I just don't get Mike Perry's popularity

Mike Perry has good looks? How can a dumbass with a face tattoo have good looks? Maybe for the uneducated.

He isn't nearly as good as his fans make him out to be.

Mike Perry has good looks? How can a dumbass with a face tattoo have good looks? Maybe for the uneducated.

He isn't nearly as good as his fans make him out to be.

Hum yes he does look good and does have alot of natural charisma.

He is the posterboy for wannabe white boys

he acts like a brain dead caveman not surprising that's very appealing to mma fans
also lol at "goodlooking"

I don't think he is that popular. But fighters who stand and trade will always have fans.

good looks?

Mike Perry looks like someone's uncle who isn't allowed at thanksgiving.

He’s a genuine personality in the age of fake personalities in MMA. He speaks his mind and is an exciting fighter.

I genuinely don’t care about a fighter’s personality outside the cage. Haven’t watched a presser in decades: I also don’t give a rat’s ass what they look like.

I also get that Perry is popular for his stand and bang style. It makes fights exciting.

I’m not convinced, even with a real camp, he’s ever going to be fringe top ten. He hits hard and has a chin, but that chin won’t last the way he takes punishment. And he’s slow and flat footed.

I think Jouban would still pick him apart.

It's a similar appeal to the Diaz brothers. Too bad he doesn't have half the talent they did in their primes.

didn't know there was any.

he's the hero of the white trash, that's about it.

Mike Perry is likable for the same reason Derrick Lewis they never seem to be saying or doing things just for attention. When it comes to people in the spotlight coming off genuine can mean a lot. Is Perry ghetto yeah, but it feels like just who he is and not a character he's playing. It's the sort of like how despite being sort of corny and overly nice, Sage and Wonderboy are likable because it doesn't feel like an act.

At one point he was a guy with a 9-0 record (or 11-1) with all wins coming by (t)KO.

That's enough to get some fans, and he got them.
Now people are just having fun, I don't think they still follow him like before.

Back