I have a dilemma

Treeloy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its a good dilemma. Ive saved an extra 2500 for whatever I want to buy.

Now, there are two things I really want.

A gaming computer and a motor scooter.

Help make my decision.

Currently I have two desktops. An i7 4770 with 16gb ddr3 and a 1gig ddr5 vid card.

Second has an i7-6700 16gb ddr4 2gb ddr5 amd r9 370 (4k capable but barely)

As of now I dont really play any graphics intensive games, and my current computer can run all the games I play easily. I use my second computer to play movies on my TV.

Still, I find myself craving a GTX 1080 8gn ddr5 vid card, 512mb SSD and 32gb ddrr ram which is what my new computer would have. Its on sale right now.

I spend a lot of time using my computer

On the other hand I dont drive and a motor scooter would help me get around.

I dont think I would use it for work though, because I have extremely difficult hair and putting a helmet on would give me helmet hair, which I cant have at work.

I couldnt really use it for groceries either because its im looking at a motorcycle style scooter with limited space or no space for bags.

It would be more to just get around town when really needed, say if I was going to a friends house or picking up something small from the store.

Its this model here.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzU2WDgwMA==/z/H3MAAOSw6YtZRSG4/$_35.JPG

What would you buy in my situation.

I can get the computer nowor wait a month and get the scooter when I save a little more

I have extremely difficult hair and putting a helmet on would give me helmet hair, which I cant have at work.

Shave your hair. Don't let your hair hold you back, it's not worth it, it's fucking hair. Cue Thug Rose.

You seem to not actually need that gaming computer, whereas you could use the scooter. It's a no brainer.

A grown man calling on the help of Internet strangers to decide how he should make decisions in life?

TS, don't let anyone tell you that you're not a true Mayberrian

Neither. When is the last time you took a nice holiday?

Fuck holidays imo. I can take a holiday for 2 weeks and have nothing to show for it or I can buy something ill enjoy for years to come.

For me the choice is easy. Ive never been on vacation in my life. Not sure I would even enjoy it, im not an outdoorsy person and I dont drink often. Oh and I dont like people.

you should save your money and buy a monocle and a tiny tweed vest suit and assemble a rag-tag band of misfits and journey to the center of the earth

Get the computer. Any option that involves helmet hair is a big no no

Fuck holidays imo. I can take a holiday for 2 weeks and have nothing to show for it or I can buy something ill enjoy for years to come.

For me the choice is easy. Ive never been on vacation in my life. Not sure I would even enjoy it, im not an outdoorsy person and I dont drink often. Oh and I dont like people.
How much have those computers you've got depreciated since you bought them and what have you got to show for all the nights spent online shooting 10 year olds and fat basement dwellers? You immortalized on the leaderboards?

You don't have to socialize on holiday. I'm on holiday now and sometimes I barely speak to a soul. I added a 3rd girlfriend to the stable weeks back so I don't really have the drive to meet women and I'm not drinking because I'm on a cut so nightlife is not the most interesting. I do self-guided or private tours. Explore by bike. Take classes. If I'm feeling particularly miserable I just order in food and a massage and indulge some creative pursuit at a local park.

I used to think that way. Then I gradually stopped caring about material possessions and realized the happy memories I have from travelling are the most valuable thing I own.

Just buy them both

I could but I dont like dipping too far in my account. I told myself I could have one or the other but not both.

I have a certain number I dont let my account get under. Im only 2.5k over so thats what im working with. The scooter will be about 4k with a helmet, taxes and a cover. I can have that amount in June.

4 weeks in Tokyo. Enjoy.

Ok just read the rest of the thread. Maybe Tokyo for 4 weeks isn't a good idea.

How much have those computers you've got depreciated since you bought them and what have you got to show for all the nights spent online shooting 10 year olds and fat basement dwellers? You immortalized on the leaderboards?

You don't have to socialize on holiday. I'm on holiday now and sometimes I barely speak to a soul. I added a 3rd girlfriend to the stable weeks back so I don't really have the drive to meet women and I'm not drinking because I'm on a cut so nightlife is not the most interesting. I do self-guided or private tours. Explore by bike. Take classes. If I'm feeling particularly miserable I just order in food and a massage and indulge some creative pursuit at a local park.

I understand, but you do that because it makes you happy. You know what makes me happy? Peace and quiet in my apartment watching star trek voyager and blogging on sherdog with my new computer! Cooking a nice dinner.

Im not for that life

I understand, but you do that because it makes you happy. You know what makes me happy? Peace and quiet in my apartment watching star trek voyager and blogging on sherdog with my new computer! Cooking a nice dinner.

Im not for that life

Well to be fair you've never tried that life.

Buy a road bike. It's better for you and for the planet.

cannondalesynapsemens.jpg

Well to be fair you've never tried that life.

Buy a road bike. It's better for you and for the planet.

cannondalesynapsemens.jpg

I have a bicycle. Im going to start using it next week since the weather is finally warming up. It usually takes 40 minutes to walk each way to work, but a bicycle will get that down to 15 minutes.

Id like the motorcycle style scooter but I know a different kind would probably be more useful, like one with space under the seat for groceries.

Right now I walk to the grocery store and carry them all back in a 60l military backpack. Its hard on my back.

Im not for that life
To each his own.

Im not for that life

You can do both. I'm sat in my flat in the peace and quiet binge watching Voyager on netflix right now- no shit. Couldn't imagine my life if I didn't have travelling/camping plans to look forward to.

Back