood, no facial fractures. Johnny Walker lands a elbow on Khalil that sounds like a shotgun and… nothing? But some skinny Mexican kid lands a glancing shot and my nose is crooked and I have to get surgery?

You've got a glass nose that's all

Did you get some good punches in, ts? How did the fight end?

Man

Some people are really bored today.

Back