I like Fedor, but you guys are such prisoners of the moment.

It was to see Fedor get a win but he didn't show me anything that makes me think he's not an inch away from being finished in any fight.

Can we stop the biased bullshit guys, Fedor is finished.

Someone tried to say that Fedor has a 70% chance of knocking out Stipe based on his performance at the weekend. It's hard to defend you Fedor hardcores when I read statements like that.

I like Fedor, never been one of my top 5 favorites but I've always cheered for him. Unfortunately I think I missed the prime years of Fedor Emelianenko and have only been able to enjoy his greatness in retrospect. I remember watching Werdum (one of my favorite fighters) submit Fedor, and I was absolutely gutted to see the streak end. All that said, he is past it.

Let's take a look at Frank Mir's last few bouts:

14G44ZZ.gif

JDHpAqw.gif

So he got slept with the first punch of the fight against Hunt and stared at Arlovski for 15 minutes, prior to that Frank knocked out the biggest hype-job we've ever seen in the Heavyweight division (Duffee) and a completely shot version of Antonio Silva. Prior to that, Mir lost 4 in a row, Overeem, Barnett, Cormier and dos Santos.

R15YWb.gif

RsfWD.gif

tumblr_mllpvbfEq41qaa8d1o1_500.gif

untitled-3l19tg.gif

Beating Frank Mir in a 50-50, swing from the hips and see who drops first type of fight is not exactly impressive. Outside of a great submission against Nogueira (who already knocked him senseless beforehand) Mir has been done for years, getting a win over him means next to nothing.

Fedor just got knocked out by Matt Mitrione guys. You want to start jumping around and saying that he somehow proved his GOAT status last Saturday, when only a few months ago he was slept by a guy who is barely in the top 10 in the world, if that. What about the Maldonado robbery that was shockingly never overturned? He was beat within an inch of his life against a small Light Heavyweight, a poor one at that.

giphy.gif

I get it guys, he is amazing, he achieved amazing things in this sport. At one point he was probably the best of all-time, but people get old, they get outside of their prime. Fedor is still doing well to even be somewhat competitive at this advanced stage, but please stop the whole he's the GOAT again and he will beat Stipe type of bollocks.

Thoughts...?
In the Heavyweight division, any one punch can end anyone's night, ask Stefan Struve, however, you just showed 3 steroid freaks beat Mir in JDS, Overeem and Barnett. Then, he got decisioned by Cormier, Arlovski and Overeem. The lone "clean" KO came from Hunt but that is a 50/50 fight as well. Am I arguing that Fedor is the same guy that he once was? Hell no, we can all see that he isn't but it was a nostalgic moment and guys like you, who pretend to be "fans", don't understand it because you are from the "what have you done for me lately" crowd. Miocic has proven to be very hittable and if Fedor could connect, again, at heavyweight anything could happen. I wouldn't say the odds favor him in the slightest but he has the tools to pull off the upset. If you tell me that Struve punches harder than Fedor, then you've got issues.

Can we stop the biased bullshit guys, Fedor is finished.

Someone tried to say that Fedor has a 70% chance of knocking out Stipe based on his performance at the weekend. It's hard to defend you Fedor hardcores when I read statements like that.

I like Fedor, never been one of my top 5 favorites but I've always cheered for him. Unfortunately I think I missed the prime years of Fedor Emelianenko and have only been able to enjoy his greatness in retrospect. I remember watching Werdum (one of my favorite fighters) submit Fedor, and I was absolutely gutted to see the streak end. All that said, he is past it.

Let's take a look at Frank Mir's last few bouts:

14G44ZZ.gif

JDHpAqw.gif

So he got slept with the first punch of the fight against Hunt and stared at Arlovski for 15 minutes, prior to that Frank knocked out the biggest hype-job we've ever seen in the Heavyweight division (Duffee) and a completely shot version of Antonio Silva. Prior to that, Mir lost 4 in a row, Overeem, Barnett, Cormier and dos Santos.

R15YWb.gif

RsfWD.gif

tumblr_mllpvbfEq41qaa8d1o1_500.gif

untitled-3l19tg.gif

Beating Frank Mir in a 50-50, swing from the hips and see who drops first type of fight is not exactly impressive. Outside of a great submission against Nogueira (who already knocked him senseless beforehand) Mir has been done for years, getting a win over him means next to nothing.

Fedor just got knocked out by Matt Mitrione guys. You want to start jumping around and saying that he somehow proved his GOAT status last Saturday, when only a few months ago he was slept by a guy who is barely in the top 10 in the world, if that. What about the Maldonado robbery that was shockingly never overturned? He was beat within an inch of his life against a small Light Heavyweight, a poor one at that.

giphy.gif

I get it guys, he is amazing, he achieved amazing things in this sport. At one point he was probably the best of all-time, but people get old, they get outside of their prime. Fedor is still doing well to even be somewhat competitive at this advanced stage, but please stop the whole he's the GOAT again and he will beat Stipe type of bollocks.

Thoughts...?

I don't think you even know who exactly you're addressing with this post. Nobody is claiming Fedor is remotely the same guy he was a decade ago. They're just happy he won.

I don't think you even know who exactly you're addressing with this post. Nobody is claiming Fedor is remotely the same guy he was a decade ago. They're just happy he won.
I'm addressing 2 points.

1. The idea that he still has it.
2. The idea that a win over a washed up fighter like Mir somehow elevates him back to GOAT status.

Both are incorrect.

I'm addressing 2 points.

1. The idea that he still has it.
2. The idea that a win over a washed up fighter like Mir somehow elevates him back to GOAT status.

Both are incorrect.

1. He doesn't have it and nobody is saying he does.
2. Mir being washed up is irrelevant since Fedor is equally as washed. Mir was the betting favourite.

You're trying to attack targets you yourself have erected. It's dumb.

In the Heavyweight division, any one punch can end anyone's night, ask Stefan Struve, however, you just showed 3 steroid freaks beat Mir in JDS, Overeem and Barnett. Then, he got decisioned by Cormier, Arlovski and Overeem. The lone "clean" KO came from Hunt but that is a 50/50 fight as well. Am I arguing that Fedor is the same guy that he once was? Hell no, we can all see that he isn't but it was a nostalgic moment and guys like you, who pretend to be "fans", don't understand it because you are from the "what have you done for me lately" crowd. Miocic has proven to be very hittable and if Fedor could connect, again, at heavyweight anything could happen. I wouldn't say the odds favor him in the slightest but he has the tools to pull off the upset. If you tell me that Struve punches harder than Fedor, then you've got issues.
Was going to respond to your post in more detail but when I read the condescending comment about me pretending to be fan, alongside the claim that I'm a "what have you done for me lately" type of guy, I just gave up.

Dude, my favorite fighters consist of; Quinton Jackson, Mauricio Rua, BJ Penn, Nick Diaz, Jose Aldo, Benson Henderson and Robbie Lawler (just to name a few). If I was so bothered by what they have done for me lately then I wouldn't still follow them, most of them are washed up and over the hill, some of them have had recent declines and some of them simply don't have it anymore. I'm the furthest thing from a fair-weather fan, but I'm also not delusional like many.

If Nick Diaz returns tomorrow and knocks out Evan Dunham, I'm not going to shit the bed over it and go into meltdown "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, NICK IS BACK! NICK IS THE GOAT!"

It's called being sensible.

1. He doesn't have it and nobody is saying he does.
2. Mir being washed up is irrelevant since Fedor is equally as washed. Mir was the betting favourite.

You're trying to attack targets you yourself have erected. It's dumb.
1. You obviously haven't been on Sherdog since Saturday night, or you're blind. The threads about him beating Stipe, top 10 Heavyweights and other "he still has it" threads have been created left, right and center.
2. Sure, he's washed up and he beat a washed up Mir, that is exactly my point. I cannot understand how that they equates to "he's the GOAT", "I told you all, he's still the GOAT" threads.

I haven't seen anyone saying Fedor is the best HW right now, just that they are happy he won a fight against another dude from his era that has been around a long time. You seem like you found one comment you didn't like (if that even happened at all) and are using it to bash Fedor.

1. You obviously haven't been on Sherdog since Saturday night, or you're blind. The threads about him beating Stipe, top 10 Heavyweights and other "he still has it" threads have been created left, right and center.
2. Sure, he's washed up and he beat a washed up Mir, that is exactly my point. I cannot understand how that they equates to "he's the GOAT", "I told you all, he's still the GOAT" threads.

Troll threads are troll threads.

If you think this isn't a troll thread, I don't know what to tell you; http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/fyodor-finishes-most-of-the-ufc-top-10-imo.3756665/

His GOAT status isn't effected by anything he does now. We're in his epilogue.

Was going to respond to your post in more detail but when I read the condescending comment about me pretending to be fan, alongside the claim that I'm a "what have you done for me lately" type of guy, I just gave up.

Dude, my favorite fighters consist of; Quinton Jackson, Mauricio Rua, BJ Penn, Nick Diaz, Jose Aldo, Benson Henderson and Robbie Lawler (just to name a few). If I was so bothered by what they have done for me lately then I wouldn't still follow them, most of them are washed up and over the hill, some of them have had recent declines and some of them simply don't have it anymore. I'm the furthest thing from a fair-weather fan, but I'm also not delusional like many.

If Nick Diaz returns tomorrow and knocks out Evan Dunham, I'm not going to shit the bed over it and go into meltdown "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, NICK IS BACK! NICK IS THE GOAT!"

It's called being sensible.
I understand where you are coming from now but your post gives off a different impression. Do I think that Fedor WILL beat Miocic? No. Do I think that he could? Yes.

Pretty simple and the Mir fight was long overdue but was still pretty exciting. That's all.

I enjoyed the moment too, I was actually buzzing for him, but you should be able to enjoy a moment without being ridiculous in your claims.

Nobody was sitting here claiming that Matt Mitrione would/could sleep Stipe after he knocked Fedor stiff, but Fedor beats a washed up Mir and now he's the GOAT again.

Be real.
But I think Mitrione vs Miocic is 50/50. Miocic doesn't have the greatest chin and is hittable. Mitrione is about the same size and is pretty durable. It is heavyweight and anything can happen.

Beating Mir after him being out two years is far from impressive. Especially since Mir actually dropped him first. Mir’s inability to follow up shows that he’s done.

Meathead knocking Fedor out is a more accurate statement of the way things really are now imo.

If Bisping had beat GSP nobody would have given him credit for it. Because beating a former WW, who hadn’t fought in 4 years really wouldn’t have been that impressive.

For that matter. Mir beating Fedor wouldn’t have been impressive either.
So why in the hell did you even watch or are even commentating on this fight if nothing about it impresses you? Get on to a subject that does.

Yes, but Stipe destroyed all 3 of them, they weren't competitive lol. When you compare Mir's performances against Hunt and Arlovski, then we see what sort of difference we are dealing with.

Stipe ran through Maldonado, Fedor lost to him (minimum a draw).

We can all agree that the Heavyweight division is a mess, but I don't even think Fedor would beat JDS or Overeem personally, he definitely isn't beating Stipe.

I wish he would, I would like nothing more than Fedor to be the UFC champion, it was be incredible lol.
Fedor could beat a natural JDS or Overeem... roided, I don't think he does. Do I think Fedor is still the Fedor of old? A resounding hell no but he has a chance. It is the old lion vs the young one. 9 out of 10 times he gets beat but all it takes is one shot.

I've been a fan of Fedor since the good ol' Pride days and I think he's definitely amongst the GOAT (especially considering he has almost always been undersized), but it's getting a bit out of hand if people now start thinking that Fedor at 41 years old knocks out 70% of the UFC HW division. He beat Mir who has not looked good for years. It was a good win, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he'd be amongst the elite in today's HW division. Just go back to his fight against Mitrione where he lost, that's a pretty strong indication that he'd struggle with the top 10 in the UFC. Not that he couldn't knock out anyone on a good day, it's just that it's not very likely he'd beat someone like Miocic.
9 out of 10?

Obviously Fedor is old now. What are you even trying to argue about? Can't you tell when you are being trolled?

You are missing the point...

You are talking about Fedor's competition and then bringing up Stipe. The guys that Stipe had to fight to get the Title, all fought Fedor. Except when Fedor fought them, they were at their peek(minus Fabio).

VS Hunt at age 32...
Fedor2020Hunt1.jpg

VS Stipe at age 41...
HuntMandelSherdog.jpg

Andrei Arlovski at 29...
6917ff8d0d2cdcaad20cc3fcec606c96.jpg

VS Stipe at age 36...

031_Andrei_Arlovski.0.jpg

When Werdum was 32...
Fabricio-Werdum-vs.-Fedor-Emelianenko-fight-videos-replay.jpg

When he was 38...

fabricio-werdum-stipe-miocic-ufc-198.jpg

Going over this list I realized that most of Stipe's wins are over old/older HW's and when he did fight the younger guys, he often had problems or lost.
holy shit... good gotdammed point! So many retarded posts but it is gems like these that keep me coming back.

Can we stop the biased bullshit guys, Fedor is finished.....

Recency bias, you mean. Happens all the time, not just with Fedor. And in any sport.

Am enjoying the forums at the moment, this is what it was like here back in the day when Fedor was at his peak and there was a Heavyweights section, there were so many Fedor threads people wanted him put in his own section, consider yourself lucky if this gets to you.

Most of us are just happy he won. At 40+ years old with multiple losses in brutal ways, it's highly unlikely for any mma fighter to climb back to the top.

Fedor now is not what he was or even close. I was glad to see him win, but he's old and lost his fire. And who can blame him, he has nothing to prove. He has money, is a hero in Russia.. That being said from early 2000s he was baddest man around. And is the best ever. If he retired and never fought again I would be good with that, but I'm not his dad, so he can do what he wants. Mir is Mir.. He does have a draw name somewhat. It was a good fight for both guys. Fedor won. It doesn't mean he's back, or as good as he was. His knee injuries, back injuries, have took his mobility and grappling way down. It's age.. He did fight a lot, as well as do combat Sambo as well for the whole time he was in pride. He's a legend. If Chuck comes back to fight, it is the same thing.. Chuck had his day, but won't be the same, cause he has lost hid undefeatable aura.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back