I didn't like the Fight Pass search, so I built my own.

link: http://www.mmavideosearch.com

My gripes with the Fight Pass site:

- I cant search on submission types, I train BJJ and I enjoy fights that end in a submission type, heel hooks etc.

- UI is clunky/annoying to use, too much clicking around to get to the fighters i want to watch

- When searching for a fighter, I just want to see their fights, no interviews or non bouts

- you can't search on KO types, spinning shit? yeah i wana see those finishes

- Many of the fights have incorrect spelling of names / dates (I had to fix the crappy data which is mostly automated now).

All i wanted was a simple one page search form for FP. The following libraries can be searched

* UFC, PRIDE, STRIKEFORCE, AFFLICTION, WEC and BELLATOR.

They all link back to fight pass (except bellator), i dont host videos, that's fucking illegal

If you don't have FP, bellator fights are free, you just need to VPN to the US if you don't reside there.

Let me know what you think and any suggestions for improvement or bugs you might see.

That's fucking awesome, dude.

The UFC should buy that from you because, like you, I think their search function STINKS

Holy crap dude! Good job! Someone tweet this stuff to Dana White and have this dude run Fight Pass......lol

- I cant search on submission types, I train BJJ and I enjoy fights that end in a submission type, heel hooks etc.

- UI is clunky/annoying to use, too much clicking around to get to the fighters i want to watch

- When searching for a fighter, I just want to see their fights, no interviews or non bouts

- Many of the fights have incorrect spelling of names / dates (I had to fix the crappy data which is mostly automated now).

All i wanted was a simple one page search form for FP. The following libraries can be searched

They all link back to fight pass (except bellator), i dont host videos, that's fucking illegal

If you don't have FP, bellator fights are free, you just need to VPN to the US if you don't reside there.

Let me know what you think and any suggestions for improvement or bugs you might see.

UFC is a piece of shit for siphoning people's money and hiring piece of shit interns to design Fight Pass.

Kudos to you, they should hire you

thanks guys, i added a new section on the weekend, top voted fights from /r/mma on reddit http://www.mmavideosearch.com/#/redditTopFights

though there is a lot more bias to more recent fights which is a shame, so many fedor and anderson silva fights should be up there, i guess fans have short memories :p

im going to add a title fights section, i notice on the fight pass site there are a bunch of mistakes in the title fights, for example, following were not heavy weight title fights:

- Roy Nelson vs Brendan Schaub - lol wtf?
- Cain Velasquez vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- Antonio Carlos Jr vs Vitor Miranda - who?

a few were missing as well, this needs to be done manually by going through the fight history, but once its done once, its pretty easy to keep track of whos fighting for the title, i became a fan in 2013 when i started kickboxing / bjj, its just the matches before my time ill have to go researching on.

UFC is a piece of shit for siphoning people's money and hiring piece of shit interns to design Fight Pass.

Kudos to you, they should hire you

thanks mate, that would be my dream, i love coding, mma and bjj, so it would marry a lot of my passions :)

I don't have FP, but this is impressive.
Well done @mmavideosearch .

<mma4><mma1>

well the Bellator fights a free, just use a US VPN end point if ur not located there. They are getting some good talent now mouse is there with Rory, two of my favs, i think with the shitty rebok deal and how UFC is low balling their fighters with low sponsorship money, more will come. Having 2 good promotions can only be great for the sport. Great think about bellator is that they put their fights up straight away for free on their site. The issue with their site is that there is 0 searching ability, its just a video dump by date. I think there is a great opportunity for Bellator to promote themselves if they improve their free fights hosted with better search features. I've said before, PPV is going to die, Fertitas got out just in time with Rousey, Conor and GSP cash cows exiting. The next card is headlined by DJ and a nunes, i dont see that breaking 300k. Hard to see a justification for a 4 billion buyout. UFC should move towards a model the WEE is doing with their online streaming

- UI is clunky/annoying
to use, too much clicking around to get to the fighters i want to watch

excuse excuse me

Just search for "rush" or "the chosen one" if you want only decision wins.

hi guys,

I added two pages on the site
- Find all the title fights - http://www.mmavideosearch.com/#/titleFights
- Find all performance of the night and fight of the night awards - http://www.mmavideosearch.com/#/awardFights

you can actually do this already on fightpass with their serach, however it fails to bring back correct results. i dont have the exact numbers, i could dig them up. but roughly 70% of the performance of the night and fight of the night records were not even recorded.

Title fights was a similar story, many title fights missing and some title fights were labelled as such which were not e.g. TUF winners.

so cool, ty for the work u put in, great idea and will try it soon, ty.

Back