I got picked for C.L.E.E.T. I need a handgun and 12 gauge pump

I had problems with reduced recoil rounds on my spx, but that's about it. Still, if I had a option, I'd go for a good semi auto over a good pump action. The reliability factor between both is narrow enough and both will be on the same level soon.

This is great advice. TS listen to sqrl33, he actually knows what he is talking about.

i most agreed with this poster, and the poster he cited.

i DO think price ranges would be hugely helpful.

After much research I have decided to go with a Glock 19 and Reminton 870 express 12 gauge. Much thanks for all the help....Also thoughts on my picks?

fine picks IMHO.

as for the round, to me 9mm is the perfect caliber. any complaints someone may have can be compensated by the type of rounds you select.

ammunition is cheap, and easy to find. advantages of these are obvious, and some f the less obvious have been pointed out (theoretically cheaper means you can afford to fire it more, and ain accuracy).

as for brand, i own 7 9mms (Browning HP, Glock, CZ-75, HK, S&W, Luger), and the Glock to me is the easiest choice to make. Durable, reliable, and SIMPLE which in a combat situation cannot be emphasized enough.

i prefer the 17 to the 19, partially due to the fact that i consider it a more comfortable size to hold, and more importantly the sites, particularly the front site post (if you are using the factory on both) is noticeably better.

im assuming your shotgun usage will be both tactical engagement, and also use as a "master-key", and again your choice is just fine.

if you decide eventually to spend more somewhere, i would upgrade the shottie before the Glock, as a couple hundred dollars more will get you i think what you would later agree to be a worthwhile investment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back