I hope Volkov will KO Lewis.

I normally like Lewis, but knocking his hat off wasn't cool.
Fuck that hat and the smug prick that was wearing it. He gets one good win against an over the hill werdum and now he's a rock star? Please.

I take it that you never have suffered from severe chronic back pain before. I've been bed ridden 80% of the time for the last 9 years. Take it from me, It's the worse pain in the world that I can think of, so shut the fuck up.

I've had bad back issues for most of my adult life, so I'm very aware of how it hurts athletic performance. The thing is, he's been talking about after a number of fights now, and I think it's a chronic condition that's always going to be a problem, especially at his weight.

But he's making too good of money at this point to retire (which he's said he wants to do), so he puts up with it and it hurts his performance to a large degree (that plus the horrible cardio). Don't blame him, really, just think he's milking it for all it's worth at this point in his career.

He's said that he's received new treatment and it's much better now. We'll see.

Here's Lewis fighting on the main card way too soon, if you ask me, after his last 'performance'' against Nganou. I don't feel like ready to see him 'fight' again already. Hope Volkov pushes his teeth in.

Lewis is 9-3 in his last 12 UFC fights at Heavyweight. Not a bad record, but not very impressive altogether with the opponents he has beat.
Considering the three losses were all by knock out.
Shawn Jordan knocked him out dude, who loses to Shawn Jordan??? Who loses to Shawn Jordan TWICE???
Derrick Lewis will never be a legit contender, top 10 gatekeeper at best. And his resume is shit. Stop talking out of your ass.
So what? He's racked up a lot of impressive wins since his ko losses early in ufc. At least Shawn Jordan made it to the UFC.

Volkov has been finished multiple times by random M1 Russia level journeyman early in his career. He was getting touched repeatedly by Struve in their fight until Struve did his usual brain fart and cardio fail. If he let's black beast start swanging 'an banging on his chin even once hes taking a nap.

So what? He's racked up a lot of impressive wins since his ko losses early in ufc. At least Shawn Jordan made it to the UFC.

Volkov has been finished multiple times by random M1 Russia level journeyman early in his career. He was getting touched repeatedly by Struve in their fight until Struve did his usual brain fart and cardio fail. If he let's black beast start swanging 'an banging on his chin even once hes taking a nap.

I did say that if Lewis lands that right hand it's not going to be pretty. But key word. 'early in his career'. I believe Volkov has learned more from his losses and has improved more in the past few years than Lewis. I'm not picking either fighter to win but I believe Volkov has more weapons and is more well rounded than Lewis.
Not to forget that Volkov has only been submitted in his early career and has 23 finishes out of 30 wins. He has recently lost two decisions, one split and one unanimous 6-7 fights ago in bellator.

His only KO loss came at the hands of undefeated absolute beast of a fighter Vitaly Minakov. 21-0.
5 years ago.

So you make your own judgement on who has improved more and has learned move from his losses. Volkov or Lewis who admitted he doesn't know how to do takedowns.

Nah i want the beast 2 win. He was supposed to just be a card filler but he's turned into more than that. His last fight blew but he's had major back problems throughout his career. I want him to ko volkov and get a shot at dc, it'd be an interesting style/size matchup.

You are not a fan of the sport if you want some unknown guy with 3,5k twitter followers to win a fight in a already boring HW division. Lewis by KO round 1 and god forbid any different scenario.

BTW. Stop with all that "respect" bullshit. Respect is overrated. The only important thing is to be yourself and don't act like someone you will never be just to promote the fight. And i can say that Lewis is a pretty genuine guy.
Fuck yeah beast is great. What is the purpose of "weigh ins" if not to see shit pop off? Otherwise they'd do it in the back with no fanfare.
I think BBs mentality has to be on point or else he'll get lethargic mid fight and stop fighting to his full potential, like the Ngannou fight.
That intensity is what we NEED to see from Lewis.

Volkan has that blonde-guy slimey shit eating grin that says "dont trust me around your gf"

96anpd.jpg

Was a big supporter until he bitched in the Ngannou fight.

After the first round he went to his corner and cried "my back hurts" like a baby.

Now he tries to pull that shit on a really classy Volkov? Fuck him.
Upon rewatch, I respect his attempts at leaping switchkicks between back spasms lol heart of a champion

BB laid an egg that night, but Ngannou took a shit, looked ruined for good imo.

Lewis seems to lock up mentally and lose focus, but he seemed dialed in yesterday.

THAT Derrick can get the win. The one that fought Francis was lucky he was the 2nd worst fighter that night, just behind Francis.

People are forgetting how exciting Derrick Lewis is to watch. He had one poor performance and now people are acting like he's a boring fighter

You are not a fan of the sport if you want some unknown guy with 3,5k twitter followers to win a fight in a already boring HW division. Lewis by KO round 1 and god forbid any different scenario.

BTW. Stop with all that "respect" bullshit. Respect is overrated. The only important thing is to be yourself and don't act like someone you will never be just to promote the fight. And i can say that Lewis is a pretty genuine guy.

I don't go by how many twitter followers a guy has.

I like Black Beast but his last match was one of the all timer stinkers whereas Volkov went to war with Werdum and KO'd him and won a fight of the night against Struve before that.

Fyi, Volkov's only (T)KO loss is to the greatest active HW - Minakov. Dude has a chin. Can't see Lewis putting him out tbh.

People are forgetting how exciting Derrick Lewis is to watch. He had one poor performance and now people are acting like he's a boring fighter
Its the way it goes, "your last fight is what we'll pretend your whole career is made of!"

After the hunt fight, he seemed so dejected that he said he was gonna retire.

As a fan, I hope he was just being forthcoming to a fault. But he seems to have an ongoing theme of self doubt over the course of 2 years, so I get why ppl aren't picking him to win.

His last fight was a one off (let's hope) but his general lackadaisical behavior leaves fans wondering how committed he is.

Right hes one of the most exciting guys in the division. He aint technical but i love how he just stands up with people on top of him, liddell shit right there. Also if he's down on the cards he swangs and bangs.

Lewis looked like shit against a WAY past it Hunt just over a year ago, guy is trash. Hopefully he actually comes to bang this time and not cry about his bad back.

After the snooze fest with Francios I hope BB gets destroyed into retirement...

Back