I could not be happier about my purchase today!

DSAL

Silver Belt
Reaction score
I went out with my girlfriends dad today do go shooting. A little bit of target shooting and then some clay shooting.

Clay shooting was awesome.

It was the first time i discharged a gun that can kill someone lol the forecast was bad so we didnt shoot much. I missed about my first 8 clays thrown then i started hitting some.

I hit about 5/20 which is obviously terrible but i still had a lot of fun.

I went out after looking for rifles and shotguns since i had such a fun time and the western look of a shotgun always appeals to me. I love over under shotguns. Pumps are are ok and probably a better shotgun overall but i bought this gun mainly for the western look of it and for skeet shooting.

I was at Cabelas and picked up a used H&R Pardner for 100 dollars.

I dont know if that is a good deal or not but it looks real nice still and it will serve its purpose well.

Anyone want pics?

..also i posted this in Mayberry and not the firearms section because i dont know anyone in that sub forum and i know a fair amount in mayberry so id like to talk about this with you guys :icon_chee

h-r_pardner.jpg

This is the one i picked up.

Here is a link to an article about it.

H&R Pardner Shotgun

I once saw a gun.
Never held one, nor felt the need to.
Maybe that feeling I get from writing a song is the same feeling some people get by shooting something.
I don't know.

Do some quail hunting. Its a blast (pun) dont chaney your friends

Single shot or pump?

Single shot.

Im sure i will get shit for this since it isnt very practical for hunting but seeing it up close i absolutely love it. I cant wait to shoot some clays with it.

Hunting with a single shot is a pain. Love skeet tho. Congrats on your purchase. Make sure you do the necessary maintenance.

Do some quail hunting. Its a blast (pun) dont chaney your friends

My paps checked out the gun and he said it looks real nice but it wouldnt be that great for quail since it is only 1 shot.

Hunting with a single shot is a pain. Love skeet tho. Congrats on your purchase. Make sure you do the necessary maintenance.

I plan to.

I dry fired it like twice because i was so giddy but then i just read that dry firing can severely fuck up the diring pin and/or the barrel.

You think doing it twice fucked it up? I sure hope not

My paps checked out the gun and he said it looks real nice but it wouldnt be that great for quail since it is only 1 shot.

Sorry, didnt even look at the gun. he is right. Good squirrel gun tho. I actually like squirel hunting and thats about the only hunting I do now.

Almost always get something and you can kill/clean/and cook in about an hour. Better survival skill to IMO.

Congrats on your buy.A single shotgun, hmm. Make sure to update with a range report when you get the chance. Also get ready to go broke, cause once you start shooting,it becomes an expensive habit.

also a great clay shooting shotgun would be a Ruger Red label.

Ruger Red Label Over-and-Under Shotguns

Sorry, didnt even look at the gun. he is right. Good squirrel gun tho. I actually like squirel hunting and thats about the only hunting I do now.

Almost always get something and you can kill/clean/and cook in about an hour. Better survival skill to IMO.

Dont know if i will do any hunting tbh. I loved shooting clays so much i wanted to get my own gun.

They had a mossberg bolt action that was real nice but i picked this....im not sure if i am going to regret that then they had an over under which was about 150 dollars more. I wanted to spring for it but i didnt know if i wanted to blow that much money at one time.

I plan to.

I dry fired it like twice because i was so giddy but then i just read that dry firing can severely fuck up the diring pin and/or the barrel.

You should be ok. Explore with different types of ammo. Shooting slugs is fun. Buckshot and Bird are different experiences.

I plan to.

It's now ruined. Throw it out.

You should be ok. Explore with different types of ammo. Shooting slugs is fun. Buckshot and Bird are different experiences.

Will do! Thanks!

Also i shot a 357 today too. I didnt shoot 357 ammo out of it but another type of ammo that fit in it.

I took two shots and 25 yards. One hit the very top of my target....the second one hit bullseye lol i was so proud especially since it waas my first time shooting and it was 25 yards away

I plan to.

No, it didnt. Most "gun guys" will say to NEVER dry fire but its mostly an old school things from when firing pins were inferior. I wouldnt go around playing with it and popping hipshots but a couple dry fires wont hurt it.

Congrats on your buy.A single shotgun, hmm. Make sure to update with a range report when you get the chance. Also get ready to go broke, cause once you start shooting,it becomes an expensive habit.

also a great clay shooting shotgun would be a Ruger Red label.

Ruger Red Label Over-and-Under Shotguns

i havent looked at your link yet but i am on a real tight budget. If i ever have more money then a real good over under is what i want. I love them.

No, it didnt. Most "gun guys" will say to NEVER dry fire but its mostly an old school things from when firing pins were inferior. I wouldnt go around playing with it and popping hipshots but a couple dry fires wont hurt it.

Alright cool, thanks.

And i know lol right now i have it sitting out and i keep looking over at it! I just wanna keep yelling pull lol

Also...i felt like a bad ass lol the clay thrower was being worked on for a bit so i tossed a clay up and hit it haha

Back